XL Recordings is celebrating their 20-year anniversary with the release of a new compilation, XL Chapter VI. The album features music from a range of XL-signed artists, each providing us with a dose of what they do best.
Peanut butter and jelly will always be a classic sandwich. Although T.I., Young Thug and Young Dro recently came together for the banger "Peanutbutter Jelly," Childish takes a completely different approach with his own, "Grilled PB&J." They're both re
Mick Jenkins and Vic Spencer -- two talented rappers out of Chicago -- recently got into it on Twitter over what appeared to be some scene politics.
The Odd Future-affiliated duo of Syd Tha Kyd and Matt Martians, also known as The Internet, already have production chops for days, as evidenced by their projects Purple Naked Ladies and Live From Space, a release they did with Mac Miller.
Whether producing for rappers, creating standalone originals or remixing previously-related tracks, Montreal's Kaytranada has proven himself to be one of the most adept, hip-hop-leaning electronic musicians in the game.
It's been slightly over a month since we premiered Mick Jenkins stand-out mixtape The Water[s], but with water (and gingerale) being some of Mick's favorite topics, the theme continues today with "Rain." Mick connects with Kaytranada for a lulling beat which s
As an electronic producer, Kaytranada's music has always been a little indebted to hip-hop and R&B, despite its faster tempos and occasional use of EDM signifiers. He's even produced for rappers such as GoldLink, Vic Mensa and (most surprisingly) Mobb Deep.
Montreal native Kaytranada decided to offer up a fresh mix of Pharrell's infectious single "Happy." The producer gives the single new life by making it percussion heavy and adding many more layers to the instrumentation, while all the while keeping it upbeat s
Producer Kaytranada, a Montreal native, is making moves. The remix artist recently took a trip to NYC, and while there he was invited to the Red Bull Studios where he happened to have a recording session with none other than the infamous Mobb Deep.
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"4,464 Views119 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"1,850 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th7,219 Views31 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20164,855 Views23 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"9,784 Views48 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption16,495 Views68 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together13,626 Views78 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist7,080 Views18 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino4,858 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label7,184 Views27 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,427 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans6,080 Views31 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald8,067 Views51 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"21,770 Views79 Comments
- Jamie Foxx "In Love By Now" Video668 Views
- Lil Wayne "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape Trailer11,957 Views
- Word On The Street: Thanksgiving Edition2,747 Views