Every March, the relatively small city of Austin, Texas bursts at the seams for a few weeks to host South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, arts and film festival put on in venues around the downtown.
Fashawn's new album has been a long time coming. Finally the rapper was able to lock in a release date for the sophomore effort, after inking a deal with the Nas-helmed record label Mass Appeal.
Site users know On The Come Up as a text piece, we used to do it weekly, breaking down rappers on the rise who you should keep an eye and an ear out for. Now we're taking On The Come Up to the next level, and turning it into a video piece.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Mass Appeal, who've seen a resurgence over the past two years, and they've even started their own imprint with help from Nas, have revealed the cover for their new issue.
Mass Appeal will shortly be releasing a Jay Electronica documentary entitled "Into The Light," and today a trailer has arrived. Watch it above.
Bishop Nehru may have just dropped his new album with MF DOOM, NehruvianDOOM (which we reviewed here), but he's already got his next project lined up, with assistance from one of rap's living legends.
Over the course of the past few months, Nas has been beefing up the roster of his relatively new Mass Appeal label with his favorite underground artists, signing Boldy James, Fashawn, Bishop Nehru and Run The Jewels.
Today we received the new single from Run The Jewels' forthcoming second album, RTJ2, "Blockbuster Night Pt. 1." The record came via Mass Appeal, as well as the announcement that the duo Killer Mike and El-P have signed a deal with Mass Appeal Records.
Nas To Release "Lost Tapes 2" And Posthumous Pimp C Album On Mass Appeal Records May 16, 2014 at 03:09pm
When Nas' contract with Def Jam runs out later this year, it appears that the veteran MC won't be without a label to call home. As previously reported, Nas will launch Mass Appeal Records, and now it seems like he'll be releasing projects on the label too.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Cam'ron is making a bit of a comeback this year. We've already heard a pretty awesome collaboration between him and A-Trak, and we'll be getting an EP from the duo later this year.
YG's name is definitely buzzing out in the West Coast, and perhaps just as much out in the East, as fans anticipate his debut album My Krazy Life, for which the (mugshot) artwork was revealed yesterday.
It's pretty common knowledge, if you follow either rapper on Twitter or any form of social media, that ScHoolboy Q and Mac Miller are friends-- Mac seems to be friendly with a lot of the TDE camp, with Q and Ab-Soul both appearing on Watching Movies With The S
Hip-hop magazine Mass Appeal announced it's return to the print game earlier this year, after taking a five-year break. The magazine, which started back in 1996, featured Nas on their 2001 cover.
Brooklyn-based urban lifestyle magazine Mass Appeal is back in print after a 5-year hiatus, with Earl Sweatshirt gracing the cover of their 52nd issue alongside Blake Anderson of Workaholics fame.
- 10 Essential Jamie xx Tracks3,526 Views14 Comments
- The Game Has Been Repeating The Same "Freestyle" For Four Years36,782 Views121 Comments
- Nelly Is Putting Out A Country Project3,976 Views43 Comments
- Top Tracks: April 20- April 264,205 Views1 Comment
- Waka Flocka Asks To Buy Out Of Atlantic Contract7,180 Views26 Comments
- Is Amber Rose Dating Machine Gun Kelly?25,732 Views91 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Jay Z Vs. Kanye West15,196 Views78 Comments
- Listen To 3 New Remixes From K Camp5,960 Views10 Comments
- "6 God" Producer Syk Sense Says Drake Had The Beat Before Jace15,201 Views44 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Game Worn Nike's Just Sold For The Price Of A Brand New Benz5,553 Views0 Comments
- Joey Bada$$ Announces "World Domination" Tour With Denzel Curry & Mick Jenkins4,604 Views26 Comments
- Kanye West Still Supports TIDAL8,037 Views35 Comments
- Young Thug Is Engaged25,033 Views102 Comments
- Nas Says New Album Coming This Summer6,883 Views61 Comments
- Listen To Raekwon's Album "Fly International Luxurious Art"2,669 Views11 Comments
You may also like...
- Big Deal396 Views