Directed by Figvrati Films, "808 The Movie" tells the story of our young protagonist 28-year old cook named Teezy who endeavors to claim the ranks and make it as a hip-hop producer in Atlanta.
Last year, Waka Flocka Flame seemed to be more focused on bar-for-bar lyricism than bellowing on top of gargantuan trap beats, releasing the ironically-titled I Can't Rap Vol. 1 last summer as a culmination of a freestyle series.
Mac Miller on a Lex Luger beat? I guess crazier things have happened (like Mac teaming up with Rick Ross earlier this year), but still, this new Mack Maine track is bonkers for a number of reasons.
Combining only the most turnt elements of trap, dubstep and club music, Low Pros' self-titled EP (released this May) was an all-out assault on the senses, the sonic equivalent of standing in the middle of Times Square or Tokyo's Shibuya intersection.
Hear that? That's the sound of hip-hop's loudest MC crafting a sequel to his most aggressive project to date.
Rich The Kid is just a few weeks remove from dropping his guest-packed Feels Good To Be Rich tape, but it appears he's got some more tricks up his sleeve for the rest of the year, as he's just shared a new track featuring Casey Veggies.
A-Trak and Lex Luger who form like Voltron to create Low Pros, just dropped their debut EP this week, and it's filled with tracks that lean towards electronic music, but much of it just feels more akin to the current experimental wave of Atlanta rap.
The production team of A-Trak and Lex Luger, who go by Low Pros, have already delivered us two highly successful collaborations with rappers, the first being "100 Bottles" with Travi$ Scott as well as "Jack Tripper" with Young Thug and Peewee Longway.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"8,717 Views31 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight717 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"1,178 Views6 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"19,065 Views135 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall2,854 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"6,695 Views56 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram20,890 Views59 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,159 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)5,066 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney6,928 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music9,212 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"17,611 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast13,003 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon15,803 Views36 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour19,230 Views34 Comments
You may also like...
- Sonny Digital "Good" Video979 Views