Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show2,398 Views10 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today2,728 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj38,185 Views195 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal105,730 Views673 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"68,177 Views142 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"55,724 Views74 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,903 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,652 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"41,235 Views164 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall4,068 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"10,952 Views68 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram30,520 Views67 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"3,249 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,720 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,641 Views18 Comments
You may also like...