We seem to be hitting somewhat of a lull in the album release cycle, with some big drops coming in June and July (Lil Durk, Migos, Frank Ocean), but no huge ones coming in this week or the next (unless we actually do get Chance The Rapper's Donnie Trumpet &
It was originally reported that Coachella would pull a fast one on the people of Earth by not live-streaming Drake's set. Thankfully, this is no longer the case.
With the evolution of producer software, everyone can make beats on their computer. It doesn't take a lot of money or studio time to learn how to chop up samples, loop drum patterns, and create something great.
Save Money's own Towkio has been impressing us with the turnt cuts he's been dropping ahead of his upcoming project .Wav Theory, so we had to catch up with him at SXSW to get the scoop on it.
The Odd Future-affiliated duo of Syd Tha Kyd and Matt Martians, also known as The Internet, already have production chops for days, as evidenced by their projects Purple Naked Ladies and Live From Space, a release they did with Mac Miller.
Whether producing for rappers, creating standalone originals or remixing previously-related tracks, Montreal's Kaytranada has proven himself to be one of the most adept, hip-hop-leaning electronic musicians in the game.
BADBADNOTGOOD is a jazz trio of young guys who met in 2010 while attending Humber Music College in Toronto, Ontario.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
It's been slightly over a month since we premiered Mick Jenkins stand-out mixtape The Water[s], but with water (and gingerale) being some of Mick's favorite topics, the theme continues today with "Rain." Mick connects with Kaytranada for a lulling beat which s
As an electronic producer, Kaytranada's music has always been a little indebted to hip-hop and R&B, despite its faster tempos and occasional use of EDM signifiers. He's even produced for rappers such as GoldLink, Vic Mensa and (most surprisingly) Mobb Deep.
Allow us to introduce The Celestics, an emerging hip-hop duo out of Montréal, Québec consisting of brothers Kevin (producer/DJ Kaytranada) and Louis-Philippe (emcee Louie P) Celestin. Get to know them better by watching the interview we've embedded below.
- Azealia Banks Is Starring In A New RZA Movie Called "Coco"2 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist75 Views1 Comment
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award4,422 Views49 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 3,825 Views20 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour581 Views5 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"2,841 Views18 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP678 Views7 Comments
- Young Thug Says His Next Mixtape Will Be Called "Tha Carter V"13,922 Views132 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Celebrate Trip To NBA Finals With A 'Flicka Da Wrist' Video1,680 Views0 Comments
- Lil B Accuses Chedda Da Connect Of Stealing His Swag On "Flicka Da Wrist"5,230 Views28 Comments
- Frank Ocean Uploads Mysterious Empty Playlist To SoundCloud6,784 Views23 Comments
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"2,568 Views32 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals3,616 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour4,742 Views8 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"4,605 Views6 Comments
You may also like...
- The Weeknd "The Hills" Video15,631 Views