With the anticipated film about N.W.A, "Straight Outta Compton," hitting theatres on August 14th, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the actors who play them grace the cover of the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
TMZ used their usual waiting-outside-of-restaurant tactic to catch up with Jerry Heller the other night. In the short conversation with the former Eazy-E manager, Heller gives his stance on Suge Knight's recent legal troubles.
Common has been pretty good at balancing music and film over the last few years.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Recently we heard N.E.R.D reunite, finally, although the origin of the reunion was somewhat surprising: a SpongeBob SquarePants movie had called upon N.E.R.D to contribute to their soundtrack with "Squeeze Me."
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
YG's follow up to his acclaimed debut album, My Krazy Life (which is sure to make it's way on to many year-end lists), is a soundtrack for his short film "Blame It On The Streets."
YG's new short film, "Blame It On The Streets," which follows up his debut album My Krazy Life, debuted in L.A. on November 25th, and Karen Civil was on hand to capture moments from the evening.
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate21,597 Views120 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)4,428 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For1,480 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"27,643 Views107 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey3,749 Views23 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP1,939 Views5 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On38,024 Views193 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)5,219 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 85,199 Views343 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game2,396 Views0 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track "Wanna Know"64,312 Views236 Comments
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"11,853 Views27 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram98,929 Views360 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B12,749 Views49 Comments
- Meek Mill Goes At Hot 97's TT Torrez On IG73,142 Views124 Comments