Waka Flocka has been keeping his name afloat in our daily news feed, thanks to his announcement as a 2016 presidential candidate as well as news about his upcoming album Flockaveli 2 and how he doesn't "deserve" a Kanye West feature.
Curren$y Speaks On Collaborating With Riff Raff & Wanting To Sign Joey Fatts To Jet Life Mar 9, 2015 at 05:16pm
Curren$y sat down with our boy Baker for an interview after a show the other week, and spoke on what to expect from the upcoming Pilot Talk instalment, Pilot Talk 3.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Mariah Carey did not have the best 2014. Despite releasing a solid late career record, the iconic singer experienced a record low in album sales, with Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse still sitting at just over 100,000 sold.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
T.I. Speaks On The Possibility Of Signing Troy Ave, Confirms He's "Definitely Hustle Gang" Oct 24, 2014 at 03:54pm
Troy Ave has certainly been showing up on plenty of Hustle Gang records as of late, and speculation has grown that the New York purist has signed with T.I.'s label. In an interview with Rap-Up, T.I.
Snoop Dogg caused a bit of a controversy this week, when he randomly targeted Iggy Azalea in a series of social media posts, beginning with some memes, before escalating to threats and name-calling.
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
Rich Homie Quan was dismissed by many as a one-hit wonder early on, but with three radio hits this year alone (that's two more than Future, who he's often been compared to) he's solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Daylyt has seemingly appeared at the top of the game from out of nowhere. After making his television debut last week on the Shady Films reality series "Road to Total Slaughter," the battle rapper turned heads on Ab-Soul’s These Days… with an exte
The other week we learned of Young Thug's connection to the newly-launched 300 label. Kevin Liles, one of the label's executives, revealed that they have some sort of deal with Thugga although the exact details remain unclear.
Young Thug seems to be signing deals with just about everyone these days. Today it's being reported that Thugga is signed to the independent label 300, helmed by Lyor Cohe and Todd Moscowitz.
Rihanna has been with Def Jam since 2005, a deal she signed when Jay Z was still behind the label. In fact, as the story goes, Hov apparently wouldn't let Rihanna leave the room before putting some ink on the contract.
YG has seen plenty of success with his debut album My Krazy Life, and some of this success is due to the catchy, new West Coast sound provided by YG's partner in crime, DJ Mustard.
Nas Signs Boldy James On Newly-Launched Mass Appeal Imprint [Update: Boldy James Denies Signing To Mass Appeal] Apr 18, 2014 at 04:12pm
Boldy James is one of the illest rappers you probably haven't listened to yet, but we can expect that all to change very soon now that he's got the backing of the original Illmatic MC, Nas.
Suge Knight was a guest on Arsenio Hall the other month, and while there, he made some remarks concerning both Kendrick Lamar and Game's label deals, comparing them to slavery. Game has since responded to Suge's comments, although it's doubtful we will hear a
Saigon had a lot of trouble releasing his debut album. While the record was first scheduled for a 2007 release, it didn't hit shelves until 2011.
Childish Gambino's album because the internet had some impressive first week sales, and while his ambitious and conceptual rollout for the album seemed to be quite successful, he's apparently having trouble getting his label on the same page.
Suge Knight recently appeared on Arsenio Hall and had some harsh words for the major music labels, even going as far as to compare label deals to a slavery, and specifically calling out Kendrick Lamar and Game as having "two of the worst deals in the industry.
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."4,519 Views71 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss804 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More1,461 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"12,366 Views27 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"5,259 Views46 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA2,608 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces7,642 Views35 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample9,033 Views23 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show13,497 Views22 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."17,889 Views27 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record35,194 Views143 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz23,146 Views152 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers5,605 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."38,105 Views32 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"6,007 Views19 Comments