Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
Over the weekend Beyoncé shared the fun and DIY music video for one of her new records off the re-release of her self-titled album, "7/11," and today we've got the full album to stream via Spotify.
After rumors of a possible new Beyonce album circulated over the weekend, the singer has confirmed a limited edition box set for her self-titled Beyonce album.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
Its good to be YG right about now. Having recently launched his single "My Nigga" to phenomenal success and, as of now, platinum success, the song serves as a lead single from his upcoming album "My Krazy Life", which should drop this March.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Justin Timberlake's second The 20/20 Experience hasn't been doing as well as the first-- but that's not saying much, considering the first basically went platinum in a week.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
You may remember when Kendrick was preemptively awarded a platinum plaque for good kid, m.A.A.d city back in June. At that point one million copies of the album had been shipped, but it was not until this week that the record's sales finally hit 7 figures.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
Adding to Rihanna's already long list of awards and achievements is the news that her latest album, Unapologetic, has officially gone platinum.
The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Can't Hold Us" Hits Platinum [Update: Song Hits No. 1, Makes Billboard History] May 8, 2013 at 02:12pm
After the success of their last single "Thrift Shop", Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have added another platinum hit under their belt. The duo's recent single, "Can't Hold Us", has officially hit platinum.
Justin Timberlake's winning streak continues. The artist's comeback proved to be a very fruitful one, after selling aroud 980k copies of his album opening week, The 20/20 Experience went platinum quickly after.
Mac Miller's "Donald Trump" has had its fair share of trouble. First, the song's namesake, Donald Trump, seemed pleased with the track, and praised Mac for it, then he switched up his tone completely and wanted to sue Mac over it.
Drake's "Take Care" Goes Double Platinum, "Started From The Bottom" Goes Platinum Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57am
Drake saw quite a bit of success this past week, with both the rapper's new ish and old achieving new heights sale-wise. HHNM reports that Drizzy's sophomore album, Take Care, went double platinum, hitting the 2 million mark in sales.
As reported by Complex, Future has confirmed via Twitter that he, Lil' Wayne and Drake's huge "Love Me" single has been certified platinum, having sold more than a million individual units to date. The same can't be said of Wayne's I Am Not A Human Bein
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More604 Views5 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"7,758 Views22 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"3,608 Views34 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA1,858 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces7,014 Views33 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample8,613 Views23 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show12,881 Views22 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."16,847 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record33,593 Views140 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz22,128 Views147 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers5,397 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."36,649 Views32 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,833 Views19 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"12,626 Views42 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,893 Views0 Comments