Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Site users know On The Come Up as a text piece, we used to do it weekly, breaking down rappers on the rise who you should keep an eye and an ear out for. Now we're taking On The Come Up to the next level, and turning it into a video piece.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Mass Appeal will shortly be releasing a Jay Electronica documentary entitled "Into The Light," and today a trailer has arrived. Watch it above.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
YG's name is definitely buzzing out in the West Coast, and perhaps just as much out in the East, as fans anticipate his debut album My Krazy Life, for which the (mugshot) artwork was revealed yesterday.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square2,962 Views16 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape2,665 Views10 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More3,194 Views13 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL7,039 Views28 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women7,370 Views34 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"9,182 Views38 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review5,542 Views27 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram6,986 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party8,499 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,034 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover4,689 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,305 Views6 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,422 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?20,390 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title31,493 Views69 Comments
You may also like...