Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Recently we heard N.E.R.D reunite, finally, although the origin of the reunion was somewhat surprising: a SpongeBob SquarePants movie had called upon N.E.R.D to contribute to their soundtrack with "Squeeze Me."
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
YG's follow up to his acclaimed debut album, My Krazy Life (which is sure to make it's way on to many year-end lists), is a soundtrack for his short film "Blame It On The Streets."
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
Iggy Azalea is quickly becoming a mega success. The Australian-bred rapper has topped the charts with "Fancy" and her feature on Ariana Grande's "Problems", while her debut album The New Classic has been equally successful on the Billboard 200.
The N.W.A biopic film "Straight Outta Compton" is well on its way, after announcing several of the lead characters and a release date in mid-June, the film went on to start casting for other roles, some of which have raised a few eyebrows.
The actors who will portray Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and Eazy-E in the upcoming N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton, were revealed earlier this week, and now Dr. Dre has given us the official release date for the film.
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show2,398 Views10 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today2,728 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj38,185 Views195 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal105,730 Views673 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"68,177 Views142 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"55,724 Views74 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,903 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,652 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"41,235 Views164 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall4,068 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"10,952 Views68 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram30,520 Views67 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"3,249 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,720 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,641 Views18 Comments
You may also like...