New York City is the birthplace of hip hop. Well, the Bronx is, to be even more specific. Since its inception in the 1970s, hip hop has spread all over the world to become a dominating genre of music.
After responding to a Ghostface Killah comparison by saying "he's not rapping like this no more,” Action Bronson ate his words yesterday following a much-discussed video response from Tony Starks himself.
Earlier today we got to hear Your Old Droog's new EP, The Nicest, and if you were digging that, you now have a chance to win tickets to see the New York MC perform live.
New York-based rapper and performance artist Mykki Blanco shared some troubling news with fans this weekend, revealing not only that he is living with HIV, but that he has been HIV-positive for a number of years."Ive been HIV Positive since 2011, my entir
Boosie Badazz' long overdue debut in New York was not the triumph it should've been, but he did everything he could to make it work anyway.
The last two days have seen protests in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray, a young black man who died while in the custody of police officers earlier in the month.
The first time I ever heard Fab was when I was 12. I heard “Can’t Deny It” and realized that he was beyond nice. You see, Fabolous is a gladiator. You can throw him in the octagon and he’ll walk out unscathed.
What are your plans for 4/20? If you haven't figured that out yet, you should probably try and win a pair of free tickets to Kid Ink's Irving Plaza show on every weed smoker's favorite holiday.
As a kid, you may remember finding a cheap toy at the bottom of your cereal box. At the time, you were thrilled to pull a plastic car out of your Cheerios, but as an adult, the standards for excitement are a little higher.
DJ Khaled has a documented affinity for an over-the-top lifestyle. From his music videos to his vlogs, he loves to show off just how well he's living, whether it's foreign cars, lavish mansions, or diamond-heavy jewelry.
Lil Durk is currently prepping his anticipated debut album, Remember My Name, as well as the third instalment in his Signed To The Streets mixtape series.
Cannibal Ox released their debut album, The Cold Vein, in 2001, which quickly gained critical praise, and later became one of the most celebrated rap albums of the decade.
Welp, Hot 97 just lost another one of their veteran radio personalities to a competing hip-hop/r'n'b station in New York.
J. Cole showed support following the death of Ferguson resident Mike Brown at the hands of police officer Darren Wilson. Now he's doing the same in light of the grand jury decision to not indict a NY police officer who choked Eric Garner to death.
If you're live in New York, you probably avoid Times Square at all costs, but tonight may be an exception. The World AIDS Day concert is taking place, and a few big names are showing up to raise awareness -- including none other than Kanye West.
In 1981, three Queens, New Yorkers got together to unknowingly change the course of music history. RUN-DMC is inarguably one of the greatest music groups of all time, and most definitely in the upper echelon of contributors to the hip-hop culture.
Eric B. & Rakim had a short 7 years and 4 albums of pure influence before disbanding in 1993. Widely regarded as one of the best duos in rap history, the two didn't release many songs that your favorite rapper didn't like.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
As a teenager, Ro Ransom went by the moniker Nero. Although his talent for rhyming was evident even back then, it's hard to know who exactly you are or who you will become when you're just a 15 or 16-year old kid. You're not legally an adult.
Nicki Minaj took to Twitter yesterday to let her followers know that her former high school, the famed LaGuardia High School in New York's Upper Westside, turned down Nicki's proposal to speak to the students.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"0 Views0 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest4,851 Views9 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days4,288 Views31 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest12,327 Views55 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal17,667 Views48 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"7,622 Views24 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"25,096 Views78 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,842 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date52,905 Views202 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,329 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test5,264 Views22 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"5,851 Views19 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness13,274 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed11,712 Views46 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party13,050 Views49 Comments
You may also like...