J. Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Debuts At Number One On The Billboard 200 Dec 16, 2014 at 04:55pm
Rick Ross, move over -- J. Cole just topped your first week sales record for 2014. Rozay's Mastermind moved 179,000 units in its first week back in March, but now his tally's been handily topped by that of Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive.
Releasing two full length albums in one year is a rare feat most rappers will never accomplish, but in a sense, it's really nothing new for Rick Ross, who yesterday released Hood Billionaire, his second solo album of the year.
Earlier today, Rick Ross announced a remix of his Mastermind track "Supreme," set to feature Big K.R.I.T., Mase and Fabolous. Now we've got the official version of the track, complete with another, updated spoken word intro (and outro) by Katt Williams.
Rick Ross just hit us with music videos for Mastermind tracks on back-to-back days. After releasing the "Supreme" visuals yesterday, the MMG bawse just unveiled a fresh clip for the French Montana-assisted "What A Shame."
Rick Ross and Scott Storch seem like the perfect team, but unfortunately the producer faded out just as Ross was coming into his own as a rapper. Luckily, the beatmaker has resurfaced, and was able to contribute a beat to Rozay's latest album, Mastermind.
Rick Ross interpolated a couple of classic hip hop cuts on his recent album, Mastermind, including Biggie's "You're Nobody (Til Somebody Kills You)". The second of which is Souls Of Michief's "93 'Til Infinity", which "Thug Cry" borrows its beat from.
Rick Ross is excessive by nature, sometimes when it's not even necessary. To be fair, he was forced to be this way after the feud with 50 Cent and being outed as a correctional officer through those infamous photos.
Rick Ross' "Mafia Music III" Instrumental Was Originally Intended For Dr. Dre's "Detox" Mar 21, 2014 at 11:15am
Yesterday evening, Rick Ross sent out a revelatory tweet concerning a cut from his new album Mastermind: "'Mafia Music III' track was originally for Detox which @DrDre gave me for #Mastermind in a session."
Rick Ross had plenty of different test singles for Mastermind, but "the Devil Is A Lie" was the first to actually stick. Somehow it never got the video treatment until today, possibly because Jay Z was meant to appear in it.
Both Rick Ross' and Pharrell's new albums have been on the shelves for a week now, and so today we've received the first week sales for either LP.
Rick Ross Reveals Snoop Dogg As An Inspiration For "Mastermind," Talks Working With Kanye West Mar 7, 2014 at 05:15pm
Rick Ross swung by CRWN and conducted a lengthy conversation with the host, Elliot Wilson, their topics ranging from Mastermind to Kanye, and we learned a great deal about the Rozay and his music.
Along with recent interview for Power 105's the Breakfast Club, as well as an uninspired performance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, Rick Ross also paid a visit to MTV's RapFix Live as part of his Mastermind publicity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
Rick Ross Discusses Enlisting Mr. Brainwash For "Mastermind" Artwork, Beef With Jeezy Mar 4, 2014 at 03:46pm
With the successful release of Rick Ross' sixth studio album, Mastermind, (although, there was a shooting at his DeKalb County album release party, so that wasn't very successful) the rapper has kicked off some interview promotion.
In addition to bringing out Bad Boy French Montana to perform "Nobody" during the Mastermind concert release party, Rick Ross also tapped Busta Rhymes and veteran rap group The LOX to take the stage with him during the event.
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles2,059 Views17 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest1,875 Views12 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks3,970 Views7 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger3,091 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"12,436 Views55 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP1,094 Views6 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App5,957 Views18 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris1,659 Views9 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances14,097 Views27 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."19,825 Views202 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss2,291 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More2,717 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"21,377 Views32 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"8,789 Views60 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA3,780 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Shouts Out Amir Obe in Detroit1,194 Views
- Word On The Street: ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."4,587 Views