The last we heard a solo cut from Drizzy was back in June when he went from 0 to 100 real quick over an iconic instrumental from Boi-1da, 40, and Nineteen85.
For some reason, BET decided to unveil the winners of 2014's Hip-Hop Awards before the show airs later tonight. DJ Mustard came away with a whopping three of the 18 awards, with Kendrick Lamar, Drake and YG/Jeezy/Rich Homie Quan all snagging two each.
Wu-Tang Clan Explain What Happened To Their Remix Of Drake's "Wu-Tang Forever" Oct 6, 2014 at 06:55pm
Last September, right around the time when Drake's acclaimed album Nothing Was The Same was dropping, Wu-Tang Clan's U-God announced that he and his crew had recorded a remix of Drizzy's track "Wu-Tang Forever." A year has passed, and we still have no sign
"I'm chillin' at the studio / These bitches wanna fuck on the banana boat / I'm on the outskirts chasin' out the green / Smokin' orange green, feelin' like a cantaloupe." -Young Thug
The intro to Drake's "Pound Cake"-- the closing track from Nothing Was The Same --featured a very prominent sample from a 1982 Jazz song, "Jimmy Smith Rap", performed by Jimmy Smith. The clip used in the song is not actually musical, but simply a spoken word
Drake hosted and performed on the first Saturday Night Live episode of 2014 tonight, impersonating Lil Wayne, Jay Z and A-Rod and performing "Started From The Bottom" and "Trophies". How'd he do?
Drake both hosted and appeared as a musical guest on tonight's episode of Saturday Night Live, the first of 2014. Other than impersonating A-Rod, Jay Z and Lil Wayne, he performed "Hold On, We're Going Home" and "From Time" with Jhene Aiko.
Drake is the poster boy for VIBE's year-end Race Issue, his slightly menacing portrait framed by such tag lines as "Are You A Racist?", "Kevin Hart Has White Power", "Taming Rev. Al Sharpton" and "Ku Klux Klan In 2014".
Drake has had a very successful year between his platinum-selling Nothing Was The Same, the well-attended "Would You Like A Tour?," and his recent Nike deal.
Bump WORSE (Worst Behavior Remix) , the latest cut from Busdriver. It dropped on Monday, November 25th, 2013. Busdriver's horizons are broadening with each new release, and WORSE (Worst Behavior Remix) is no exception.
During the New Orleans stop of his "Would You Like A Tour?" tour, Drake previewed the upcoming visual for "Worst Behavior", which was shot by Director X in New Orleans and includes cameos from Drake's father Dennis Graham, Project Pat, Juicy J and more.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
Drake Explains Why "Trophies" Didn't Make "NWTS," Says He'll Be Releasing It In Full Oct 30, 2013 at 10:17am
This past week Drake debuted the Hit-Boy produced record "Trophies" which didn't make his album Nothing Was The Same while he was at the Barclays Center in New York.
Drake recently sat down with Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi of CBC Radio for an hour-long discussion, touching on his background, musical identity, legacy, the songwriting process behind his new album Nothing Was The Same and much more.
OVO Oliver previews a snippet of "Heat Of The Moment", a track cut from "Nothing Was The Same".Check out OVO Oliver Previews Drake's "Heat Of The Moment" (NWTS B-Side), the latest video from Drake, released on Thursday, October 17th, 2013.
Drake sits down with a fellow Canadian, Jian Ghomeshi, for an hour-long interview, where they discuss the new album "Nothing Was The Same," Drizzy's home of Toronto, what he wants to achieve with his music and what kind of legacy he's hoping to leave behind.B
Shortly before the release of his new album "Nothing Was The Same", Drake connected with DJ Franzen and organized a private party in the Hardwood Suite at the Palms in Las Vegas. Peep Drake Feat.
Drake's Nothing Was The Same has met expectations, and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts this week. The album has sold 658,179 units, which is just slightly more than Drizzy's last project, Take Care, moved in its first week.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
- Steph Curry Destroyed Chris Paul Last Night And Twitter Went Crazy0 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March715 Views3 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 2,340 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?10,215 Views43 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title18,720 Views57 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt10,710 Views27 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 5,036 Views20 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More14,289 Views34 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?10,945 Views24 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots3,060 Views16 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"13,407 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA939 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco3,382 Views12 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet500 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin10,210 Views38 Comments