New York-based rapper and performance artist Mykki Blanco shared some troubling news with fans this weekend, revealing not only that he is living with HIV, but that he has been HIV-positive for a number of years."Ive been HIV Positive since 2011, my entir
Boosie Badazz' long overdue debut in New York was not the triumph it should've been, but he did everything he could to make it work anyway.
The last two days have seen protests in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray, a young black man who died while in the custody of police officers earlier in the month.
The first time I ever heard Fab was when I was 12. I heard “Can’t Deny It” and realized that he was beyond nice. You see, Fabolous is a gladiator. You can throw him in the octagon and he’ll walk out unscathed.
What are your plans for 4/20? If you haven't figured that out yet, you should probably try and win a pair of free tickets to Kid Ink's Irving Plaza show on every weed smoker's favorite holiday.
As a kid, you may remember finding a cheap toy at the bottom of your cereal box. At the time, you were thrilled to pull a plastic car out of your Cheerios, but as an adult, the standards for excitement are a little higher.
DJ Khaled has a documented affinity for an over-the-top lifestyle. From his music videos to his vlogs, he loves to show off just how well he's living, whether it's foreign cars, lavish mansions, or diamond-heavy jewelry.
Lil Durk is currently prepping his anticipated debut album, Remember My Name, as well as the third instalment in his Signed To The Streets mixtape series.
Cannibal Ox released their debut album, The Cold Vein, in 2001, which quickly gained critical praise, and later became one of the most celebrated rap albums of the decade.
Welp, Hot 97 just lost another one of their veteran radio personalities to a competing hip-hop/r'n'b station in New York.
J. Cole showed support following the death of Ferguson resident Mike Brown at the hands of police officer Darren Wilson. Now he's doing the same in light of the grand jury decision to not indict a NY police officer who choked Eric Garner to death.
If you're live in New York, you probably avoid Times Square at all costs, but tonight may be an exception. The World AIDS Day concert is taking place, and a few big names are showing up to raise awareness -- including none other than Kanye West.
In 1981, three Queens, New Yorkers got together to unknowingly change the course of music history. RUN-DMC is inarguably one of the greatest music groups of all time, and most definitely in the upper echelon of contributors to the hip-hop culture.
Eric B. & Rakim had a short 7 years and 4 albums of pure influence before disbanding in 1993. Widely regarded as one of the best duos in rap history, the two didn't release many songs that your favorite rapper didn't like.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
As a teenager, Ro Ransom went by the moniker Nero. Although his talent for rhyming was evident even back then, it's hard to know who exactly you are or who you will become when you're just a 15 or 16-year old kid. You're not legally an adult.
Nicki Minaj took to Twitter yesterday to let her followers know that her former high school, the famed LaGuardia High School in New York's Upper Westside, turned down Nicki's proposal to speak to the students.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
Logic is currently on the road for his "While You Wait" tour with fellow Visionary signee QuESt. The tour is intended to keep fans satisfied while they wait on Logic's debut album, due out via Def Jam later this year.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"4,349 Views12 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast2,785 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon4,176 Views15 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour4,887 Views21 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1206 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance15,883 Views85 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"13,733 Views176 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance14,734 Views33 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm17,497 Views171 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest972 Views6 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 10,074 Views27 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,086 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”31,130 Views147 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail34,494 Views93 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder25,978 Views71 Comments
You may also like...