Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"80 Views2 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight2,703 Views6 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"8,204 Views54 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather17,679 Views27 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date41,361 Views115 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now13,356 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"3,535 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"4,568 Views25 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party3,317 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,440 Views7 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness7,625 Views50 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best7,942 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million6,565 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande31,869 Views117 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray5,951 Views22 Comments