Jay Z’s Black Album is an objective classic. When Jay announced that the follow-up to his Blueprints was going to be his last record ever, the hype reached a rapid boil. He employed all of his best collaborators for beats, and featured no other rappers.
Jay Z’s sixth studio album is widely considered to be his best. The Blueprint is one of the great hip-hop albums of all time, complete with beefy drama, defiant production, and some of the best work from one of rap’s GOATs.
Where to begin? Last night saw people from nearly every corner of hip hop (and even some pop mainstays) engaging in a widespread online conflict, oddly enough kicked off by some tweets exchanged between Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
Underrated Audio is back on our mission to supply you with exciting new music you may have missed upon initial browsing, from artists who haven't quite broken the mainstream. The talent is there, the quality uncut.
We live in strange times — times where 42-year-old OGs beef on Instagram with Australian pop rap artists in their 20s. This ain't fiction: Snoop Dogg and Iggy Azalea were going at it.
On September 30th, Saigon will release the third installment of his Greatest Story Never Told series, GSNT 3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard. Today, the NY rapper has given us the album's artwork and tracklist.
There was no simmering MMG beef to light up the hip-hop conversation this week and unfortunately Meek Mill is still in jail. But life still goes on in this week's 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week.
Just Blaze Says Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Almost Featured "Song Cry Part 2" Aug 21, 2013 at 02:31pm
Jay Z and Just Blaze are a pretty unstoppable team. Blaze is responsible for both "U Don't Know" and "Interlude," two of Jay's most punishing bangers, but also supplied the sweet, soul-sampling beat for "Song Cry".
Just Blaze Speaks On Kendrick's "Control" Verse & Having Three Beats For Drake Aug 15, 2013 at 12:09am
Kendrick Lamar had the internet on fire Tuesday night thanks to his verse on Big Sean's "Control" track.
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th4,501 Views24 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20163,487 Views15 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"6,910 Views38 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption13,274 Views66 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together10,892 Views67 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist5,823 Views17 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino4,131 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label5,904 Views27 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,121 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans5,085 Views28 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald7,623 Views50 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"20,752 Views79 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4018,484 Views78 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot10,418 Views40 Comments