Troy Ave is doing pretty well for himself as an independent artist, and while he's looking to maintain that level of creative control, he's looking for some type of major label backing as well.
Mac Miller Speaks On Signing With Major Label, Confirms He's Working On New Album Nov 21, 2014 at 03:49pm
Mac Miller surprised us when it was announced the once independent MC had taken his talents and his imprint to a major label. In fact, he signed a deal reportedly worth $10 million with Warner Bros.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
ScHoolboy Q has been doing the interview circuit since the release of his major label debut, Oxymoron, and his most recent sit down with hot937.cbslocal.com, found him reflecting on his choice to go to Interscope, his many offers to do a line of bucket hats,
In the world of hip hop "beef" isn't unusual, in fact it's customary. Some of the greatest and most historical moments in the culture and genre have been produced because of contention.
Suge Knight Says Kendrick Lamar & Game "Got Two Of The Worst Deals In The Industry" Feb 19, 2014 at 05:35pm
Suge Knight, who recently was in the news for getting into some trouble at a weed dispensary in L.A., hit up Arsenio Hall's talk show as a guest last night.
Nipsey Hussle turned a lot of heads (Jay Z's included) when he decided to sell physical copies of his Crenshaw mixtape at $100 a piece last week, but his success at doing so turned out to be the most surprising part.
After publicly speaking about passing on Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint, Joey Badass revealed that it would take three million dollars for him to sign on the dotted line for a major label.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
Dizzy Wright has been deemed by many to be the next big rapper on the come-up, and last night it was made 'official' in the sense that the Funk Volume rapper was named an XXL Freshman of 2013, just a year after his fellow FV rapper Hopsin.In a new interview wi
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"835 Views17 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals2,225 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour3,442 Views9 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"3,559 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop6,341 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"20,612 Views73 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With10,342 Views24 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family6,468 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged22,890 Views38 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"4,119 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden4,106 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes11,304 Views31 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,955 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"123,017 Views249 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"28,990 Views58 Comments