J. Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Debuts At Number One On The Billboard 200 Dec 16, 2014 at 04:55 PM
Rick Ross, move over -- J. Cole just topped your first week sales record for 2014. Rozay's Mastermind moved 179,000 units in its first week back in March, but now his tally's been handily topped by that of Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive.
Releasing two full length albums in one year is a rare feat most rappers will never accomplish, but in a sense, it's really nothing new for Rick Ross, who yesterday released Hood Billionaire, his second solo album of the year.
Earlier today, Rick Ross announced a remix of his Mastermind track "Supreme," set to feature Big K.R.I.T., Mase and Fabolous. Now we've got the official version of the track, complete with another, updated spoken word intro (and outro) by Katt Williams.
Rick Ross just hit us with music videos for Mastermind tracks on back-to-back days. After releasing the "Supreme" visuals yesterday, the MMG bawse just unveiled a fresh clip for the French Montana-assisted "What A Shame."
Rick Ross and Scott Storch seem like the perfect team, but unfortunately the producer faded out just as Ross was coming into his own as a rapper. Luckily, the beatmaker has resurfaced, and was able to contribute a beat to Rozay's latest album, Mastermind.
Rick Ross interpolated a couple of classic hip hop cuts on his recent album, Mastermind, including Biggie's "You're Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)". The second of which is Souls Of Michief's "93 'Til Infinity", which "Thug Cry" borrows its beat from.
Rick Ross is excessive by nature, sometimes when it's not even necessary. To be fair, he was forced to be this way after the feud with 50 Cent and being outed as a correctional officer through those infamous photos.
Rick Ross' "Mafia Music III" Instrumental Was Originally Intended For Dr. Dre's "Detox" Mar 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Yesterday evening, Rick Ross sent out a revelatory tweet concerning a cut from his new album Mastermind: "'Mafia Music III' track was originally for Detox which @DrDre gave me for #Mastermind in a session."
Rick Ross had plenty of different test singles for Mastermind, but "the Devil Is A Lie" was the first to actually stick. Somehow it never got the video treatment until today, possibly because Jay Z was meant to appear in it.
Both Rick Ross' and Pharrell's new albums have been on the shelves for a week now, and so today we've received the first week sales for either LP.
Rick Ross Reveals Snoop Dogg As An Inspiration For "Mastermind," Talks Working With Kanye West Mar 7, 2014 at 05:15 PM
Rick Ross swung by CRWN and conducted a lengthy conversation with the host, Elliot Wilson, their topics ranging from Mastermind to Kanye, and we learned a great deal about the Rozay and his music.
Along with recent interview for Power 105's the Breakfast Club, as well as an uninspired performance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, Rick Ross also paid a visit to MTV's RapFix Live as part of his Mastermind publicity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
Rick Ross Discusses Enlisting Mr. Brainwash For "Mastermind" Artwork, Beef With Jeezy Mar 4, 2014 at 03:46 PM
With the successful release of Rick Ross' sixth studio album, Mastermind, (although, there was a shooting at his DeKalb County album release party, so that wasn't very successful) the rapper has kicked off some interview promotion.
In addition to bringing out Bad Boy French Montana to perform "Nobody" during the Mastermind concert release party, Rick Ross also tapped Busta Rhymes and veteran rap group The LOX to take the stage with him during the event.
- TBT: The Roots18 Views0 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop3,249 Views17 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]11,295 Views34 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance8,679 Views56 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines3,096 Views15 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic3,806 Views26 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner3,117 Views16 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson983 Views9 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,049 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts4,802 Views16 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album Title7,020 Views24 Comments
- Stream Ducko McFli's & Jace's New EP "Dreams"995 Views4 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: March 26 (Action Bronson Edition)918 Views3 Comments
- T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed]17,191 Views56 Comments
- Review: Action Bronson's "Mr. Wonderful"16,656 Views63 Comments