J. Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Debuts At Number One On The Billboard 200 Dec 16, 2014 at 04:55pm
Rick Ross, move over -- J. Cole just topped your first week sales record for 2014. Rozay's Mastermind moved 179,000 units in its first week back in March, but now his tally's been handily topped by that of Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive.
Releasing two full length albums in one year is a rare feat most rappers will never accomplish, but in a sense, it's really nothing new for Rick Ross, who yesterday released Hood Billionaire, his second solo album of the year.
Earlier today, Rick Ross announced a remix of his Mastermind track "Supreme," set to feature Big K.R.I.T., Mase and Fabolous. Now we've got the official version of the track, complete with another, updated spoken word intro (and outro) by Katt Williams.
Rick Ross just hit us with music videos for Mastermind tracks on back-to-back days. After releasing the "Supreme" visuals yesterday, the MMG bawse just unveiled a fresh clip for the French Montana-assisted "What A Shame."
Rick Ross and Scott Storch seem like the perfect team, but unfortunately the producer faded out just as Ross was coming into his own as a rapper. Luckily, the beatmaker has resurfaced, and was able to contribute a beat to Rozay's latest album, Mastermind.
Rick Ross interpolated a couple of classic hip hop cuts on his recent album, Mastermind, including Biggie's "You're Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)". The second of which is Souls Of Michief's "93 'Til Infinity", which "Thug Cry" borrows its beat from.
Rick Ross is excessive by nature, sometimes when it's not even necessary. To be fair, he was forced to be this way after the feud with 50 Cent and being outed as a correctional officer through those infamous photos.
Rick Ross' "Mafia Music III" Instrumental Was Originally Intended For Dr. Dre's "Detox" Mar 21, 2014 at 11:15am
Yesterday evening, Rick Ross sent out a revelatory tweet concerning a cut from his new album Mastermind: "'Mafia Music III' track was originally for Detox which @DrDre gave me for #Mastermind in a session."
Rick Ross had plenty of different test singles for Mastermind, but "the Devil Is A Lie" was the first to actually stick. Somehow it never got the video treatment until today, possibly because Jay Z was meant to appear in it.
Both Rick Ross' and Pharrell's new albums have been on the shelves for a week now, and so today we've received the first week sales for either LP.
Rick Ross Reveals Snoop Dogg As An Inspiration For "Mastermind," Talks Working With Kanye West Mar 7, 2014 at 05:15pm
Rick Ross swung by CRWN and conducted a lengthy conversation with the host, Elliot Wilson, their topics ranging from Mastermind to Kanye, and we learned a great deal about the Rozay and his music.
Along with recent interview for Power 105's the Breakfast Club, as well as an uninspired performance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, Rick Ross also paid a visit to MTV's RapFix Live as part of his Mastermind publicity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
Rick Ross Discusses Enlisting Mr. Brainwash For "Mastermind" Artwork, Beef With Jeezy Mar 4, 2014 at 03:46pm
With the successful release of Rick Ross' sixth studio album, Mastermind, (although, there was a shooting at his DeKalb County album release party, so that wasn't very successful) the rapper has kicked off some interview promotion.
In addition to bringing out Bad Boy French Montana to perform "Nobody" during the Mastermind concert release party, Rick Ross also tapped Busta Rhymes and veteran rap group The LOX to take the stage with him during the event.
- Taylor Swift Credits Jay Z For Helping Her Reconcile With Kanye West1,627 Views6 Comments
- The Weeknd Shares "Beauty Behind The Madness" Tracklist8,002 Views41 Comments
- Drake Debuts New 'OVO' Raptors Jersey And 'OVO' Air Jordan 8 2,076 Views0 Comments
- Two People Killed In Shooting At OVO Fest Afterparty9,734 Views47 Comments
- Where Is Frank Ocean? Tracking His Movements Since "Channel Orange"4,318 Views12 Comments
- Two People Shot Outside Of J Cole’s Concert In New Jersey Monday Night10,292 Views48 Comments
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"132,035 Views417 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss49,524 Views68 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 26,395 Views5 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal85,182 Views191 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release10,724 Views91 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 15,718 Views77 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students3,036 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 201514,202 Views27 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter11,838 Views25 Comments
You may also like...