The Odd Future-affiliated duo of Syd Tha Kyd and Matt Martians, also known as The Internet, already have production chops for days, as evidenced by their projects Purple Naked Ladies and Live From Space, a release they did with Mac Miller.
Whether producing for rappers, creating standalone originals or remixing previously-related tracks, Montreal's Kaytranada has proven himself to be one of the most adept, hip-hop-leaning electronic musicians in the game.
BADBADNOTGOOD is a jazz trio of young guys who met in 2010 while attending Humber Music College in Toronto, Ontario.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
It's been slightly over a month since we premiered Mick Jenkins stand-out mixtape The Water[s], but with water (and gingerale) being some of Mick's favorite topics, the theme continues today with "Rain." Mick connects with Kaytranada for a lulling beat which s
As an electronic producer, Kaytranada's music has always been a little indebted to hip-hop and R&B, despite its faster tempos and occasional use of EDM signifiers. He's even produced for rappers such as GoldLink, Vic Mensa and (most surprisingly) Mobb Deep.
Allow us to introduce The Celestics, an emerging hip-hop duo out of Montréal, Québec consisting of brothers Kevin (producer/DJ Kaytranada) and Louis-Philippe (emcee Louie P) Celestin. Get to know them better by watching the interview we've embedded below.
Montreal native Kaytranada decided to offer up a fresh mix of Pharrell's infectious single "Happy." The producer gives the single new life by making it percussion heavy and adding many more layers to the instrumentation, while all the while keeping it upbeat s
Producer Kaytranada, a Montreal native, is making moves. The remix artist recently took a trip to NYC, and while there he was invited to the Red Bull Studios where he happened to have a recording session with none other than the infamous Mobb Deep.
This week was a good one for hip-hop. The BET Hip-Hop Awards delivered cyphers from plenty of rappers, and Curren$y hopped on a track with his former YMCMB bosses, Lil Wayne and Birdman, which was pretty cool.
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 547 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?4,786 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title12,383 Views36 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt7,308 Views20 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 3,531 Views16 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More9,930 Views31 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?8,003 Views22 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots2,443 Views14 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"11,432 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA769 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco2,996 Views11 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet419 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin8,974 Views38 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"1,906 Views5 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft9,270 Views18 Comments