Mos Def Responds To Lupe Fiasco & King Los: "I’m Not Trying To Arrange Fights With Them” Aug 8, 2015 at 02:20pm
Fans of battle rapping, lyricism and all-around #BARS rejoiced yesterday when it looked like Lupe Fiasco and King Los were about to jump into the ring with Mos Def (AKA Yasiin Bey), who had issued a challenge to other rappers to battle him.
After his debut album, Live.Long.A$AP, ASAP Rocky went quiet for awhile-- music-wise, that is. In the interim between L.L.A. and A.L.L.A., Rocky rose atop the fashion world and romanced some very high-profile celebrities.
Yesterday, we learned that Kanye West would be making an appearance in the upcoming sequel to one of Ben Stiller's best-loved movies: "Zoolander." It won't be the first time Mr.
In a recent interview with Beats By Dre, Yasiin Bey discussed his artistic journey and his difficulties accessing his "robust creativity" within the borders of the United States.
With Action Bronson pulling out of Montreal's Osheaga festival, Mos Def (who now goes by Yasiin Bey) was brought in to replace him.
ASAP Rocky is huge in London. The Harlem rapper recorded his entire upcoming album, At.Long.Last.A$AP (which we might see in May), in the U.K. capital, and this past weekend, he took the stage at one of London's biggest clubs.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
A$AP Rocky's new album, A.L.L.A. is expected to be be released soon, and the rapper is sitting down for a live interview in London to discuss the project.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) spoke to Stop Being Famous regarding police brutality and racial injustice in the United States.
During a recent show at Le Bataclan, Pairs, Mos Def brought out Kanye West out as a special guest. Yeezy took the opportunity to perform "Can't Tell Me Nothing" - he resisted the urge to rant. How do y'all feel about the collabo with Mos Def?
Black Milk has proved himself as one of the most consistent artists out of Detroit over the last few years, and he's looking to translate his lush sample work to the stage in a new way this year.
Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def, has never been shy to speak out about socio-political situations, even if they don't directly affect him.
In collaboration with director Asif Kapadia and Human Rights organization Reprieve, Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) volunteered to undergo the standard force-feeding procedure for Guantanamo Bay detainees to raise awareness of the 100 inmates currently holding a hung
Yasiin Bey aka Mos Def issues this PSA to raise awareness on how harmful the stop-and-frisk policy is to communities, and how New Yorkers are fighting for their rights in court.How does this compare to Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)'s previous work?Peep the new visual f
This week's unintentional theme for Underrated Audio seems to be dark and trippy tracks-- from Jarren Benton spitting craziness, Don Trip giving us mellowed out and dark bars, and the Flatbush Zombies delivering drug-addled rhymes, all bases were covere
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal7,999 Views43 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"4,116 Views15 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"15,565 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,319 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date36,827 Views191 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,366 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test3,719 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"4,184 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness9,035 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed8,611 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party8,961 Views43 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,624 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"5,302 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs8,553 Views27 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,308 Views14 Comments