Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
With its opening drumroll, undeniably funky guitar licks, use of unique percussion instruments and, of course, those horns, OutKast's "SpottieOttieDopaliscious" is one of the duo's most iconic songs.
One of the biggest draws at most music festivals this summer was the reunion of OutKast, the game-changing ATL duo who hadn't performed together in a decade.
Andre 3000’s infamous jumpsuits from Outkast’s recent 20th anniversary tour will be displayed during the Art Basil Show in Miami next month.
From early on. it was clear that Andre 3000 wanted to do more with his voice than just rap. Even before he went into the experimental realms of The Love Below, he was incorporating melody into his vocals, but according to him, he got a lot of flak for it.
Andre 3000 chopped it up with Life + Times recently about his new film "Jimi: All Is By My Side," and of course, a few music-related questions got thrown into the mix.
This past weekend OutKast took over Atlanta for three days with their homecoming "ATLast" show. For each show, a different set of openers were called upon, with Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Raury opening for the Friday show.
OutKast have been travelling across the map for their reunion tour these past few months. They've put on successful shows at Coachella, Governors Ball and many more, with dates still to come.
Andre 3000 is set to play Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming movie "Jimi: All Is By My Side," centered around one important year in the guitarist's life, from 1966-1967.
Today, The New York Times published an interview with André 3000 that was supposed to focus on his role as Jimi Hendrix in the upcoming film "Jimi: All Is By My Side," but a little hint within about new music seems to be attracting much more attention.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
On April 26, 1994, OutKast released their debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. The Atlanta duo began a festival tour to celebrate this twenty-year anniversary at Coachella several weeks ago, and will be performing over forty dates this year.
Music festivals seem to be more popular than ever these days, causing hundreds of thousands of music enthusiast to splurge on passes, fly out of state or even the country, to camp outdoors and soak in live music alongside strangers in borderline unbearable hea
Big K.R.I.T., Freddie Gibbs, B.o.B And More Speak On The 20th Anniversary Of OutKast's "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik" Apr 26, 2014 at 11:46pm
Though it may be overshadowed by the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic a week prior, OutKast's debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, turned 20 today.
Eminem teased us recently about a big Texas-related announcement coming on 4/22, and as we hypothesized, the announcement is that the rapper will be headlining this year's Austin City Limits festival.
Big Boi just performed his second reunion show as one half of Outkast, and apparently things went quite a bit smoother this time around-- which is a good thing, seeing as the legendary duo have over 40 festival tour dates set up for this summer.
Big Boi just kicked off a summer-long OutKast reunion tour with André 3000, but his thoughts are already on his next move.
Hip-hop royals André 3000 and Big Boi, reunited as Outkast, closed the first day of the Coachella music festival last night, and the full experience has already hit YouTube for those who weren't in attendance or missed the live stream.
Coachella 2014 has officially kicked off, and if you didn't make it out to California this year, you now have the opportunity to watch the whole thing from the comfort of your own home.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,663 Views15 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity6,622 Views54 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend10,024 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,563 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2314,094 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,616 Views14 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,277 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs125,825 Views201 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,721 Views41 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,708 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,324 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape33,170 Views70 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,595 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,757 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,343 Views1 Comment
You may also like...