Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
Birdman Says The Game Is Officially YMCMB [Update: Game Says He Hasn't Signed Yet] Dec 11, 2013 at 11:35am
There have been rumors concerning Game and his potential signing with the ever-growing YMCMB roster, ever since Birdman was featured on Jesus Piece shouting out Game, and specifically saying Cash Money was next.
During his performance at KMEL Summer Jam in the Bay Area, Lil Wayne decided to make a very special announcement to the crowd. "I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol, Jay Z," Wayne declared to cheering fans.
Chief Keef Discontinues Glory Boyz Entertainment In Favor Of Glo Gang, Calls For New Artists Jan 5, 2014 at 06:11pm
For those unaware, Chief Keef is currently in the midst of a 90-day, court-ordered stint in a Southern California rehab facility, having been sent there for substance abuse treatment after a string of minor offences, drug related and otherwise.
Suge Knight recently appeared on Arsenio Hall and had some harsh words for the major music labels, even going as far as to compare label deals to a slavery, and specifically calling out Kendrick Lamar and Game as having "two of the worst deals in the industry.
Suge Knight was a guest on Arsenio Hall the other month, and while there, he made some remarks concerning both Kendrick Lamar and Game's label deals, comparing them to slavery. Game has since responded to Suge's comments, although it's doubtful we will hear a
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
T.I. Announces Yo Gotti Signed With Hustle Gang [Update: Yo Gotti Denies Signing] Jul 1, 2013 at 01:50pm
Around a month ago T.I. revealed a list of artists that he was looking at to join the expanding Grand Hustle roster. Among them were Kirko Bangz, Problem, Jeremih and Yo Gotti.
Childish Gambino's album because the internet had some impressive first week sales, and while his ambitious and conceptual rollout for the album seemed to be quite successful, he's apparently having trouble getting his label on the same page.
Hit-Boy was responsible for many of Kanye and G.O.O.D music's recent hits. The producer was responsible for "Niggas In Paris", "Cold", "I Wish You Would", and "Clique", but was notably absent on Yeezus.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
Rich Homie Quan was dismissed by many as a one-hit wonder early on, but with three radio hits this year alone (that's two more than Future, who he's often been compared to) he's solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Childish Gambino Vents About Life & His Upcoming Album [Update: Gambino Denies Being Depressed] Oct 17, 2013 at 08:42pm
Childish Gambino has been popping back up on hip-hop's radar, with the announcement of an upcoming album, Because The Internet, as well as a new song or two, including "Yaphet Kotto."
Daylyt has seemingly appeared at the top of the game from out of nowhere. After making his television debut last week on the Shady Films reality series "Road to Total Slaughter," the battle rapper turned heads on Ab-Soul’s These Days… with an exte
DJ Mustard Signs With Roc Nation [Update: DJ Mustard Signs With Roc Nation As An Artist] Nov 18, 2013 at 12:38pm
DJ Mustard has made a name for himself with bay-infused 808 and snap laden production. Along with working extensively with artists like YG, Joe Moses, and Ty$, Mustard has branched out to work with bigger artists like Tyga, 2 Chainz, and Young Jeezy.
Waka Flocka has been keeping his name afloat in our daily news feed, thanks to his announcement as a 2016 presidential candidate as well as news about his upcoming album Flockaveli 2 and how he doesn't "deserve" a Kanye West feature.
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"6,890 Views24 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast5,105 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon6,620 Views21 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour8,183 Views25 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1300 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance21,613 Views98 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"17,676 Views193 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance19,151 Views36 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm21,886 Views185 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,102 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 11,048 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,380 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”33,605 Views147 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail35,444 Views93 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder26,601 Views73 Comments
You may also like...