Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview18,237 Views40 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend3,505 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"30,045 Views113 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"45,879 Views258 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up4,179 Views7 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted9,284 Views28 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A1,442 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction11,437 Views61 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week6,966 Views15 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 55,722 Views104 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night41,833 Views88 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"60,436 Views120 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix5,410 Views3 Comments
- Scarface Reveals Tracklist & Cover Art For "Deeply Rooted"2,977 Views19 Comments
You may also like...