Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- 5 Things We Want From Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn"18 Views0 Comments
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection104 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"2,236 Views21 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 1,033 Views10 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine2,796 Views32 Comments
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Are Nominated For TIME Person Of The Year9,817 Views157 Comments
- Adele's Album "25" Went Double Platinum In Three Days17,289 Views216 Comments
- A Complete Guide To This Weekend's Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sneaker Releases1,888 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Announces New Release Date For “Royalty”20,261 Views69 Comments
- Top Tracks: November 16 - November 2220,379 Views29 Comments
- Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn" Release Date Revealed21,482 Views111 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See Post Malone & Ty Dolla $ign Live At Beer & Tacos ATL2,255 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber Breaks Drake/The Beatles' Billboard Record32,217 Views130 Comments
- Eminem's Carhartt Air Jordan 4 Collab Raises Over $225,000 For Charity2,143 Views0 Comments
- How Meek Mill Can Bounce Back From His Summer Slump36,193 Views272 Comments