After hitting up the Breakfast Club to share his own perspective on his sub-par first week sales for his debut, Major Without A Deal, the New York rapper intent on bringing 2000s rap back visited HOT 97's Ebro In The Morning.
During his performance at KMEL Summer Jam in the Bay Area, Lil Wayne decided to make a very special announcement to the crowd. "I just signed a deal with my motherfucking idol, Jay Z," Wayne declared to cheering fans.
It seemed as though SoundCloud was in a bit of trouble after it was unable to strike up a deal with Sony, meaning songs from heavy-hitting artists such as Adele and Kelly Clakson were removed from the site.
Waka Flocka has been keeping his name afloat in our daily news feed, thanks to his announcement as a 2016 presidential candidate as well as news about his upcoming album Flockaveli 2 and how he doesn't "deserve" a Kanye West feature.
Curren$y Speaks On Collaborating With Riff Raff & Wanting To Sign Joey Fatts To Jet Life Mar 9, 2015 at 05:16pm
Curren$y sat down with our boy Baker for an interview after a show the other week, and spoke on what to expect from the upcoming Pilot Talk instalment, Pilot Talk 3.
Bobby Shmurda has been locked up for the last few months, and it's become clear that his label EPIC Records, will not come rushing to his aid the way many, including the rapper himself, assumed.
Mariah Carey did not have the best 2014. Despite releasing a solid late career record, the iconic singer experienced a record low in album sales, with Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse still sitting at just over 100,000 sold.
Despite tensions running high between Lil Wayne and Birdman, and by extension, Young Money and Cash Money, YM is still keeping business alive and well, signing a new singer to their roster.
Lil Wayne On Cash Money: "I'm In A Bad Situation, But I Will Be Out Of It Soon" [Update: Wayne Says There's "Nothing Else" But Young Money] Dec 11, 2014 at 05:04pm
When Lil Wayne took to Twitter earlier this week to announce the delay of Carter V, it wasn't all that surprising. What was surprising was his vocal frustration with both the label and his mentor/father figure Birdman.
This footage has been circulating the web the past few days, although it's a bit older than that. Reportedly it's from the day Bobby Shmurda signed his major label deal with Epic Records (which happened back in July).
The independent record label Funk Volume is gearing up to host a virtual hip-hop conference, open to everyone. It'll be really easy to join, as all you need to do is sit down at your computer and check in.
T.I. Speaks On The Possibility Of Signing Troy Ave, Confirms He's "Definitely Hustle Gang" Oct 24, 2014 at 03:54pm
Troy Ave has certainly been showing up on plenty of Hustle Gang records as of late, and speculation has grown that the New York purist has signed with T.I.'s label. In an interview with Rap-Up, T.I.
Snoop Dogg caused a bit of a controversy this week, when he randomly targeted Iggy Azalea in a series of social media posts, beginning with some memes, before escalating to threats and name-calling.
The third-party news keeps coming in on Kanye West's new album. Has everyone heard it except for the masses? While 'Ye himself refuses to speak out on the album, his team has been talking every chance they get (kinda).
Rich Homie Quan was dismissed by many as a one-hit wonder early on, but with three radio hits this year alone (that's two more than Future, who he's often been compared to) he's solidified himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Daylyt has seemingly appeared at the top of the game from out of nowhere. After making his television debut last week on the Shady Films reality series "Road to Total Slaughter," the battle rapper turned heads on Ab-Soul’s These Days… with an exte
The other week we learned of Young Thug's connection to the newly-launched 300 label. Kevin Liles, one of the label's executives, revealed that they have some sort of deal with Thugga although the exact details remain unclear.
Young Thug seems to be signing deals with just about everyone these days. Today it's being reported that Thugga is signed to the independent label 300, helmed by Lyor Cohe and Todd Moscowitz.
Rihanna has been with Def Jam since 2005, a deal she signed when Jay Z was still behind the label. In fact, as the story goes, Hov apparently wouldn't let Rihanna leave the room before putting some ink on the contract.
YG has seen plenty of success with his debut album My Krazy Life, and some of this success is due to the catchy, new West Coast sound provided by YG's partner in crime, DJ Mustard.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex28 Views0 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.14,945 Views16 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"12,272 Views32 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album4,465 Views15 Comments
- All Black Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Scheduled To Release In August1,340 Views0 Comments
- Stream Key!'s Surprise 3-Track EP "No One Is Ready 3" 2,738 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Trolls Fans On Twitter With Fake Drake Diss Record43,569 Views226 Comments
- Online Petition Started To Force Funkmaster Flex To Resign From Hot 9737,049 Views76 Comments
- 50 Cent On Jay Z: "There's No L On His Record"31,976 Views82 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 20- July 2613,760 Views20 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Says He's Banned From Australia 11,284 Views51 Comments
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown8,280 Views17 Comments
- 5 Dope Tracks From Episode 2 Of OVO Sound Radio26,621 Views26 Comments
- Danny Brown Weighs In On Meek Mill & Drake's Ghostwriting Controversy35,776 Views117 Comments
- Will Smith & Jay Z To Executive Produce HBO Mini-Series8,475 Views17 Comments
You may also like...
- Malcolm Mays "Ruthless" Video413 Views