Well, we didn't really see this one coming, but it's all the more dope because of it! Common is working on his new album which is centered about the violence in Chicago, titled Nobody's Smiling, and he's already dropped one leak off it, "War."
Common teased us about this collaboration with rising rapper from Long Beach, California, Vince Staples, the other day with the release of a video trailer. Today Com returns with the full record, which is the third release thus far off the G.O.O.D.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
While Hardknock TV are mostly known for putting together some dope and in-depth interviews with your favorite rappers and producers, they also (some times) get those rappers to freestyle off the cuff. Maryland native Logic is a recent example of that.
We had the chance to chop it up with Logic while he was on DJ Skee's Skee Live TV show, and the Maryland native talked to us about being a rapper from the DMV, having a white mother and a black father, as well as his debut album-- which he says he's working on
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Give Congratulations (Prod. By No I.D.) a listen - it's a new offering from Cocaine 80s, featuring Common, James Fauntleroy. It was dropped on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
VladTV recently caught up with rising Chicago emcee Lil Herb to discuss his upcoming project, "Welcome To Fazoland", which will feature production from Don Cannon, No I.D., Zaytoven and Young Chop. Let us know what you think, folks.
- Jay Rock's "90059" Dropping Tonight?10,302 Views93 Comments
- Casey Veggies Reveals Tracklist For "Live & Grow"4,809 Views16 Comments
- #TBT: Swizz Beatz-Produced Bangers3,452 Views19 Comments
- Rihanna Models For Dior Magazine3,775 Views18 Comments
- Lil Herb Signs Deal With Cinematic Music Group11,946 Views28 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals "Black Dollar" Tracklist20,124 Views54 Comments
- 10 Times Rappers Were Banned From Countries6,997 Views15 Comments
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension3,106 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around11,816 Views39 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date4,066 Views20 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"7,983 Views23 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"9,875 Views49 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival5,127 Views25 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport8,892 Views0 Comments