Things are looking better for Drake with each new release, which 'Hold On We're Going Home' has proven yet again. It's worthy addition to the impressive body of work Drake has been developing over the years. We're looking forward to hearing what's next.
Drake's highly anticipated new album Nothing Was The Same officially dropped today. Although the album is now available on iTunes and in stores, many people are already familiar with the body of work because it leaked ten days prior to dropping.
Since 2011, Drake and The Weeknd have dominated the thriving hip-hop/R&B scene in Toronto, though their relationship hasn't always been squeaky clean.
The intro to Drake's "Pound Cake"-- the closing track from Nothing Was The Same --featured a very prominent sample from a 1982 Jazz song, "Jimmy Smith Rap", performed by Jimmy Smith. The clip used in the song is not actually musical, but simply a spoken word
Drake Explains Why "Trophies" Didn't Make "NWTS," Says He'll Be Releasing It In Full Oct 30, 2013 at 10:17am
This past week Drake debuted the Hit-Boy produced record "Trophies" which didn't make his album Nothing Was The Same while he was at the Barclays Center in New York.
The last we heard a solo cut from Drizzy was back in June when he went from 0 to 100 real quick over an iconic instrumental from Boi-1da, 40, and Nineteen85.
Many people were wondering if Drake would be able to break the 1 million mark in sales with his new album Nothing Was The Same. The sales projections for the first week are in today, and it seems he's not quite there yet.
Drake's album is officially dropping tomorrow, September 24th. Nonetheless the early leak of Nothing Was The Same has given us all enough time to go through the album from start to finish, and properly digest all the lyrics, beats, and Drake-isms.
Drake Confirms Jhene Aiko Will Appear On "NWTS" [Update: Jhene Aiko Talks On Collabo, Drake Discredits Rumors] Aug 9, 2013 at 10:22am
Although Drake has remained tight-lipped about his upcoming album Nothing Was The Same, the rapper took to Twitter last night to confirm one artist that'll appear on the LP: rising singer Jhene Aiko.
Marvel has been repeatedly endearing itself to hip hop fans the last few months with their impossibly cool remixes of well-known hip hop album art as comic book covers.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
After the generous rollout for Nothing Was The Same, which gave us a great deal of free material, we were fairly sure (and perfectly happy with the fact) that the album leak would be the last of the new tracks we'd hear from Drake for a while.
Drake's official artwork for Nothing Was The Same caused quite a stir when it was revealed last week. The cover instantly spawned its share of memes, and had a lot of people talking about the meaning behind the striking images.
Drake recently revealed that his new album, Nothing Was The Same, was officially complete-- mixed & mastered and on it's way to you. As we await the release of it, Drizzy's been talking to MTV News about what to expect from the LP.
Drake recently sat down with Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi of CBC Radio for an hour-long discussion, touching on his background, musical identity, legacy, the songwriting process behind his new album Nothing Was The Same and much more.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
Nothing Was The Same is soon approaching, but we're still in the dark on many of the details of the project. NWTS's track titles and features have been kept pretty well under wraps, but in a new interview with Rolling Stone, Drake and 40 fill us in on the pro
Drake is the poster boy for VIBE's year-end Race Issue, his slightly menacing portrait framed by such tag lines as "Are You A Racist?", "Kevin Hart Has White Power", "Taming Rev. Al Sharpton" and "Ku Klux Klan In 2014".
Wu-Tang Clan Explain What Happened To Their Remix Of Drake's "Wu-Tang Forever" Oct 6, 2014 at 06:55pm
Last September, right around the time when Drake's acclaimed album Nothing Was The Same was dropping, Wu-Tang Clan's U-God announced that he and his crew had recorded a remix of Drizzy's track "Wu-Tang Forever." A year has passed, and we still have no sign
For some reason, BET decided to unveil the winners of 2014's Hip-Hop Awards before the show airs later tonight. DJ Mustard came away with a whopping three of the 18 awards, with Kendrick Lamar, Drake and YG/Jeezy/Rich Homie Quan all snagging two each.
Not a lot of people can captivate their listeners in the realm of R&B anymore. Do you remember when Mary J. Blige soulfully wowed us on Jay Z’s “Can’t Knock The Hustle”?
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support1,293 Views21 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists10,788 Views106 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company12,627 Views42 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"7,993 Views29 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac7,054 Views69 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work20,267 Views77 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles2,589 Views19 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single3,214 Views12 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?6,350 Views34 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,020 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,432 Views25 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views19,108 Views141 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop13,436 Views76 Comments
- BeatKing Reveals "3 Weeks" Tracklist, Artwork & Release Date2,697 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- Paul Wall Plays "This Or That"1,643 Views