OVO is quickly becoming way more than a label. The OVO clothing brand opened up its flagship store in Toronto late last year, and on Twitter today, they announced they would be debuting their first-ever pop-up store in the U.S.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Drake's been running his city for some time, and with that comes the responsibility of putting on an annual festival with some of the hottest rappers in the game, Drake included.
Drake's recent project If You're Reading This It's Too Late found him at his most egotistical, whether it be bragging about his wealth, dismissing other rappers who aren't up to par with him, and being obsessed with his own crew, his own city.
iLoveMakonnen has gained a loyal fanbase following his Drake co-sign, and certified hit record, "Tuesday", and he's finally planned out a tour to bring his music to the people nationwide.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Drake broke the Internet two nights ago by unexpectedly releasing his brand new mixtape If You're Reading This It's Too Late. It looks like Drake did the cover art himself, writing out the mixtape title in all caps above the signature 6-God prayer hands.
Early one morning last December, PARTYNEXTDOOR surprised us all by dropping four new tracks out of the blue on SoundCloud. Today, we seemed to get a similar dump of four more, but according to XXL, all four new ones that surfaced today are old demos.
GLOVO; it certainly has a nice ring to it, but is it the makings of a new bond between Drake and Chief Keef? Sosa just yesterday posted a photo to Instagram with a logo for the mysterious acronym, captioning the pic with "Thou Not Ready".
Drake's OVO imprint has become a brand in and of itself, as most crew/labels are warrant to do these days. OVO has done several capsule collections in the past, most recently, OVO teamed up with Capcom for a street fighter inspired line of clothing.
Well, this is interesting. Chicago rapper King Louie may be quietly signed to Drake's OVO imprint, at least, that would be a good explanation for his latest tattoos. Otherwise he's campaigning to get signed really hard.
PartyNextDoor took over the song list late last night when he dropped four new records. Travi$ Scott is featured on "Jus Know," and he's got Ca$h Out on "Don't Worry." He also let go "Girl From Oakland and "Let's Get Married."
One of the most interesting aspects of this summer's Drake Vs. Lil Wayne tour was video game company Capcom's involvement.
OVO Sound started off as the baby of Drake, Noah '40' Shebib and Oliver El-Khatib. The crew is steadily growing as the label continues to sign new talent. Those bleeding OVO blood each have an important role to play in their success.
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter4,168 Views17 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 293,085 Views40 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account17,300 Views51 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville40,893 Views53 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA13,106 Views26 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)4,535 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"25,395 Views117 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,939 Views12 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest36,186 Views36 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days15,769 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,555 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,579 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,384 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,693 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,295 Views5 Comments