2013 was a big year in music with major artists dropping some game-changing albums, rising stars coming out of nowhere to surprise the hip-hop community and your usual hip-hop crews releasing tracks that were bangers.
Wale Spazzes On Complex Over Their 50 Best Albums Of 2013 List [Update: Wale Responds] Dec 13, 2013 at 04:45pm
We're at that time of year when just about every publication is working on their year-end list (count us among them), and while they're not necessarily meant to ruffle feathers, that can happen, when artists feel like they are unjustly excluded from these list
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Yesterday we kicked off our month of the Hottest of 2013 with the Most Searched Artists On HNHH. That's just the beginning though, as you can expect a lot more from us within the coming weeks, leading up to the New Year.
Whether it’s in gold, rose-gold, platinum or diamond-filled, rappers have often spared no expense when it comes to buying their chains. It is by no doubt an important symbol in hip hop that continuously crops up in rap music.
Today is an annual shopping event in the United States known as Black Friday. With deals on just about everything across the web and in stores, a lot of people get their Christmas shopping on today, and even a little personal shopping done for themselves.
It’s almost that time of year again, where you get to stuff your face with delicious food and hang out with your close friends and family. Like us normal folk, rappers celebrate Thanksgiving too.
Diddy, Jay Z & Dr. Dre Make Forbes' "World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013" List Nov 24, 2013 at 06:24pm
Two months ago we saw Diddy top Forbes' Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Artists list, and now the Bad Boy label head returns on the World's Highest-Paid Musicians of 2013 list, although this time at #12 with $50 million.
As y'all know, Sundays are slow here at HNHH, which is reason enough to kill time with this completely arbitrary list.
For rappers, having a dope ride is more than just a mode of transportation. Yes, it does mean no more riding the bus. But purchasing a brand new whip is symbolic of their rise to the top.
From time, Busta Rhymes has been one of the most energetic performers in Hip-Hop. Anytime you hear of a live performance from Busta Rhymes and Spliff Star, you jump at the opportunity to see one hell of a show.
Although Lil Wayne seems to be very M.I.A. as of late (apart from being featured on a few random tracks here and there) there is hope of new Lil Wayne material on the way. And what's more, it'll be off Tha Carter V.
At the beginning of October we heard DJ Premier confirm that he will produce a full Nas album one day-- which got us excited, and also got us thinking about what other albums we're really, really hoping will drop in the not-so-distant future.
Halloween arrives tomorrow, and it's the time of the year where grown ass men and women can get away with dressing up as whatever they want, really, and usually for women, that involves showing as much skin as possible.
Nothing shows the colossal growth of hip-hop and rap music over the last 40 years than its prevalence in video games. What could only be seen has an odd pairing at best has turned into one of the most successful cross-cultural relationships in entertainment.
Drake's album is officially dropping tomorrow, September 24th. Nonetheless the early leak of Nothing Was The Same has given us all enough time to go through the album from start to finish, and properly digest all the lyrics, beats, and Drake-isms.
There's quite a bit of repetition in the game these days, and specific bars are often overlooked (with the exception of Meek Mill and Cassidy diss records). This is an opportunity to take a closer listen and really consider what these artists have to say.
- Vince Staples Shares "Summertime '06" Artwork832 Views9 Comments
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism9,040 Views40 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same31,711 Views73 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)6,323 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song18,356 Views43 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed3,979 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour17,749 Views68 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter10,827 Views47 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's26,678 Views56 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks3,011 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal12,694 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,773 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition6,697 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug18,625 Views88 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,940 Views0 Comments
You may also like...