With the anticipated film about N.W.A, "Straight Outta Compton," hitting theatres on August 14th, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the actors who play them grace the cover of the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Recently we heard N.E.R.D reunite, finally, although the origin of the reunion was somewhat surprising: a SpongeBob SquarePants movie had called upon N.E.R.D to contribute to their soundtrack with "Squeeze Me."
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
YG's follow up to his acclaimed debut album, My Krazy Life (which is sure to make it's way on to many year-end lists), is a soundtrack for his short film "Blame It On The Streets."
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
Iggy Azalea is quickly becoming a mega success. The Australian-bred rapper has topped the charts with "Fancy" and her feature on Ariana Grande's "Problems", while her debut album The New Classic has been equally successful on the Billboard 200.
The N.W.A biopic film "Straight Outta Compton" is well on its way, after announcing several of the lead characters and a release date in mid-June, the film went on to start casting for other roles, some of which have raised a few eyebrows.
The actors who will portray Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and Eazy-E in the upcoming N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton, were revealed earlier this week, and now Dr. Dre has given us the official release date for the film.
- Stream Key!'s Surprise 3-Track EP "No One Is Ready 3" 111 Views2 Comments
- Meek Mill Trolls Fans On Twitter With Fake Drake Diss Record5,028 Views74 Comments
- Online Petition Started To Force Funkmaster Flex To Resign From Hot 979,519 Views48 Comments
- 50 Cent On Jay Z: "There's No L On His Record"18,550 Views68 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 20- July 266,596 Views12 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Says He's Banned From Australia 8,449 Views49 Comments
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown6,047 Views16 Comments
- 5 Dope Tracks From Episode 2 Of OVO Sound Radio20,288 Views24 Comments
- Danny Brown Weighs In On Meek Mill & Drake's Ghostwriting Controversy29,378 Views109 Comments
- Will Smith & Jay Z To Executive Produce HBO Mini-Series6,565 Views16 Comments
- Drake's OVO Air Jordans Rank As The Most Valuable Sneaker Of The Second Quarter3,567 Views0 Comments
- The 10 Best Diss Tracks Of The 2010s25,041 Views132 Comments
- Ice-T & Coco Are Expecting Their First Child Together5,612 Views21 Comments
- The Weeknd Speaks On "Beauty Behind The Madness" In NY Times Profile9,213 Views30 Comments
- Joe Jackson Has Reportedly Suffered A Stroke3,409 Views27 Comments