- By Kyle RooneyA tale about violence and sneakers in the Bay Area.
Kanye West left Nike to team up with Adidas and their Y-3 line, which seems like a bold move, even for such a polarizing figure. You would think given the mass appeal of the Nike Air Yeezy, that Kanye West was raking in the dough off stage, at the expense of sneakerheads. However, during a recent interview, Kanye mentioned that he never received any royalties for his involvement with Nike;
It's rare that the "Raging Bull" Air Jordan 5 gets upstaged for the most intriguing sneaker on the court. But it happened last night when, for the first time this season, we saw a player lace up the "Blackout" Air Jordan 5.
Still no "Red October" Yeezy 2's, but we do have a "Red October" Yeezy 1 courtesy of JBF Customs. According to JBF's site, the sneaker was reconstructed using two finished of genuine red python with patent leather accents and crushed velvet line, giving these kicks a somewhat romantic feel. Or maybe thats just from those rose pedals.
The only thing approaching the iconography of Michael Jordan's career is the indelible mark his Nike-Jordan Brand sneakers left on not only basketball and sneaker culture, but pop culture.
MJ has had some iconic moments in his career. But do you know what sneakers he was wearing while he made history? If not, take a look at The 10 Sneakers Worn During MJ's Iconic Moments.
Following the success of his most recent album "Indicud", music icon Kid Cudi sat down with Flaunt Magazine to talk fashion as well as some other stuff that he has had on his plate. Cudi had a small photo shoot and during the shoot he was rocking some j's and some heat for gear. The editorial is more about his life and his career as well as his inspirations, the editorial is very interesting for someone of the street wear caliber because they can understand Cudi's unique inspiration.
Wale is known for having some of the rarest kicks on the planet from samples to player exclusives. A few days ago he posted this first pic to his Instagram.
I will say, this room does have a wide variety of kicks from the Iman Shumpert x Packer Shoes collab to the Platinum Air Yeezy 2.
The Doernbecher Jordan 4 will be re-releasing this summer, to the joy/hate of many sneakerheads. Following the Doernbecher Jordan 3 re-release, the Doernbecher Jordan 4 is slated for an August drop, though the exact date is not yet known. Designed by Isaiah Scott in 2011, this retro features an icy sole with comic book details, going with the overall Superman theme. Selling out immeadiately after launch, this shoe has quickly become one of the most sought after, and most faked, Jordan retros of all time.
Weather or not you like Big Sean's music, you have to admit he has an eye for style. To follow his last collab with Adidas, an all red Pro Model with gold accents that dropped last winter, he will be releasing a black colorway of the same shoe. The shoe features a snakeskin texture all over the entire kick, which makes it stand out from the crowd. The release date is set to be the week of August 27, the same week Big Sean's new album will drop. The shoe is rumored to be extremly rare, a similarity with the first shoe Big Sean worked on. So whats your choice? Pass or cop?
Eminem will forever go down as one of the greatest rap artists of all time, and his career has yet to be concluded. While his music is celebrated and praised, people often forget about his long time work with Nike, creating some of the most unique and sought after shoes of all time. Today, we are privleged to peek into the closet of JD Beltran, who has not only great variety of in his collection, but great exclusitively as well.
Since its original release in 1995, fans of both Reebok and The Big Aristotle himself have been clamoring for a re-release. Ealier this year, their cries were answered, as Reebok teased images of a Shaqnosis retro that were scheduled for a 2013 re-release. Finally, the day came, and as the online shop link dropped at 12:00 am sharp this Friday, thousands rushed to the site for their chance to own an iconic shoe. The Shaqnosis sold out in all sizes over the course of a half an hour, and Twitter feeds exploded with sneakerheads celebrating their most recent pickup.
Trinidad James is by no means reserved when it comes to fashion. You might see him in an all over gold print shirt, or wearing HBA with motocross pants (we don't get it either). However last night James broke out a fresh new pair of Shadow Jordan 1s, and broke a sneaker commandment. Pictured above, you can see the extra grey lace bag still attached to the shoe.
Lebron James hasn't just been the MVP with his play on the court, but has arguably been the MVP of the sneaker game this season. However, when you are "The King", you aren't judged on your regular season performance, but whether or not you bring your game in the postseason. The same standard of excellence should be used by sneakerheads when evaluating the kicks he rocks on the court. So how good has King James sneaker game been when it really counts? We rank his top 5 kicks of the postseason thus far. Make sure to comment if you agree or disagree!
We've seen our fair share of custom kicks this year, but artist Freehand Profit takes sneaker art to an entirely new level. In the spirit of May 4rth, a day recognized as "national Star Wars day," he's debuted some of his most creative custom masks yet! May the fourth be with you!
This week brought a spectacular LeBron X Custom from Kickasso Kustom Sneakers. First teased on his Instagram account early in the week, the Lebron X custom uses the "Prism" colorway as a base. The upper has been carefully painted to capture the crevasses one would expect to see on a space rock, and the purple speckling conjures up images of a distant galaxy.
Throughout the years we have seen an assortment of Jordan Fusions rise and fall. Remember the Jordan Dub Zero? How about the CMFT 13s? Forgettable as past fusions have been, there have been some success stories. The Jordan Spizike for instance, combining elements of the Jordan III, IV, VI, IX and XX, continues to have new colorways release every year, many of which end up selling out. Yet with each new year comes a new Jordan Fusion, and 2012 saw the birth of the Jordan Son of Mars.
- Watch HNHH "Sexy Behind The Scenes with Bernice Burgos" Video - it's the latest video from HNHH, having dropped on Friday, April 19th, 2013. HNHH's musical situation is improving with every new release, and HNHH "Sexy Behind The Scenes with Bernice Burgos" Video will most definitely help the cause. It's a fine addition to the growing body of work HNHH has been developing since stepping foot in the game. We're looking forward to what HNHH has in store.
- Check out Juelz Santana "Talks Massive Sneaker Collection" Video, the latest video from Juelz Santana, released on Friday, March 29th, 2013. Juelz Santana's chances in this game are improving with each new release, and Juelz Santana "Talks Massive Sneaker Collection" Video is no exception - quite the opposite, in fact. It's a nice addition to the impressive catalogue Juelz Santana has been building over the years. We're definitely anticipating the next move.
- By Mike De LeonPeep Big Sean Feat. French Montana, Corey Shapiro "Vintage Frames (Behind The Scenes)" Video, the latest visual from Big Sean. It dropped on Thursday, March 7th, 2013. Big Sean's future brightens with every new release, and Big Sean Feat. French Montana, Corey Shapiro "Vintage Frames (Behind The Scenes)" Video certainly isn't an exception. It's a fitting addition to a solid catalogue that Big Sean has been developing since stepping foot in the game. We're excited to hear more.
- By Mike De LeonAs a new site segment for the weekends, HNHH Lifestyle introduces readers to different aspects of everyday life, whether it be gear, fashion trends, dining out, gadgets or any other cool stuff we come across. As diverse as our lifestyles may be, we want you to share your opinions and suggestions for future segments. Join the conversation in the comments section and let us know what you think.