Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Stream Ciara's New Album "Jackie"9 Views1 Comment
- French Montana Shares Artwork & Tracklist From "Casino Life 2"21,840 Views108 Comments
- Stephen Curry To Be Named NBA MVP4,953 Views0 Comments
- Houston Astros Are Selling Hats Signed By Bun B And Fat Joe For $2005,441 Views17 Comments
- Madonna Wishes She Didn't Kiss Drake At Coachella50,510 Views96 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 25 - May 12,865 Views3 Comments
- Kanye West Changes His Album Title36,913 Views84 Comments
- See The Tracklist To Jamie Foxx's "Hollywood: A Story Of A Dozen Roses"8,933 Views18 Comments
- Beyonce Signs 3 Teenagers For $1.5 Million24,136 Views30 Comments
- Review: Raekwon's "Fly International Luxurious Art"5,221 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Performs "See You Again" & "We Dem Boyz" On SNL8,284 Views13 Comments
- De La Soul Raised Over $600K On Kickstarter For Their New Album8,004 Views37 Comments
- "Barter 6" Producer Wheezy Wants To Work With Lil Wayne32,992 Views61 Comments
- Lyrical Allegiance: Picking Pacquiao/Mayweather Sides Through Song12,992 Views31 Comments
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His Lawsuit12,264 Views24 Comments
You may also like...