Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Common teased us about this collaboration with rising rapper from Long Beach, California, Vince Staples, the other day with the release of a video trailer. Today Com returns with the full record, which is the third release thus far off the G.O.O.D.
While Hardknock TV are mostly known for putting together some dope and in-depth interviews with your favorite rappers and producers, they also (some times) get those rappers to freestyle off the cuff. Maryland native Logic is a recent example of that.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
Well, we didn't really see this one coming, but it's all the more dope because of it! Common is working on his new album which is centered about the violence in Chicago, titled Nobody's Smiling, and he's already dropped one leak off it, "War."
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
We had the chance to chop it up with Logic while he was on DJ Skee's Skee Live TV show, and the Maryland native talked to us about being a rapper from the DMV, having a white mother and a black father, as well as his debut album-- which he says he's working on
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
VladTV recently caught up with rising Chicago emcee Lil Herb to discuss his upcoming project, "Welcome To Fazoland", which will feature production from Don Cannon, No I.D., Zaytoven and Young Chop. Let us know what you think, folks.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Give Congratulations (Prod. By No I.D.) a listen - it's a new offering from Cocaine 80s, featuring Common, James Fauntleroy. It was dropped on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter6,027 Views21 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 293,778 Views50 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account18,349 Views51 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville42,285 Views53 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA13,424 Views27 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)4,613 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"25,676 Views117 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,993 Views12 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest36,536 Views36 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days15,915 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,602 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,599 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,425 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,795 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,316 Views5 Comments