To coincide with the release of his brand new album Have A Nice Life, Strange Music’s Murs decides to come through and share the official video to the project’s outro “I Miss Mikey”.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Murs will be releasing his debut album for Tech N9ne's technical rap-fueled label, Strange Music, in less than two months time, and he's looking to provide some versatility to the cypher-like roster.
Balance links up with Strange Music's MURS for "Blue Valentine." Produced by Noah Ayala, this smooth new single is Balance's first feature to hit our front page since February's "Stroke," which was warmly received by our readership when it first debuted.
Boaz has been doing a lot lately. The Rostrum Records signee recently delivered two instalments in his Real Name, No Gimmicks mixtape series, (Volume 1 and Volume 2), and at the same time, he's been working on his debut album Intuition.
Murs has remained underground for years but continues to make moves in that sphere. Recently we learned the rapper had signed to Tech N9ne's Strange Music label, following which, the West Coast MC revealed he had a joint project coming up with MayDay!
In light of MURS' recent signing to "Strange Music," which many saw as a "strange" acquisition, the trio provide a freestyle on "Sway In The Morning," per tradition. A strange addition, but a pleasant one as many have noted.
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
This past week we did receive quite a few massive hip-hop records, including a new banger from the Young Money crew, a massive remix of YG's "My Nigga," and a stand-out ScHoolboy Q record "Break The Bank," among other Very Hotttt releases.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th7,182 Views18 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"5,201 Views16 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show6,268 Views18 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,224 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday6,939 Views26 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month8,494 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show18,933 Views30 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,452 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj61,821 Views235 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal141,994 Views812 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"76,417 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"64,509 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,215 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,978 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"48,840 Views166 Comments