Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
TMZ used their usual waiting-outside-of-restaurant tactic to catch up with Jerry Heller the other night. In the short conversation with the former Eazy-E manager, Heller gives his stance on Suge Knight's recent legal troubles.
Common has been pretty good at balancing music and film over the last few years.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Recently we heard N.E.R.D reunite, finally, although the origin of the reunion was somewhat surprising: a SpongeBob SquarePants movie had called upon N.E.R.D to contribute to their soundtrack with "Squeeze Me."
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
YG's follow up to his acclaimed debut album, My Krazy Life (which is sure to make it's way on to many year-end lists), is a soundtrack for his short film "Blame It On The Streets."
YG's new short film, "Blame It On The Streets," which follows up his debut album My Krazy Life, debuted in L.A. on November 25th, and Karen Civil was on hand to capture moments from the evening.
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC4,511 Views16 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James2,442 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"8,305 Views19 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done5,379 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay8,722 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 9,816 Views98 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It9,900 Views56 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop11,534 Views40 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour8,364 Views25 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today4,825 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2815,988 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K23,296 Views50 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"16,099 Views34 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music10,536 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol19,962 Views44 Comments