If anyone has made a career out of one song, it's OT Genasis. The Long Beach rapper went viral with "CoCo", and though the song is still playing in clubs across America, no one knew if OT was gonna produce a worthy follow up.
Busta Rhymes' The Conglomerate lost one of it's members recently, when Reek Da Villain decided to take his talents over to Cash Money. This news arrived shortly after we found out that Bussa Bus had decided to leave Birdman's label.
Busta Rhymes has been unbelievably supportive of Conglomerate artist O.T. Genasis' surprise hit "CoCo", but his overwhelming hype may have got the better of him at a recent New York show.
To date, all we have from Cali rapper OT Genasis on HNHH is his guest verse on Troy Ave's remix of Chris Brown's "Loyal," but if this new, star-studded remix is any sign of things to come, we'll be seeing a lot more from him in the future.
Busta Rhymes has been putting on for his crew lately, hopping plenty of remixes with OT Genasis and J-Doe, rappers from his label, The Conglomerate.
As Busta Rhymes' artist O.T. Genasis's track "CoCo" starts to pop off, his refrain "I'm in love with the coco" will soon make its way into your daily life and language. It's already started happening.
Jay Electronica Calls Kanye West A "Black God," Talks Young Thug & O.T. Genasis Apr 21, 2015 at 04:03pm
We may never get Jay Electronica's "Act II: Patents of Nobility", though last month, we came one leak closer with "Road to Perdition".
O.T. Genasis was arrested earlier this week (March 25), though not for what you might think. The "CoCo" rapper (and lover) was stopped in L.A.
OT Genasis is a Busta Rhymes-cosigned New York rapper who broke out with a very un-New York song ("CoCo"), so in order to deflect the ire of Ebro, Peter Rosenberg and anyone else who holds the idealized image of a "New York rapper" dearer than their firstborn
K Camp's "Cut Her Off" has been poppin' off in Atlanta for a minute now, but it's recently grown some legs outside of the region, and is currently sitting at number 80 on the Billboard 200.
O.T. Genasis struck gold with "CoCo," but now he's searching for a follow-up of the same caliber. Over the last couple months we've heard both "The Flyest" and "Ricky," nut neither have reached the heights of the rapper's breakthrough record.
The Conglomerate has been very present over the last little while. Outside of growing out his hair again, Busta Rhymes has been making sure to put his crew on, courtesy of a slew of remixes from himself O.T. Genasis, J-Doe, and plenty of others.
The Conglomerate are back with another new remix for the streets. After doing damage on Future’s “Move That Dope” remix, Busta Rhymes, O.T. Genasis, and J-Doe decide to give Wiz Khalifa’s “We Dem Boyz" the remix treatment.
If Chris Brown is known for one thing, it's hits (both musical and literal). His latest, "Loyal," is no exception to the rule.
Trae Tha Truth continues his campaign of adding 45 seconds of bars to the most poppin' songs in the land. After making tiny alterations to "Hot Nigga" and "All About The Money," the Texas rapper adds less than a minute of new material to OT Genasis' "CoCo."
If it weren't for the weird for-pay nature of Drake's new "mixtape" then all five of these tracks would come from the 6 God. That's not to say the rest of the week was terrible. Our Top 100 chart contained a number of notable tracks.
Whether or not you're in love with it, you've likely heard OT Genasis' "CoCo". The song has been taking over the club, rap radio, and social media with its highly quotable mantra.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday458 Views4 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity2,048 Views21 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend6,034 Views11 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season2,427 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 238,291 Views18 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums4,603 Views9 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 973,249 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs102,506 Views187 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine8,784 Views38 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,237 Views12 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL13,348 Views62 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape30,917 Views65 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,186 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,159 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,254 Views1 Comment
You may also like...