Rick Rock has been putting on for the Bay since the early 90s, and with the classic sound experiencing a resurgence with the emergence of DJ Mustard, HBK Gang, and the like, he's showing he can throw down just as well as the young dudes.
Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo & Youth was Lupe Fiasco's best album in years, matching strong production and skillful wordplay with potent social commentary. His videos have done similarly well in matching the political with the artful.
Bobby Brackins could've had a successful career in songwriting, as we've already seen him in the credits of hits like Chris Brown's "Loyal" and Tinashe's "2 On," but recently he's been holding his songs a little closer, keeping hits for his own use rather than
Save Money crew's Towkio teamed up with labelmate Donnie Trumpet for "Free Your Mind" at the end of February, and after hitting us with the '80s and horn-laced audio, Towkio follows up with that '80s influence all over the official music video.
Lil Herb and Lil Bibby's "Kill Shit" was the record that first put them on, with a Herb line being quoted by Drake on Twitter, and the rapper later interpolating the track on Nicki Minaj's "Chi-Raq".
RiFF RAFF teased his used car salesman character in the teaser for "Choppin' Blades," but we hadn't seen anything yet.
A$AP Ferg and YG may rep different coasts, but they make a pretty phenomenal team, linking for a U.S. tour late last year. "This Side" finds them putting on for their respective regions, but unlike in the 90s, it's all love between the two sides of the map.
DJ Paul and the gang have proved that they haven't lost their knack for the demonically catchy, taking their signature sound to logically modern directions while always remaining faithful to their day 1 M.O.
Future has been going back to his Monster mixtape for his last few videos, but today he's decided to start pulling from the considerably brighter companion piece, Beast Mode. "Just Like Bruddas" was a highlight from the project, briefly addressing Fewtch's br
RiFF RAFF has proved himself as someone who is capable of far more than just rapping.
Rich The Kid released his Rich Than Famous mixtape at the close of 2014, but he's still got some records from the project circulating. "Dropping A 100", a record that didn't make the cut, but was released shortly before is one of them.
O.T. Genasis' career has been launched quite successfully thanks to "CoCo," so now Busta Rhymes is putting his focus on another Conglomerate artist, J Doe. The rapper cooked up the perfect anthem for not giving any fucks, which seems to be a trend these days.
QuESt has put his focus back on Searching Sylvan recently, with the release of a music video for "Erase Me." He's returned today with yet another visual off the project, once again calling upon director Cristian Bernal to be behind the lense.
After releasing a new single, "Do Something," as part of the upcoming Dipset reunion project (the title of which has yet to be confirmed), the group goes back to their first single "Have My Money" today with an official music video.
"10 Bands" was among the strongest records on Drake's new opus, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, and it seems it may also be the freestyle record of choice.
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God1,710 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape6,598 Views44 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album18,927 Views134 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon9,814 Views47 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again5,800 Views26 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations6,057 Views15 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,407 Views27 Comments
- PayPal Ordered To Re-Pay $15 Million For Scamming Customers8,585 Views0 Comments
- Flavor Flav Arrested On DUI & Possession Charges11,685 Views29 Comments
- Biggie Tracks To Commemorate His 43rd Birthday4,219 Views18 Comments
- Is Meek Mill Dropping A Mixtape Next Month?23,148 Views45 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A"41,270 Views188 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Dizzy Wright (May/June)3,148 Views6 Comments
- 2014-15 All-NBA Teams Announced1,966 Views0 Comments
- New Drake & Beyonce Collaboration "Can I" Leaks Online37,850 Views70 Comments