As if Drake really needs another ego boost, but his surprise mixtape-album If You're Reading This It's Too Late has officially gone platinum.
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
Over the weekend Beyoncé shared the fun and DIY music video for one of her new records off the re-release of her self-titled album, "7/11," and today we've got the full album to stream via Spotify.
After rumors of a possible new Beyonce album circulated over the weekend, the singer has confirmed a limited edition box set for her self-titled Beyonce album.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
Its good to be YG right about now. Having recently launched his single "My Nigga" to phenomenal success and, as of now, platinum success, the song serves as a lead single from his upcoming album "My Krazy Life", which should drop this March.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Justin Timberlake's second The 20/20 Experience hasn't been doing as well as the first-- but that's not saying much, considering the first basically went platinum in a week.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
You may remember when Kendrick was preemptively awarded a platinum plaque for good kid, m.A.A.d city back in June. At that point one million copies of the album had been shipped, but it was not until this week that the record's sales finally hit 7 figures.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
Adding to Rihanna's already long list of awards and achievements is the news that her latest album, Unapologetic, has officially gone platinum.
The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
RIAA Now Includes Audio & Video Song Streams In Gold & Platinum Certification May 9, 2013 at 11:11am
As the music industry continues to adjust to the age of the Internet, The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has announced a new change in their certification of Gold and Platinum awards.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Can't Hold Us" Hits Platinum [Update: Song Hits No. 1, Makes Billboard History] May 8, 2013 at 02:12pm
After the success of their last single "Thrift Shop", Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have added another platinum hit under their belt. The duo's recent single, "Can't Hold Us", has officially hit platinum.
Justin Timberlake's winning streak continues. The artist's comeback proved to be a very fruitful one, after selling aroud 980k copies of his album opening week, The 20/20 Experience went platinum quickly after.
Mac Miller's "Donald Trump" has had its fair share of trouble. First, the song's namesake, Donald Trump, seemed pleased with the track, and praised Mac for it, then he switched up his tone completely and wanted to sue Mac over it.
Drake's "Take Care" Goes Double Platinum, "Started From The Bottom" Goes Platinum Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57am
Drake saw quite a bit of success this past week, with both the rapper's new ish and old achieving new heights sale-wise. HHNM reports that Drizzy's sophomore album, Take Care, went double platinum, hitting the 2 million mark in sales.
As reported by Complex, Future has confirmed via Twitter that he, Lil' Wayne and Drake's huge "Love Me" single has been certified platinum, having sold more than a million individual units to date. The same can't be said of Wayne's I Am Not A Human Bein
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 839 Views20 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"977 Views13 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings10,701 Views54 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 61,411 Views0 Comments
- Tinashe Collaborates With Boi-1da, Travi$ Scott, Hit-Boy & More For New Album4,920 Views32 Comments
- LyriQuiz: The Weeknd - "Wicked Games"4,213 Views14 Comments
- Slaughterhouse Announces East Coast Tour1,879 Views1 Comment
- Top 5 Moments From Action Bronson's "Fuck, That's Delicious"1,863 Views2 Comments
- Common Weighs In On Drake & Serena Hooking Up16,503 Views72 Comments
- Rita Ora Debuts New Song "Religion" With Wiz Khalifa, Fuels Dating Rumors9,404 Views30 Comments
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West To Receive $440k Settlement From Leaked Engagement Video8,264 Views26 Comments
- #TBT: Big Pun2,011 Views17 Comments
- Derrick Rose Accused Of Drugging And Raping His Ex Girlfriend7,518 Views0 Comments
- Chief Keef Reportedly Named His Son's Middle Name After His New Record Label21,529 Views74 Comments
- The Weeknd Covers Billboard Magazine7,343 Views46 Comments