Bay Area singer Kehlani has come a long way since last year's Cloud 19 tape (our main entry point to her music), signing with Atlantic, touring relentlessly and showing marked improvement on this spring's You Should Be Here.
One of the many highlights on Kehlani's April album You Should Be Here is "The Way," a sensual jam featuring Chance The Rapper.
Kehlani has been on a roll lately, picking up steam as one to watch. Following the singer's well-received You Should Be Here project she announced a tour of the U.S.
DJ Base shares his West XL compilation mixtape, featuring songs from of the best known artists coming out of the west coast. Visual artist Kyro Ink puts a twist on XXL's Freshman Class cover for the tape's cover art.
Kehlani just shared her new mixtape, You Should Be Here, and while it's difficult to choose a favorite, "Jealous" is certainly one of the most immediate records of the bunch.
Since it began a few years ago, Adidas and Yours Truly's "Songs From Scratch" series has brought together artists from different corners of the music world, plopped them in a studio together, and then released the resulting tracks.
Kehlani took a note from Drake last month, releasing her new mixtape, You Should Be Here, through iTunes. Shortly thereafter, she announced a deal with Atlantic Records, confirming her move to the big leagues.
This wasn't a very exciting week for rap on the charts. Over the last couple cycles we've seen the same albums slowly descending, with Drake being the only record to have a second wind in recent weeks.
Oakland-singer Kehlani has been building a very strong fan base and buzz over the past year, thank in part to her Cloud 19 debut and many other impressive freebies she’s shared along the way.
After providing you with smoke-worthy material on 4/20, we're moving on to the internet's Wednesday obsession, #WCW. In celebration of Woman Crush Wednesday, we've compiled some notable records from a few of our favorite female rappers and singers.
Introduced to most of us via her dope Cloud 19 tape last summer, Bay Area native Kehlani has kept her grind strong since then, now gearing up to release a follow-up on April 28th.
The chugging 80s synth line has been a consistent force in pop radio over the last few months, from Ariana Grande's "Love Me Harder," to Nick Jonas' "Jealous," to Taylor Swift's "Style," it might be the year's most proven hit-making technique next to a chunky
After a brief hiatus, Underrated Audio is back. We're back on our mission to supply you with exciting new music you may have missed upon initial browsing, from artists who haven't quite broken the mainstream. The talent is there, the quality uncut.
This time last week, we had no idea that Tyler, The Creator and Young Thug would be giving us new projects by the end of April, but I guess that's how things work now.
Kehlani is destined for big things, with every new release, her upcoming project, You Should Be Here, seems to get a little more special. "Jealous" is the latest offering from the record, and as we've already seen with the singer's impressive Cloud 19&nbs
Since releasing her Cloud 19 mixtape last summer, Kehlani's following has been growing at a staggering rate, but as she reveals in her new "On The Come Up" segment, that's far from the whole story. In our exclusive interview, The L.A.
With her Cloud 19 mixtape, Oakland's Kehlani turned a lot of heads last year. The singer's now affiliated with Iamsu!'s HBK Gang crew, and starting her own "Tsunami Mob" movement.
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow642 Views6 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"464 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks7,402 Views27 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"3,003 Views5 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 2,798 Views30 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account17,349 Views41 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments6,048 Views29 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter21,168 Views52 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 297,871 Views63 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account24,605 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville53,719 Views65 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA17,126 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)5,997 Views26 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"28,754 Views121 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"5,691 Views14 Comments