Once you reach a certain status in the rap game, there comes a time where you dedicate an entire summer to headlining music festivals. We've seen Kanye West, and more recently, Outkast, take on this task, but in 2015, it's Drake's turn.
A year ago, Ducko Mcfli had never gotten his name on a beat with an artist outside of Nashville.
Part of the appeal of OVO's PARTYNEXTDOOR is his mysterious online presence. He rarely tweets, rarely guests on non-OVO artists' music, and until now, has not sat down for official interviews with publications.
After Drake performed "Madonna", off If You're Reading This It's Too Late, during his headlining set at Coachella Sunday night, he was joined on stage by the Queen of Pop herself. And that wasn't nearly as big a surprise as what happened next.
At the end of March, we heard reports that a physical release of Drake's momentous mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late would be making it's way into stores this April, and today, that report has been confirmed.Billboard has announced that D
After a brief hiatus, Underrated Audio is back. We're back on our mission to supply you with exciting new music you may have missed upon initial browsing, from artists who haven't quite broken the mainstream. The talent is there, the quality uncut.
In 2014, the Canadian government awarded Drake's OVO Fest $300,000, but, this year, it looks like funding for the Toronto festival will have to come out of OVO's pockets.
OVO is quickly becoming way more than a label. The OVO clothing brand opened up its flagship store in Toronto late last year, and on Twitter today, they announced they would be debuting their first-ever pop-up store in the U.S.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
Drake's recent project If You're Reading This It's Too Late found him at his most egotistical, whether it be bragging about his wealth, dismissing other rappers who aren't up to par with him, and being obsessed with his own crew, his own city.
iLoveMakonnen has gained a loyal fanbase following his Drake co-sign, and certified hit record, "Tuesday", and he's finally planned out a tour to bring his music to the people nationwide.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Drake broke the Internet two nights ago by unexpectedly releasing his brand new mixtape If You're Reading This It's Too Late. It looks like Drake did the cover art himself, writing out the mixtape title in all caps above the signature 6-God prayer hands.
GLOVO; it certainly has a nice ring to it, but is it the makings of a new bond between Drake and Chief Keef? Sosa just yesterday posted a photo to Instagram with a logo for the mysterious acronym, captioning the pic with "Thou Not Ready".
Drake's OVO imprint has become a brand in and of itself, as most crew/labels are warrant to do these days. OVO has done several capsule collections in the past, most recently, OVO teamed up with Capcom for a street fighter inspired line of clothing.
Well, this is interesting. Chicago rapper King Louie may be quietly signed to Drake's OVO imprint, at least, that would be a good explanation for his latest tattoos. Otherwise he's campaigning to get signed really hard.
- French Montana Shares Artwork & Tracklist From "Casino Life 2"18,799 Views93 Comments
- Stephen Curry To Be Named NBA MVP4,475 Views0 Comments
- Houston Astros Are Selling Hats Signed By Bun B And Fat Joe For $2004,871 Views16 Comments
- Madonna Wishes She Didn't Kiss Drake At Coachella47,440 Views96 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 25 - May 12,655 Views3 Comments
- Kanye West Changes His Album Title35,403 Views84 Comments
- See The Tracklist To Jamie Foxx's "Hollywood: A Story Of A Dozen Roses"8,545 Views18 Comments
- Beyonce Signs 3 Teenagers For $1.5 Million23,092 Views29 Comments
- Review: Raekwon's "Fly International Luxurious Art"5,047 Views25 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Performs "See You Again" & "We Dem Boyz" On SNL8,077 Views13 Comments
- De La Soul Raised Over $600K On Kickstarter For Their New Album7,920 Views37 Comments
- Barter 6 Producer Wheezy Wants To Work With Lil Wayne32,447 Views61 Comments
- Lyrical Allegiance: Picking Pacquiao/Mayweather Sides Through Song12,911 Views31 Comments
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His Lawsuit12,088 Views24 Comments
- Jay Z, Drake & Eminem Are Among Billboard's "Money-Makers" Of 201438,688 Views22 Comments
You may also like...