Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Expecting First Child Together149 Views12 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For DJ Khaled’s “I Changed A Lot” Album6,779 Views47 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Ex Karrine Steffans Blasts Him For His Sex Tape Performance52,121 Views201 Comments
- Rich The Kid & ILoveMakonnen To Release "Whip It Up" Mixtape6,223 Views54 Comments
- Future Buys Drake Diamond-Encrusted FBGOVO Ring30,971 Views211 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Green Carpet Interviews: T-Pain, DeJ, Esco, & More7,575 Views10 Comments
- LeBron James Ends His Deal With McDonald's To Become A Pizza Franchisee11,581 Views0 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign To Release "Airplane Mode" Mixtape Tomorrow7,715 Views32 Comments
- Rihanna Named One Of "The Greats" By NYTimes Style Magazine2,904 Views28 Comments
- Lil Durk & Dej Loaf: "Next Big Hip-Hop Couple"22,786 Views66 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Cypher To Feature Vince Staples, Redman, & More22,232 Views131 Comments
- DJ Khaled Announces Album Release Date, Two Singles Dropping Today13,469 Views76 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Performs New Song, Mentions Third Mixtape11,897 Views30 Comments
- Four New Colorways Of The Adidas Yeezy 950 Boot Unveiled3,037 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Urged Against Dating White Women When He Was Young20,836 Views103 Comments