Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 1,711 Views32 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"1,586 Views16 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings14,861 Views64 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 61,818 Views0 Comments
- Tinashe Collaborates With Boi-1da, Travi$ Scott, Hit-Boy & More For New Album5,856 Views35 Comments
- LyriQuiz: The Weeknd - "Wicked Games"4,627 Views17 Comments
- Slaughterhouse Announces East Coast Tour2,156 Views2 Comments
- Top 5 Moments From Action Bronson's "Fuck, That's Delicious"2,305 Views2 Comments
- Common Weighs In On Drake & Serena Hooking Up18,177 Views82 Comments
- Rita Ora Debuts New Song "Religion" With Wiz Khalifa, Fuels Dating Rumors10,425 Views33 Comments
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West To Receive $440k Settlement From Leaked Engagement Video9,026 Views27 Comments
- #TBT: Big Pun2,200 Views18 Comments
- Derrick Rose Accused Of Drugging And Raping His Ex Girlfriend7,825 Views0 Comments
- Chief Keef Reportedly Named His Son's Middle Name After His New Record Label22,486 Views77 Comments
- The Weeknd Covers Billboard Magazine7,465 Views47 Comments