Mos Def Responds To Lupe Fiasco & King Los: "I’m Not Trying To Arrange Fights With Them” Aug 8, 2015 at 02:20pm
Fans of battle rapping, lyricism and all-around #BARS rejoiced yesterday when it looked like Lupe Fiasco and King Los were about to jump into the ring with Mos Def (AKA Yasiin Bey), who had issued a challenge to other rappers to battle him.
In July, Marvel began remixing our favorite album covers, and they've since kept it going, making good on their mission to place their superheroes and comic book characters into just about every piece of classic hip-hop cover art.
After his debut album, Live.Long.A$AP, ASAP Rocky went quiet for awhile-- music-wise, that is. In the interim between L.L.A. and A.L.L.A., Rocky rose atop the fashion world and romanced some very high-profile celebrities.
Yesterday, we learned that Kanye West would be making an appearance in the upcoming sequel to one of Ben Stiller's best-loved movies: "Zoolander." It won't be the first time Mr.
With Action Bronson pulling out of Montreal's Osheaga festival, Mos Def (who now goes by Yasiin Bey) was brought in to replace him.
In a recent interview with Beats By Dre, Yasiin Bey discussed his artistic journey and his difficulties accessing his "robust creativity" within the borders of the United States.
ASAP Rocky is huge in London. The Harlem rapper recorded his entire upcoming album, At.Long.Last.A$AP (which we might see in May), in the U.K. capital, and this past weekend, he took the stage at one of London's biggest clubs.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
A$AP Rocky's new album, A.L.L.A. is expected to be be released soon, and the rapper is sitting down for a live interview in London to discuss the project.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) spoke to Stop Being Famous regarding police brutality and racial injustice in the United States.
It's now been 17 years since Black Star, the duo of Mos Def, now known as Yasiin Bey, and Talib Kweli, released their one and only album, Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star.
During a recent show at Le Bataclan, Pairs, Mos Def brought out Kanye West out as a special guest. Yeezy took the opportunity to perform "Can't Tell Me Nothing" - he resisted the urge to rant. How do y'all feel about the collabo with Mos Def?
Black Milk has proved himself as one of the most consistent artists out of Detroit over the last few years, and he's looking to translate his lush sample work to the stage in a new way this year.
Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def, has never been shy to speak out about socio-political situations, even if they don't directly affect him.
In collaboration with director Asif Kapadia and Human Rights organization Reprieve, Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) volunteered to undergo the standard force-feeding procedure for Guantanamo Bay detainees to raise awareness of the 100 inmates currently holding a hung
Yasiin Bey aka Mos Def issues this PSA to raise awareness on how harmful the stop-and-frisk policy is to communities, and how New Yorkers are fighting for their rights in court.How does this compare to Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)'s previous work?Peep the new visual f
This week's unintentional theme for Underrated Audio seems to be dark and trippy tracks-- from Jarren Benton spitting craziness, Don Trip giving us mellowed out and dark bars, and the Flatbush Zombies delivering drug-addled rhymes, all bases were covere
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists1,120 Views18 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company7,581 Views35 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"4,734 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac5,099 Views59 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work15,030 Views71 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles2,122 Views18 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single2,863 Views12 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?5,560 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season2,766 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,200 Views24 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views17,339 Views132 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop12,409 Views75 Comments
- BeatKing Reveals "3 Weeks" Tracklist, Artwork & Release Date2,599 Views9 Comments
- Rihanna's New Album Title & Cover Art Revealed25,530 Views98 Comments
You may also like...
- Paul Wall Plays "This Or That"1,365 Views