Directed by Figvrati Films, "808 The Movie" tells the story of our young protagonist 28-year old cook named Teezy who endeavors to claim the ranks and make it as a hip-hop producer in Atlanta.
Last year, Waka Flocka Flame seemed to be more focused on bar-for-bar lyricism than bellowing on top of gargantuan trap beats, releasing the ironically-titled I Can't Rap Vol. 1 last summer as a culmination of a freestyle series.
Mac Miller on a Lex Luger beat? I guess crazier things have happened (like Mac teaming up with Rick Ross earlier this year), but still, this new Mack Maine track is bonkers for a number of reasons.
Combining only the most turnt elements of trap, dubstep and club music, Low Pros' self-titled EP (released this May) was an all-out assault on the senses, the sonic equivalent of standing in the middle of Times Square or Tokyo's Shibuya intersection.
Hear that? That's the sound of hip-hop's loudest MC crafting a sequel to his most aggressive project to date.
Rich The Kid is just a few weeks remove from dropping his guest-packed Feels Good To Be Rich tape, but it appears he's got some more tricks up his sleeve for the rest of the year, as he's just shared a new track featuring Casey Veggies.
A-Trak and Lex Luger who form like Voltron to create Low Pros, just dropped their debut EP this week, and it's filled with tracks that lean towards electronic music, but much of it just feels more akin to the current experimental wave of Atlanta rap.
The production team of A-Trak and Lex Luger, who go by Low Pros, have already delivered us two highly successful collaborations with rappers, the first being "100 Bottles" with Travi$ Scott as well as "Jack Tripper" with Young Thug and Peewee Longway.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs4,695 Views34 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech18,795 Views135 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow12,099 Views56 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,090 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks14,771 Views46 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"4,855 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 4,185 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account24,604 Views52 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments8,096 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter25,159 Views60 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 299,556 Views64 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account26,194 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville56,788 Views70 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA18,557 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)6,626 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video368 Views