Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square6,238 Views31 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape5,289 Views13 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More6,428 Views24 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL11,285 Views35 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women10,915 Views44 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"11,700 Views43 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review6,772 Views31 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram8,710 Views13 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party10,052 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,548 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover5,228 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,521 Views7 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,569 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?21,261 Views52 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title32,559 Views69 Comments