The "Creed" movie, which stars Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, hits movie theatres in five days. The official soundtrack for the film arrives a few days prior to the movie premiere, with a stream available via Spotify today.
After inking himself with a portrait of drug lord Pablo Escobar, Rich Homie Quan has moved onto a fictional movie character, Edward Scissorhands.
Ahead of its December release, Spike Lee's "Chi-Raq" has already caused quite a bit of controversy, especially in Chicago -- the subject of the upcoming film.
Childish Gambino & Vince Staples Will Collaborate On Track Off "Creed" Soundtrack Nov 8, 2015 at 12:34am
Here's an unexpected collaboration: Childish Gambino, who hasn't released anything this year, will team with Summertime '06 rapper Vince Staples for a single off the soundtrack to the upcoming film "Creed."
A few days ago (Nov. 3), Spike Lee shared the trailer to "Chi-Raq," his upcoming film starring Samuel J. Jackson, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Wesley Snipes, Nick Cannon, and more.
After testing the waters with her role in 2012's film "Battleship," Rihanna will be making her return to the big screen as part of the sci-fi flick "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets."
Although Universal recently denied Daz Dillinger's claim that there would be a "sequel" to "Straight Outta Compton," which would focus on Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound and Tupac, it looks like there could be some truth to it yet.
By nearly quadrupling its budget in two weeks, "Straight Outta Compton" has demonstrated to studio execs that rap biopics can be extremely profitable, thus opening the door for movies about groups like the Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Run-DMC, & T
Straight Outta Compton set box office records last weekend, but its success is far from over. Variety reports that the acclaimed N.W.A. biopic is the highest grossing film of the week, putting it at the top of box office earnings once again.
Universal Denies Rumors Of Snoop Dogg & Tupac-centric Sequel To "Straight Outta Compton" Aug 22, 2015 at 09:51am
With the introduction of a few familiar faces in the film's final third, it seemed inevitable that Straight Outta Compton would spawn some sort of spin-off that followed the likes of Snoop Dogg and Tupac.
"Straight Outta Compton" had a strong opening day, garnering $24.2 million in ticket sales in 2,754 North American theaters. Thursday night screenings raked in an estimated $4.96 million alone.
Gucci Mane continues to make moves despite being incarcerated. He announced this week that he'll be releasing his first movie "The Spot" on October 17, otherwise known as Bricksquad Holiday, via iTunes and other digital retailers.
With the anticipated film about N.W.A, "Straight Outta Compton," hitting theatres on August 14th, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the actors who play them grace the cover of the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
- #TBT: Chris Brown's Smash Singles213 Views4 Comments
- Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings 2" Tracklist Revealed27,625 Views137 Comments
- Beyoncé Is Putting Out A Line Of Streetwear1,384 Views6 Comments
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For3,289 Views33 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night8,871 Views47 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt18,192 Views72 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"10,846 Views143 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"4,878 Views28 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th12,757 Views37 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20166,896 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"14,578 Views60 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption21,359 Views69 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together18,659 Views84 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist9,793 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Performs "Zero" On Jimmy Fallon7,500 Views
- Jamie Foxx "In Love By Now" Video1,731 Views
- Lil Wayne "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape Trailer39,714 Views