Last year, it was reported that A$AP Rocky had been charged with assault, stemming from an incident at that year's Made In America festival where he allegedly slapped a female fan.
Drake Apparently Paid Rappin' 4-Tay $100k For Interpolating His Lyrics [Update: 4-Tay's Manager Disputes Amount] Jul 17, 2014 at 02:42pm
Rappers are constantly quoting one another in songs. Sometimes it's enough to justify a writing credit, while other times its simply a subtle nod or easter egg to those who know the original source.
As there was no 100 person mob waiting for him outside of Greensboro Coliseum last night, Rick Ross actually showed up to perform at the venue's SuperJam 2014 concert, though his successful appearance didn't mean the night was a complete success.
Game Responds To 40 Glocc Lawsuit, Claims Self-Defense [Update: 40 Glocc Calls Game A Coward] Jun 12, 2014 at 11:50am
In March 2013 40 Glocc took his ongoing beef with Game to lawyers, and initiated a $4.5 million lawsuit against the rapper stemming from his beatdown (caught on camera) in July of 2012.
For Timbaland, it's now too late to 'pologize for concerts he double-booked in 2008.
Wiz Khalifa Arrested For Marijuana Possession In Texas [Update: Wiz Has Been Freed] May 25, 2014 at 04:07pm
When Wiz Khalifa leaked "The Rain" from his upcoming mixtape 28 Grams on Friday night, we thought the full tape was going to follow shortly, but no such luck. It seems Khalifa has delayed the tape due to a spot of bother with the law.
Although Yasiin Bey, formerly known as Mos Def, was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, the rapper-turn-activist has since planted his feet in many different parts of the world, more recently, he's resided in South Africa.
With a larger-than-life appearance like his, Rick Ross is the last guy you'd expect to be difficult to locate, but that's exactly what a British concert promotor is having trouble with. Christian Ezechie of the promotion company Executive Decision claims that
Last October, the perpetually troubled Chris Brown was involved in an altercation outside of a hotel in Washington, D.C., and that resulted in charges of parole violation.
2 Chainz was arrested at an L.A. airport last June when ingredients to make codeine-based drug concoction, 'lean' were found in his bag. The rapper has since copped a plea deal over the charges, but he'll have to lay off the syrup for a while.
Meek Mill Is Suing The City Of Philadelphia [Update: Meek Loses Civil Suit Against Police] May 1, 2014 at 09:03pm
On Halloween of 2012, Meek Mill was arrested after being pulled over in Philadelphia. The rapper was cuffed when he refused to let police search his vehicle, claiming that they smelled Marijuana coming from the car.
Chris Brown Will Be In Jail Until June, If Not Longer [Update: Date Set For Brown's Probation Violation Hearing] May 1, 2014 at 06:22pm
Looks like Chris Brown won't be getting out of jail just yet. The singer, who's been locked up since being booted from rehab last month was meant to go to trial this week, but things have been postponed until June.
DJ Khaled Accused Of Stealing Idea For "They Don't Love You No More" Artwork Apr 30, 2014 at 03:49pm
DJ Khaled's new single "They Don't Love You No More" has attracted quite a bit of attention since dropping at the top the week, first reigniting the Drake and Jay Z discussion, then enraging Major League Lacrosse, and now garnering some legal action against it
If you follow Tyga on Instagram, you may have noticed an interesting addition to his photos beginning about two months ago: a tiger.
Engineer Attempts To Extort Jay Z For 100k Over Master Recordings [Update: Engineer Responds To Accusations] Apr 22, 2014 at 11:33am
Jay Z was under the impression that he'd lost some very important masters from 1998-2002-- until he was recently approached by a sound engineer to buy them back.
The intro to Drake's "Pound Cake"-- the closing track from Nothing Was The Same --featured a very prominent sample from a 1982 Jazz song, "Jimmy Smith Rap", performed by Jimmy Smith. The clip used in the song is not actually musical, but simply a spoken word
Flavor Flav, iconic hypeman from the legendary rap group Public Enemy, was arrested for battery in 2012. The incident in question found the rapper allegedly chasing and threatening his fiance's 17-year old son with a pair of knives.
Dancehall Artist Vybz Kartel was found guilty of murder following a 65 day trial last month, and today he was given his sentencing.
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"1,127 Views22 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals2,457 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour3,619 Views9 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"3,700 Views7 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop6,623 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"21,077 Views73 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With10,609 Views25 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family6,621 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged23,429 Views38 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"4,250 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden4,169 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes11,542 Views31 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,990 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"124,075 Views251 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"29,360 Views58 Comments