MF DOOM is one of the most interesting figures in rap music. The metal-masked villain has remained prominent in the underground rap world for over 20 years now, and his unique brand of flavor is enjoyed by critics, MCs and fans alike.
Recently we got word that Harlem rap duo Cannibal Ox (Vast Aire and Vordul Mega) would be making a return to the game with the announcement of a new album. Blade of the Ronin will be their sophomore album, after dropping their debut back in 2001.
The other week we were treated to the first single from BADBADNOTGOOD and Ghostface Killah's upcoming collaborative album, Sour Soul, with "Ray Gun." If that wasn't enough, the cut also featured DOOM on it.
Your favorite super hero from the hood, Ghostface Killah, returns today with a new collaboration with musical collective BADBADNOTGOOD and MF DOOM.
During an interview with the New York Observer about the closing of the legendary D & D Studios, DJ Premier announced that MF Doom is set to be featured on a deluxe edition of PRhyme.
Bishop Nehru is one of the young guns coming up in the hip-hop world. With enough respect to have a collaboration project with MF Doom, a tour with Wu-Tang Clan and airtime on Hot 97, it's safe to say that he is in a position to blow up.
Fans of superhero (or supervillain)-inspired hip-hop, rejoice -- You may just get the genre's holy grail next year.
After delivering the serene, glossy track "Medication Meditation" with Krayzie Bone the other day, Flying Lotus decides to drop another track (albeit a very different-sounding one) from the new "Grand Theft Auto V" soundtrack.
It's no secret that hip-hop can stretch itself a bit thin as far as creativity is concerned. If artists were taxed every time they mentioned dollars, they'd all be broke. Fortunately, amongst the clones, several voices stand out from the crowd.
Bishop Nehru and MF Doom have collaborated on an entire album, the highly anticipated NehruvianDOOM. The album doesn't actually drop until October 6th, but leading up to the album release, Pitchfork has an exclusive stream of the LP.
Bishop Nehru is a relatively new rapper, but he's already been able to make an impact on the NY rap scene, since dropping his debut project Nehruvia in May of 2013.
Stones Throw Records is a label responsible for many classic albums from underground artists, including Madlib, MF DOOM and of course J Dilla. Founded in 1996, it's built a well-respected reputation of putting out high quality rap from oft-slept-on MCs.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
The inspiration rappers have drawn from comic book characters over the years is undeniable, whether it be superheroes, villains or relatively normal protagonists who happen to find themselves in extraordinary circumstances.
"BOOKHEAD" is the latest visual from JJ DOOM (Jneiro Jarel and DOOM), and is a collaboration with famed NYC street artist Steve "ESPO" Powers. Produced by You Need To Hear This, shot in London and directed by Powers.Can you appreciate the bars here?
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 2467 Views0 Comments
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers5,964 Views59 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church1,796 Views19 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms2,673 Views14 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow15,565 Views49 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City10,839 Views34 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds18,858 Views59 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support12,594 Views57 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show20,560 Views43 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"4,817 Views11 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed35,714 Views105 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer5,962 Views7 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark14,670 Views38 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"16,386 Views55 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece39,633 Views52 Comments