Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Common teased us about this collaboration with rising rapper from Long Beach, California, Vince Staples, the other day with the release of a video trailer. Today Com returns with the full record, which is the third release thus far off the G.O.O.D.
While Hardknock TV are mostly known for putting together some dope and in-depth interviews with your favorite rappers and producers, they also (some times) get those rappers to freestyle off the cuff. Maryland native Logic is a recent example of that.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
Well, we didn't really see this one coming, but it's all the more dope because of it! Common is working on his new album which is centered about the violence in Chicago, titled Nobody's Smiling, and he's already dropped one leak off it, "War."
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
We had the chance to chop it up with Logic while he was on DJ Skee's Skee Live TV show, and the Maryland native talked to us about being a rapper from the DMV, having a white mother and a black father, as well as his debut album-- which he says he's working on
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
VladTV recently caught up with rising Chicago emcee Lil Herb to discuss his upcoming project, "Welcome To Fazoland", which will feature production from Don Cannon, No I.D., Zaytoven and Young Chop. Let us know what you think, folks.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Give Congratulations (Prod. By No I.D.) a listen - it's a new offering from Cocaine 80s, featuring Common, James Fauntleroy. It was dropped on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.
- Young Thug Heckled & Booed At Show In Louisiana6,073 Views32 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"1,570 Views9 Comments
- Tyga Got A Kylie Jenner Tattoo17,439 Views47 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Tour Bus Shot At In Atlanta15,765 Views54 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth8,726 Views31 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 257,646 Views18 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault10,346 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 8,394 Views39 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram6,807 Views17 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"2,244 Views13 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight22,138 Views24 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"18,969 Views80 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather34,747 Views31 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date61,554 Views81 Comments
You may also like...
- Vursatyl "Bring It To A Halt" Video216 Views
- Sav Sire "SOHO" Video (Heatseekers)638 Views
- Dizzy Wright On Ebro In The Morning1,771 Views