OVO Radio was back for another installment Saturday evening, and this time it was Jordan Ullman, one half of OVO duo Majid Jordan, who took the hot seat. The show started with a lengthy set from OVO's resident tastemaker, Oliver El-Khatib, which feat
Drake loves to play tastemaker, especially when he's broadcasting the up and coming sounds of his hometown for all of the hip hop world to hear. Social media and now OVO Sound radio are his primary platforms for spotlighting promising Toronto artists.
Drake debuted an OVO-produced "Free Meek Mill" t-shirt back when the Philly rapper was locked up, and it looks like he broke it out again during OVO rehearsals today.Toronto rap site thisisWalder.com posted a pic of Drizzy from what appears to be soundcheck (j
Drake always makes sure to have plenty of guests throughout his OVO Fest performance, but generally he like sto bring at least one OG icon out to do a short set.
The general internet consensus around the Drake and Meek Mill beef is that Drizzy is in the lead, and it seems the Toronto rapper has made going online part of his day, as he's aware of the scoreboard.“I haven’t taken a loss all week,” Drake
This week's edition of Staff Picks seems to be (accidentally) OVO themed, like a light/curated version of OVO Radio. Drizzy dominated this week, dropping two diss records (back to back), to be followed up by Meek's own attempt at a diss track last night.
This morning, OVO's PartyNextDoor came out of nowhere with a new track called "Kehlani's Freestyle." Although unexpected, the move isn't out of the ordinary for PND, who has somewhat of a habit of sharing one-off tracks on a whim.
The Oliver El Khatib-Drake-Noah "40" Shebib triumvirate dropped a quartet of bombs during Saturday's episode of OVO Sound Radio: PND's "No Feelings" feat.
The last 24 hours in rap have been pretty damn crazy, and they don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. As of today, seven new iLoveMakonnen songs have made their way online.
Last night, Meek Mill announced to the world that Drake's verse on their collaboration "R.I.C.O." was in fact written with the help of someone else.
We didn't get a new Drake project yesterday, but we pretty much got the next best thing. During OVO Sound's debut Beats 1 radio show, Champagne Papi premiered three new songs (most of them remixes) amidst sets by Oliver El Khatib and Eric Dingus.
Today, wearers of OVO apparel across the world rejoice. The Toronto label announced via Twitter that they will release their summer 2015 fashion collection at their flagship Toronto store on June 20 and online on June 24.
Earlier this afternoon XXL unveiled their 2015 XXL Freshmen cover after much anticipation. The cover's been a long time coming, with artists pushing for their spot several months ago.
Drake stays true to the three words he lent to Juvenile's Rich Gang single "Show Me Love." "I Show Love" is mantra he lives by when he's in the 6 and when he's on the road.
Drake's annual Houston Appreciation Weekend closed out last night, and while it's received some criticism from the local scene, Drake certainly garnered a warm reception at his final performance.
As we learned last week, Drake and the OVO squad will be making "Houston Appreciation Weekend" an annual thing, and with the 2015 edition kicking off on Thursday, they've shared a schedule of events.
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account8,008 Views34 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville26,185 Views46 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA10,126 Views18 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)3,773 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"22,880 Views116 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,487 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest33,171 Views34 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days14,242 Views55 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest19,812 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,181 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,148 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"30,809 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,211 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date60,659 Views215 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,686 Views3 Comments