To coincide with the release of his brand new album Have A Nice Life, Strange Music’s Murs decides to come through and share the official video to the project’s outro “I Miss Mikey”.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Murs will be releasing his debut album for Tech N9ne's technical rap-fueled label, Strange Music, in less than two months time, and he's looking to provide some versatility to the cypher-like roster.
Balance links up with Strange Music's MURS for "Blue Valentine." Produced by Noah Ayala, this smooth new single is Balance's first feature to hit our front page since February's "Stroke," which was warmly received by our readership when it first debuted.
Boaz has been doing a lot lately. The Rostrum Records signee recently delivered two instalments in his Real Name, No Gimmicks mixtape series, (Volume 1 and Volume 2), and at the same time, he's been working on his debut album Intuition.
Murs has remained underground for years but continues to make moves in that sphere. Recently we learned the rapper had signed to Tech N9ne's Strange Music label, following which, the West Coast MC revealed he had a joint project coming up with MayDay!
In light of MURS' recent signing to "Strange Music," which many saw as a "strange" acquisition, the trio provide a freestyle on "Sway In The Morning," per tradition. A strange addition, but a pleasant one as many have noted.
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
This past week we did receive quite a few massive hip-hop records, including a new banger from the Young Money crew, a massive remix of YG's "My Nigga," and a stand-out ScHoolboy Q record "Break The Bank," among other Very Hotttt releases.
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"813 Views15 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals2,212 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour3,442 Views9 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"3,540 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop6,313 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"20,562 Views73 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With10,342 Views24 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family6,457 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged22,814 Views38 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"4,104 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden4,095 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes11,280 Views31 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,947 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"122,898 Views249 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"28,971 Views58 Comments