Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Recently we heard N.E.R.D reunite, finally, although the origin of the reunion was somewhat surprising: a SpongeBob SquarePants movie had called upon N.E.R.D to contribute to their soundtrack with "Squeeze Me."
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
YG's follow up to his acclaimed debut album, My Krazy Life (which is sure to make it's way on to many year-end lists), is a soundtrack for his short film "Blame It On The Streets."
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
Iggy Azalea is quickly becoming a mega success. The Australian-bred rapper has topped the charts with "Fancy" and her feature on Ariana Grande's "Problems", while her debut album The New Classic has been equally successful on the Billboard 200.
The N.W.A biopic film "Straight Outta Compton" is well on its way, after announcing several of the lead characters and a release date in mid-June, the film went on to start casting for other roles, some of which have raised a few eyebrows.
The actors who will portray Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and Eazy-E in the upcoming N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton, were revealed earlier this week, and now Dr. Dre has given us the official release date for the film.
50 Cent has some experience in film and television at this point. From his acting debut in Get Rich Or Die Tryin', to his executive production on new Starz crime drama, Power, Fif is finding his way into the film industry.
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs2 Views1 Comment
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine5,860 Views36 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)6,015 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL11,120 Views57 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape25,550 Views56 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them6,194 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans5,616 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,947 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack4,994 Views24 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death30,895 Views59 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God7,051 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape15,471 Views52 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album36,343 Views153 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon12,681 Views63 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,929 Views28 Comments