Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
Common teased us about this collaboration with rising rapper from Long Beach, California, Vince Staples, the other day with the release of a video trailer. Today Com returns with the full record, which is the third release thus far off the G.O.O.D.
While Hardknock TV are mostly known for putting together some dope and in-depth interviews with your favorite rappers and producers, they also (some times) get those rappers to freestyle off the cuff. Maryland native Logic is a recent example of that.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
Well, we didn't really see this one coming, but it's all the more dope because of it! Common is working on his new album which is centered about the violence in Chicago, titled Nobody's Smiling, and he's already dropped one leak off it, "War."
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
We had the chance to chop it up with Logic while he was on DJ Skee's Skee Live TV show, and the Maryland native talked to us about being a rapper from the DMV, having a white mother and a black father, as well as his debut album-- which he says he's working on
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
VladTV recently caught up with rising Chicago emcee Lil Herb to discuss his upcoming project, "Welcome To Fazoland", which will feature production from Don Cannon, No I.D., Zaytoven and Young Chop. Let us know what you think, folks.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Give Congratulations (Prod. By No I.D.) a listen - it's a new offering from Cocaine 80s, featuring Common, James Fauntleroy. It was dropped on Saturday, April 13th, 2013.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,137 Views13 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity5,287 Views41 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend8,979 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,321 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2312,445 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,035 Views13 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,036 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs119,765 Views198 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,466 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,581 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,031 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,511 Views68 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,495 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,584 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,313 Views1 Comment
You may also like...