OutKast might be best known for their later material like "Ms. Jackson" and "Hey Ya!," but this duo's discography runs deep.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
It's tough to catch Kanye West with a smile on his face these days, but when you're hanging out in a waffle house with Andre 3000, it's pretty much impossible to mean mug.
Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
With its opening drumroll, undeniably funky guitar licks, use of unique percussion instruments and, of course, those horns, OutKast's "SpottieOttieDopaliscious" is one of the duo's most iconic songs.
One of the biggest draws at most music festivals this summer was the reunion of OutKast, the game-changing ATL duo who hadn't performed together in a decade.
Andre 3000’s infamous jumpsuits from Outkast’s recent 20th anniversary tour will be displayed during the Art Basil Show in Miami next month.
From early on. it was clear that Andre 3000 wanted to do more with his voice than just rap. Even before he went into the experimental realms of The Love Below, he was incorporating melody into his vocals, but according to him, he got a lot of flak for it.
Andre 3000 chopped it up with Life + Times recently about his new film "Jimi: All Is By My Side," and of course, a few music-related questions got thrown into the mix.
This past weekend OutKast took over Atlanta for three days with their homecoming "ATLast" show. For each show, a different set of openers were called upon, with Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Raury opening for the Friday show.
OutKast have been travelling across the map for their reunion tour these past few months. They've put on successful shows at Coachella, Governors Ball and many more, with dates still to come.
Andre 3000 is set to play Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming movie "Jimi: All Is By My Side," centered around one important year in the guitarist's life, from 1966-1967.
Today, The New York Times published an interview with André 3000 that was supposed to focus on his role as Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming film "Jimi: All Is By My Side," but a little hint within about new music seems to be attracting much more attention.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
On April 26, 1994, OutKast released their debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. The Atlanta duo began a festival tour to celebrate this twenty-year anniversary at Coachella several weeks ago, and will be performing over forty dates this year.
Music festivals seem to be more popular than ever these days, causing hundreds of thousands of music enthusiast to splurge on passes, fly out of state or even the country, to camp outdoors and soak in live music alongside strangers in borderline unbearable hea
Big K.R.I.T., Freddie Gibbs, B.o.B And More Speak On The 20th Anniversary Of OutKast's "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik" Apr 26, 2014 at 11:46pm
Though it may be overshadowed by the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic a week prior, OutKast's debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, turned 20 today.
Eminem teased us recently about a big Texas-related announcement coming on 4/22, and as we hypothesized, the announcement is that the rapper will be headlining this year's Austin City Limits festival.
Big Boi just performed his second reunion show as one half of Outkast, and apparently things went quite a bit smoother this time around-- which is a good thing, seeing as the legendary duo have over 40 festival tour dates set up for this summer.
Big Boi just kicked off a summer-long OutKast reunion tour with André 3000, but his thoughts are already on his next move.
- Young Thug Pushes Back "Hy!£UN35" Release To September390 Views5 Comments
- Eminem Details His Recovery After 2007 Pill Overdose6,574 Views32 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: July 20152,654 Views3 Comments
- Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Rereleased On Vinyl With Hidden Track 11,468 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential SBTRKT Tracks2,318 Views8 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct After His Lollapalooza Stunt11,560 Views41 Comments
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week48,564 Views306 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 13,314 Views4 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison5,742 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st14,526 Views45 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 11,595 Views41 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)6,198 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week49,343 Views236 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker8,125 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash20,193 Views53 Comments