Things are looking better for Drake with each new release, which 'Hold On We're Going Home' has proven yet again. It's worthy addition to the impressive body of work Drake has been developing over the years. We're looking forward to hearing what's next.
Drake's highly anticipated new album Nothing Was The Same officially dropped today. Although the album is now available on iTunes and in stores, many people are already familiar with the body of work because it leaked ten days prior to dropping.
Since 2011, Drake and The Weeknd have dominated the thriving hip-hop/R&B scene in Toronto, though their relationship hasn't always been squeaky clean.
The intro to Drake's "Pound Cake"-- the closing track from Nothing Was The Same --featured a very prominent sample from a 1982 Jazz song, "Jimmy Smith Rap", performed by Jimmy Smith. The clip used in the song is not actually musical, but simply a spoken word
Drake Explains Why "Trophies" Didn't Make "NWTS," Says He'll Be Releasing It In Full Oct 30, 2013 at 10:17am
This past week Drake debuted the Hit-Boy produced record "Trophies" which didn't make his album Nothing Was The Same while he was at the Barclays Center in New York.
The last we heard a solo cut from Drizzy was back in June when he went from 0 to 100 real quick over an iconic instrumental from Boi-1da, 40, and Nineteen85.
Many people were wondering if Drake would be able to break the 1 million mark in sales with his new album Nothing Was The Same. The sales projections for the first week are in today, and it seems he's not quite there yet.
Drake's album is officially dropping tomorrow, September 24th. Nonetheless the early leak of Nothing Was The Same has given us all enough time to go through the album from start to finish, and properly digest all the lyrics, beats, and Drake-isms.
Drake Confirms Jhene Aiko Will Appear On "NWTS" [Update: Jhene Aiko Talks On Collabo, Drake Discredits Rumors] Aug 9, 2013 at 10:22am
Although Drake has remained tight-lipped about his upcoming album Nothing Was The Same, the rapper took to Twitter last night to confirm one artist that'll appear on the LP: rising singer Jhene Aiko.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
After the generous rollout for Nothing Was The Same, which gave us a great deal of free material, we were fairly sure (and perfectly happy with the fact) that the album leak would be the last of the new tracks we'd hear from Drake for a while.
Drake's official artwork for Nothing Was The Same caused quite a stir when it was revealed last week. The cover instantly spawned its share of memes, and had a lot of people talking about the meaning behind the striking images.
Drake recently revealed that his new album, Nothing Was The Same, was officially complete-- mixed & mastered and on it's way to you. As we await the release of it, Drizzy's been talking to MTV News about what to expect from the LP.
Drake recently sat down with Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi of CBC Radio for an hour-long discussion, touching on his background, musical identity, legacy, the songwriting process behind his new album Nothing Was The Same and much more.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
Nothing Was The Same is soon approaching, but we're still in the dark on many of the details of the project. NWTS's track titles and features have been kept pretty well under wraps, but in a new interview with Rolling Stone, Drake and 40 fill us in on the pro
Drake is the poster boy for VIBE's year-end Race Issue, his slightly menacing portrait framed by such tag lines as "Are You A Racist?", "Kevin Hart Has White Power", "Taming Rev. Al Sharpton" and "Ku Klux Klan In 2014".
Wu-Tang Clan Explain What Happened To Their Remix Of Drake's "Wu-Tang Forever" Oct 6, 2014 at 06:55pm
Last September, right around the time when Drake's acclaimed album Nothing Was The Same was dropping, Wu-Tang Clan's U-God announced that he and his crew had recorded a remix of Drizzy's track "Wu-Tang Forever." A year has passed, and we still have no sign
For some reason, BET decided to unveil the winners of 2014's Hip-Hop Awards before the show airs later tonight. DJ Mustard came away with a whopping three of the 18 awards, with Kendrick Lamar, Drake and YG/Jeezy/Rich Homie Quan all snagging two each.
Not a lot of people can captivate their listeners in the realm of R&B anymore. Do you remember when Mary J. Blige soulfully wowed us on Jay Z’s “Can’t Knock The Hustle”?
Drake hosted and performed on the first Saturday Night Live episode of 2014 tonight, impersonating Lil Wayne, Jay Z and A-Rod and performing "Started From The Bottom" and "Trophies". How'd he do?
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs10,748 Views30 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,162 Views16 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers14,388 Views33 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit20,457 Views43 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,689 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,352 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign16,104 Views41 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK9,629 Views29 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,570 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"15,265 Views49 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,182 Views77 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show7,777 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,648 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More11,835 Views56 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album4,687 Views9 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex429 Views
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video2,685 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video9,171 Views