Iggy Azalea Speaks On The Idea Of "Old White Men" Dictating Hip-Hop Culture & Music May 2, 2013 at 04:15pm
The other week Scarface spoke on the current state of hip-hop music, and the industry itself, which he sees as run by White old men, who dictate the taste of the culture.
Although V-Nasty has seen no lack of hatred towards her rap career, the Oakland native continues to pursue it, and recently inked a reported $750,000 deal with an independent label based out of Las Vegas.
Iggy Azalea talks to Karen Civil about her new deal with Island/Def Jam.Are y'all feeling this one? Did y'all catch Iggy Azalea's latest visual for Iggy Azalea "Talks Race & Culture In Hip-Hop, Illuminati & Interscope" Video?
Scarface Calls Out Music Executives For Not Caring About Craft Or Culture Of Hip-Hop Apr 25, 2013 at 10:53am
Scarface doesn't seem to like the direction hip-hop is heading, or those currently in control of it. In a new interview with Hardknock TV the Houston native explains that he thinks music executives are brainwashing a generation of hip-hop fans.
As MMG continues to expand, not only as a movement, but as a label, more help is needed to take care of the many aspects of the business.
Although most rappers nowadays think demos are a way of the past, given the accessibility of the internet, but a demo was all Lil Snupe needed to get the attention of MMG's Meek Mill.Meek Mill added Lil Snupe to his own Dream Chasers label less than an h
It's only been a few days since his departure from G.O.O.D. Music was announced, but Kid Cudi is already planning big things for his own business endeavors.
Although the name Roc Marciano may not be known in the mainstream, the indie artist is making waves underground, and will soon be making even bigger waves with his new position as VP & Director of A&R for the indie label Man Bites Dog Records.The Long Island
Young Chris Discusses Label Situation & Upcoming Collaborations With Kelly Rowland & Yo Gotti Mar 30, 2013 at 01:17pm
Producer Rico Love's artist Young Chris has seen a few label changes on his Division 1 label, which he recently explained in an interview with HHS87.The artist explained his situation, "The first deal was set up Division 1/Universal. Rico [Love] had l
Joie Manda Resigns As Def Jam President, Will Relocate To Interscope In L.A. Mar 28, 2013 at 12:08pm
It was announced today that Def Jam's President, Joie Manda, has resigned and plans to relocate back to Los Angeles. It was just a year ago that Joie took the position at Def Jam, however due to personal reasons he will be moving back to L.A.
Although Soulja Boy had one hell of a week, with three of his major social media outlets having been hacked (and not only that, the hacker deleted all Soulja's YouTube videos), not all is lost for the SODMG rapper.As Complex reports, there have been rumors c
Cash Money's has continued the expansion of their label with their new signee being a singer named Veronica.Although we first heard about her awhile back, the label has now released the Chicago/Miami native's official video for her debut single alongside 2 C
Appearing as a feature on some of the hottest recent tapes, and on the heels of dropping a successful project himself with Bricks In My Backpack 3, Troy Ave is gearing up to drop what he considers his first full album. In a recent interview he also
After dropping one of the biggest compilation albums of last year with Kiss The Ring, DJ Khaled has been enjoying immense success, but has also become weary of the pitfalls of that success, hence the name of his next project Suffering From Success. In a
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
Following in the steps of Young Jeezy who recently aligned his CTE imprint with Atlantic, Yo Gotti has reached a partnership deal between CMG and Epic Records. Gotti hinted at the merge when he posted a pic
The cross-genre appeal of hip hop has been steadily growing, and with the success of EDM collaborations, and the massive success of Psy's "Gangnam Style" this past year, labels have been expanding their rosters.
In December, after a short time with the label, Freddie Gibbs announced that he had parted ways with Young Jeezy’s CTE, and was diplomatic about the split. Now in a recent interview, Gangsta Gibbs reveals that the split with Snowman was not
Soulja Boy Has Production On "I Am Not A Human Being II" & Clarifies Interscope Situation Feb 9, 2013 at 03:32pm
Soulja Boy is a sort of polarizing figure as fans seem to fully embrace the artist, or attack his music and practices, but there is no denying the young artist’s hustle as he is always involved in a project that’s
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"384 Views12 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival964 Views10 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport2,551 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See5,519 Views62 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans1,594 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum10,087 Views88 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?6,442 Views68 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby13,055 Views51 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus11,385 Views68 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"4,180 Views30 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works359 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds7,751 Views36 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice1,924 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More5,466 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,547 Views0 Comments