Although Universal recently denied Daz Dillinger's claim that there would be a "sequel" to "Straight Outta Compton," which would focus on Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound and Tupac, it looks like there could be some truth to it yet.
By nearly quadrupling its budget in two weeks, "Straight Outta Compton" has demonstrated to studio execs that rap biopics can be extremely profitable, thus opening the door for movies about groups like the Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Run-DMC, & T
Straight Outta Compton set box office records last weekend, but its success is far from over. Variety reports that the acclaimed N.W.A. biopic is the highest grossing film of the week, putting it at the top of box office earnings once again.
Universal Denies Rumors Of Snoop Dogg & Tupac-centric Sequel To "Straight Outta Compton" Aug 22, 2015 at 09:51am
With the introduction of a few familiar faces in the film's final third, it seemed inevitable that Straight Outta Compton would spawn some sort of spin-off that followed the likes of Snoop Dogg and Tupac.
"Straight Outta Compton" had a strong opening day, garnering $24.2 million in ticket sales in 2,754 North American theaters. Thursday night screenings raked in an estimated $4.96 million alone.
Gucci Mane continues to make moves despite being incarcerated. He announced this week that he'll be releasing his first movie "The Spot" on October 17, otherwise known as Bricksquad Holiday, via iTunes and other digital retailers.
With the anticipated film about N.W.A, "Straight Outta Compton," hitting theatres on August 14th, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the actors who play them grace the cover of the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Big Sean is being tapped for the upcoming film "Terminator Genisys," a continuation in the sci-fi series that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"DOPE" Soundtrack Features Nas, Digital Underground, A Tribe Called Quest & More Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23am
This summer we'll see A$AP Rocky make his acting debut in the film "DOPE," executive produced by Pharrell. Although Rocky's name has been used heavily in the promotion of the film, he said during his CRWN interview that his role is actually pretty small.
Straight Outta Compton, the long-awaited N.W.A. biopic is on its way, and while the focus is obviously on Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and the gang, Snoop Dogg will also be portrayed in the feature.
Rush Hour is something of a beloved franchise, so news of a new installment to the series is not something to joke about. A new billboard in L.A. has suggested that a new film may be on its way... or it's all an elaborate ruse.
TMZ used their usual waiting-outside-of-restaurant tactic to catch up with Jerry Heller the other night. In the short conversation with the former Eazy-E manager, Heller gives his stance on Suge Knight's recent legal troubles.
Common has been pretty good at balancing music and film over the last few years.
As an actor, Kanye West has made cameos in a number of films ("The Love Guru" and "Anchorman 2," to name a few), and starred in a few of his own, but he's never had that major of a role in someone else's movie.
Drake Distances Himself & OVO From "Homecoming" Film [Update: Drake Now Being Sued] Mar 18, 2015 at 09:49pm
Recently, news has been circulating of a Drake film called "Homecoming: The Lost Footage." A trailer surfaced for the film, which consists of footage from a 2009 concert at Toronto's Sound Academy, documenting a pre-Young Money Drizzy.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
While Cudi has seemingly been keeping a low profile from a public standpoint, it turns out he's been working hard on both acting and music in over the last year.
- Jay Rock's "90059" Dropping Tonight?10,563 Views94 Comments
- Casey Veggies Reveals Tracklist For "Live & Grow"4,969 Views16 Comments
- #TBT: Swizz Beatz-Produced Bangers3,505 Views19 Comments
- Rihanna Models For Dior Magazine3,815 Views18 Comments
- Lil Herb Signs Deal With Cinematic Music Group12,102 Views28 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals "Black Dollar" Tracklist20,276 Views54 Comments
- 10 Times Rappers Were Banned From Countries7,059 Views15 Comments
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension3,116 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around11,875 Views39 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date4,079 Views20 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"8,015 Views23 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"9,908 Views49 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival5,136 Views25 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport8,902 Views0 Comments