Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Common teased us about this collaboration with rising rapper from Long Beach, California, Vince Staples, the other day with the release of a video trailer. Today Com returns with the full record, which is the third release thus far off the G.O.O.D.
While Hardknock TV are mostly known for putting together some dope and in-depth interviews with your favorite rappers and producers, they also (some times) get those rappers to freestyle off the cuff. Maryland native Logic is a recent example of that.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
Well, we didn't really see this one coming, but it's all the more dope because of it! Common is working on his new album which is centered about the violence in Chicago, titled Nobody's Smiling, and he's already dropped one leak off it, "War."
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
We had the chance to chop it up with Logic while he was on DJ Skee's Skee Live TV show, and the Maryland native talked to us about being a rapper from the DMV, having a white mother and a black father, as well as his debut album-- which he says he's working on
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
VladTV recently caught up with rising Chicago emcee Lil Herb to discuss his upcoming project, "Welcome To Fazoland", which will feature production from Don Cannon, No I.D., Zaytoven and Young Chop. Let us know what you think, folks.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Give Congratulations (Prod. By No I.D.) a listen - it's a new offering from Cocaine 80s, featuring Common, James Fauntleroy. It was dropped on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"2,443 Views14 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram45,613 Views255 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B8,482 Views37 Comments
- Meek Mill Goes At Hot 97's TT Torrez On IG55,589 Views112 Comments
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked55,715 Views59 Comments
- Mac Miller's 3rd Studio Album Is Done23,120 Views88 Comments
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend3,725 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks17,485 Views47 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"4,528 Views15 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"5,191 Views55 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era7,182 Views24 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 8,489 Views40 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack10,042 Views24 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company5,314 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once6,948 Views16 Comments