To coincide with the release of his brand new album Have A Nice Life, Strange Music’s Murs decides to come through and share the official video to the project’s outro “I Miss Mikey”.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Murs will be releasing his debut album for Tech N9ne's technical rap-fueled label, Strange Music, in less than two months time, and he's looking to provide some versatility to the cypher-like roster.
Balance links up with Strange Music's MURS for "Blue Valentine." Produced by Noah Ayala, this smooth new single is Balance's first feature to hit our front page since February's "Stroke," which was warmly received by our readership when it first debuted.
Boaz has been doing a lot lately. The Rostrum Records signee recently delivered two instalments in his Real Name, No Gimmicks mixtape series, (Volume 1 and Volume 2), and at the same time, he's been working on his debut album Intuition.
Murs has remained underground for years but continues to make moves in that sphere. Recently we learned the rapper had signed to Tech N9ne's Strange Music label, following which, the West Coast MC revealed he had a joint project coming up with MayDay!
In light of MURS' recent signing to "Strange Music," which many saw as a "strange" acquisition, the trio provide a freestyle on "Sway In The Morning," per tradition. A strange addition, but a pleasant one as many have noted.
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
This past week we did receive quite a few massive hip-hop records, including a new banger from the Young Money crew, a massive remix of YG's "My Nigga," and a stand-out ScHoolboy Q record "Break The Bank," among other Very Hotttt releases.
- Sony Will Not Pull Beyonce's Music From TIDAL992 Views9 Comments
- Review: Dizzy Wright's "The Growing Process"3,003 Views30 Comments
- Earl Sweatshirt Confirms "The Obvious": Odd Future Is No More13,976 Views29 Comments
- Vince Staples Shares "Summertime '06" Artwork3,680 Views19 Comments
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism10,505 Views45 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same36,909 Views89 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)7,087 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song22,378 Views44 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed4,557 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour19,540 Views77 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter11,749 Views51 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's29,828 Views59 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks3,272 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal13,558 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,955 Views2 Comments
You may also like...
- Sino "Slappin" Video (Heatseekers)215 Views
- 50 Cent Shares His Thoughts On Tidal6,247 Views
- Cory Gunz "Shut Em Down" Video1,356 Views