Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly inspired a strong response from fans, and the overwhelming excitement about the album was on full display at the rapper's signings in new York and L.A. this week.
DJ Khaled has a documented affinity for an over-the-top lifestyle. From his music videos to his vlogs, he loves to show off just how well he's living, whether it's foreign cars, lavish mansions, or diamond-heavy jewelry.
Lil Durk is currently prepping his anticipated debut album, Remember My Name, as well as the third instalment in his Signed To The Streets mixtape series.
Cannibal Ox released their debut album, The Cold Vein, in 2001, which quickly gained critical praise, and later became one of the most celebrated rap albums of the decade.
Welp, Hot 97 just lost another one of their veteran radio personalities to a competing hip-hop/r'n'b station in New York.
J. Cole showed support following the death of Ferguson resident Mike Brown at the hands of police officer Darren Wilson. Now he's doing the same in light of the grand jury decision to not indict a NY police officer who choked Eric Garner to death.
If you're live in New York, you probably avoid Times Square at all costs, but tonight may be an exception. The World AIDS Day concert is taking place, and a few big names are showing up to raise awareness -- including none other than Kanye West.
In 1981, three Queens, New Yorkers got together to unknowingly change the course of music history. RUN-DMC is inarguably one of the greatest music groups of all time, and most definitely in the upper echelon of contributors to the hip-hop culture.
Eric B. & Rakim had a short 7 years and 4 albums of pure influence before disbanding in 1993. Widely regarded as one of the best duos in rap history, the two didn't release many songs that your favorite rapper didn't like.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
As a teenager, Ro Ransom went by the moniker Nero. Although his talent for rhyming was evident even back then, it's hard to know who exactly you are or who you will become when you're just a 15 or 16-year old kid. You're not legally an adult.
Nicki Minaj took to Twitter yesterday to let her followers know that her former high school, the famed LaGuardia High School in New York's Upper Westside, turned down Nicki's proposal to speak to the students.
In case you're living under a rock and missed the story, Suge Knight caught a few strays the other night at a VMA pre-party. This raises a few burning questions that need to be answered. First, who's still inviting Suge Knight to these parties?
For this week's edition of Word On The Street, Nicki Minaj is once again the theme as she dropped her "Anaconda" music video earlier this week, which went on to break a VEVO record for the most amount of views in a 24-hour period.
It doesn't come as a surprise to know that the future of New York hip-hop looks extremely bright. Once the birthplace of rap, the city still harbors some of the best talent in the genre.
Last week we hit these New York streets to find out if anyone knows what Young Thug is rapping (nope). This week we return to find out how New York (aka hip-hop's birthing place) feels about a Canadian (aka Drake) running the rap game at the moment.
Logic is currently on the road for his "While You Wait" tour with fellow Visionary signee QuESt. The tour is intended to keep fans satisfied while they wait on Logic's debut album, due out via Def Jam later this year.
Dame Dash continues to flourish outside of the hip-hopsphere, after opening his own gallery Dusko Poppington last year, this year's he got another new venture on his plate, setting his sights on the restaurant business.
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft1,718 Views6 Comments
- How To Tell If Your Yeezy Boosts Are Fake756 Views0 Comments
- Stream Wale's New Album "The Album About Nothing"8,302 Views57 Comments
- Stream Ludacris' New Album "Ludaversal"3,155 Views23 Comments
- Jay Z Wants TIDAL To "Extend The Album Cycle" & Restore "Fair Trade" In Music17,295 Views33 Comments
- Top 5 "Shook Ones" Freestyles16,903 Views58 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole & More Announced As Owners Of TIDAL36,999 Views67 Comments
- Lil Wayne To Release "Free Weezy Album" In April?20,488 Views82 Comments
- Kevin Durant Lists His Top-10 NBA Players, Speaks On His 'Rap Career' + More3,166 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks6,548 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade2,138 Views23 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date4,341 Views23 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs5,648 Views16 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram35,172 Views70 Comments
You may also like...
- Watch Jay Z's TIDAL Launch Announcement Live6,281 Views