Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"6,720 Views44 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival3,839 Views18 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport6,871 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See16,728 Views120 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans3,640 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum19,482 Views122 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?11,753 Views94 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby20,865 Views63 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus19,628 Views89 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"6,557 Views35 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works528 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds11,497 Views38 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,771 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More7,704 Views20 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC3,221 Views0 Comments