Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
During his performance at KMEL Summer Jam in the Bay Area, Lil Wayne decided to make a very special announcement to the crowd. "I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol, Jay Z," Wayne declared to cheering fans.
Chief Keef Discontinues Glory Boyz Entertainment In Favor Of Glo Gang, Calls For New Artists Jan 5, 2014 at 06:11pm
For those unaware, Chief Keef is currently in the midst of a 90-day, court-ordered stint in a Southern California rehab facility, having been sent there for substance abuse treatment after a string of minor offences, drug related and otherwise.
Suge Knight recently appeared on Arsenio Hall and had some harsh words for the major music labels, even going as far as to compare label deals to a slavery, and specifically calling out Kendrick Lamar and Game as having "two of the worst deals in the industry.
Suge Knight was a guest on Arsenio Hall the other month, and while there, he made some remarks concerning both Kendrick Lamar and Game's label deals, comparing them to slavery. Game has since responded to Suge's comments, although it's doubtful we will hear a
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
T.I. Announces Yo Gotti Signed With Hustle Gang [Update: Yo Gotti Denies Signing] Jul 1, 2013 at 01:50pm
Around a month ago T.I. revealed a list of artists that he was looking at to join the expanding Grand Hustle roster. Among them were Kirko Bangz, Problem, Jeremih and Yo Gotti.
Childish Gambino's album because the internet had some impressive first week sales, and while his ambitious and conceptual rollout for the album seemed to be quite successful, he's apparently having trouble getting his label on the same page.
Hit-Boy was responsible for many of Kanye and G.O.O.D music's recent hits. The producer was responsible for "Niggas In Paris", "Cold", "I Wish You Would", and "Clique", but was notably absent on Yeezus.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
CyHi The Prynce Clarifies Label Situation, Speaks On Making "Elephant In The Room" Aug 13, 2015 at 07:52pm
CyHi The Prynce shook things up when he dropped "Elephant in the Room," a fictional narrative where he shot up the Def Jam offices while kidnapping Kanye West and throwing lyrical daggers at G.O.O.D. Music artists.
Rich Homie Quan was dismissed by many as a one-hit wonder early on, but with three radio hits this year alone (that's two more than Future, who he's often been compared to) he's solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Childish Gambino Vents About Life & His Upcoming Album [Update: Gambino Denies Being Depressed] Oct 17, 2013 at 08:42pm
Childish Gambino has been popping back up on hip-hop's radar, with the announcement of an upcoming album, Because The Internet, as well as a new song or two, including "Yaphet Kotto."
Daylyt has seemingly appeared at the top of the game from out of nowhere. After making his television debut last week on the Shady Films reality series "Road to Total Slaughter," the battle rapper turned heads on Ab-Soul’s These Days… with an exte
DJ Mustard Signs With Roc Nation [Update: DJ Mustard Signs With Roc Nation As An Artist] Nov 18, 2013 at 12:38pm
DJ Mustard has made a name for himself with bay-infused 808 and snap laden production. Along with working extensively with artists like YG, Joe Moses, and Ty$, Mustard has branched out to work with bigger artists like Tyga, 2 Chainz, and Young Jeezy.
- The Underachievers' "Lords Of Flatbush 2" In The Works1,009 Views14 Comments
- Azealia Banks Tears Into Nicki Minaj's NY Times Magazine Comments4,642 Views47 Comments
- Ranking The 10 Most Valuable Air Jordan 3s On The Market Right Now356 Views0 Comments
- Wale Reportedly Dating "Empire" Star Serayah McNeill5,773 Views27 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues His Former Lawyers For $75 Million6,459 Views54 Comments
- Rick Ross Clowns 50 Cent For Filing For Bankruptcy12,151 Views62 Comments
- The Game Disses Young Thug During Skee TV Performance17,000 Views105 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Speaks On Drake/Meek Mill Beef For New York Times Magazine36,496 Views179 Comments
- 10 Artists That Dr. Dre Put On15,430 Views71 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title13,218 Views130 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit17,389 Views26 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"15,463 Views61 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine12,665 Views161 Comments
You may also like...
- On The Come Up: Allan Kingdom1,843 Views
- Chris Brown Previews New Music On Instagram2,739 Views
- JR Donato "Don't Go Nowhere" Video1,966 Views