Directed by Figvrati Films, "808 The Movie" tells the story of our young protagonist 28-year old cook named Teezy who endeavors to claim the ranks and make it as a hip-hop producer in Atlanta.
Last year, Waka Flocka Flame seemed to be more focused on bar-for-bar lyricism than bellowing on top of gargantuan trap beats, releasing the ironically-titled I Can't Rap Vol. 1 last summer as a culmination of a freestyle series.
Mac Miller on a Lex Luger beat? I guess crazier things have happened (like Mac teaming up with Rick Ross earlier this year), but still, this new Mack Maine track is bonkers for a number of reasons.
Combining only the most turnt elements of trap, dubstep and club music, Low Pros' self-titled EP (released this May) was an all-out assault on the senses, the sonic equivalent of standing in the middle of Times Square or Tokyo's Shibuya intersection.
Hear that? That's the sound of hip-hop's loudest MC crafting a sequel to his most aggressive project to date.
Rich The Kid is just a few weeks remove from dropping his guest-packed Feels Good To Be Rich tape, but it appears he's got some more tricks up his sleeve for the rest of the year, as he's just shared a new track featuring Casey Veggies.
A-Trak and Lex Luger who form like Voltron to create Low Pros, just dropped their debut EP this week, and it's filled with tracks that lean towards electronic music, but much of it just feels more akin to the current experimental wave of Atlanta rap.
The production team of A-Trak and Lex Luger, who go by Low Pros, have already delivered us two highly successful collaborations with rappers, the first being "100 Bottles" with Travi$ Scott as well as "Jack Tripper" with Young Thug and Peewee Longway.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"3,122 Views23 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"4,044 Views15 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th9,790 Views23 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"6,533 Views22 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show7,889 Views19 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,767 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday8,221 Views30 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month9,541 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show21,025 Views31 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today7,032 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj65,261 Views242 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal146,484 Views828 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"77,725 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"65,902 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,279 Views3 Comments