Directed by Figvrati Films, "808 The Movie" tells the story of our young protagonist 28-year old cook named Teezy who endeavors to claim the ranks and make it as a hip-hop producer in Atlanta.
Last year, Waka Flocka Flame seemed to be more focused on bar-for-bar lyricism than bellowing on top of gargantuan trap beats, releasing the ironically-titled I Can't Rap Vol. 1 last summer as a culmination of a freestyle series.
Mac Miller on a Lex Luger beat? I guess crazier things have happened (like Mac teaming up with Rick Ross earlier this year), but still, this new Mack Maine track is bonkers for a number of reasons.
Combining only the most turnt elements of trap, dubstep and club music, Low Pros' self-titled EP (released this May) was an all-out assault on the senses, the sonic equivalent of standing in the middle of Times Square or Tokyo's Shibuya intersection.
Hear that? That's the sound of hip-hop's loudest MC crafting a sequel to his most aggressive project to date.
Rich The Kid is just a few weeks remove from dropping his guest-packed Feels Good To Be Rich tape, but it appears he's got some more tricks up his sleeve for the rest of the year, as he's just shared a new track featuring Casey Veggies.
A-Trak and Lex Luger who form like Voltron to create Low Pros, just dropped their debut EP this week, and it's filled with tracks that lean towards electronic music, but much of it just feels more akin to the current experimental wave of Atlanta rap.
The production team of A-Trak and Lex Luger, who go by Low Pros, have already delivered us two highly successful collaborations with rappers, the first being "100 Bottles" with Travi$ Scott as well as "Jack Tripper" with Young Thug and Peewee Longway.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal7,999 Views43 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"4,116 Views15 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"15,565 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,319 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date36,827 Views191 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,366 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test3,719 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"4,184 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness9,035 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed8,611 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party8,961 Views43 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,624 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"5,302 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs8,553 Views27 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,308 Views14 Comments