The backyard patio at Alife in Manhattan's Lower East Side reeked of weed and anticipation as hundreds of fans patiently waited for Jay Rock to come out and share 90059, the culmination of four years of hard work.
Jay Rock has decided to take a unique approach with the release strategy for his sophomore album 90059.
Jay Rock's "90059" Release Date Will Be Determined By The Number Of Pre-Orders Aug 19, 2015 at 07:32pm
Pretty much every detail of Jay Rock's upcoming album, 90059, has been made available, but so far, the release date has been nowhere to be found.
At a 90059 listening party in LA over the weekend, Jay Rock revealed that the album would feature a brand new Black Hippy posse cut called "Vice City." There hasn't been such a collaboration since 2013's "U.O.E.N.O.
Good news fam, Jay Rock’s long awaited sophomore album finally has a title. Taking to twitter Friday night, Jay Rock revealed that his highly anticipated album will be called 90059, the zip code to his L.A. hometown.
The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
ScHoolboy Q has been uncharacteristically quiet since the release of his debut physical album, Oxymoron, last year, surprisingly not even making an appearance on Kendrick Lamar's recent album, To Pimp A Butterfly.
After Kendrick Lamar delivered upon the immense anticipation surrounding his third album, To Pimp a Butterfly, the follow-up to 2012's game-changing good kid, M.A.A.D city, it looks like the next album out of the TDE camp will come from Jay Rock, who
After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
TDE Boss Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Will Sell One Million In A Week Mar 14, 2015 at 10:08pm
We just got the tracklist for Kendrick Lamar's upcoming album, To Pimp a Butterfly, which will be released on March 23.
Los Angeles-based Jay Rock signed to Top Dawg Entertainment in 2007, long before "Money Trees" were providing Grammy-nominated types of shade. The rapper, real name Johnny Reed McKinzie, Jr.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
While we anxiously await Ab-Soul's new album, These Days..., which officially drops in four days, TDE's CEO took to Twitter to answer a few questions fans had about the LP and in the process he revealed (or at least hinted at) who will be dropping the next pro
TDE's Black Hippy recently graced the cover of XXL magazine, following which Ab-Soul took to Twitter to express his disdain for the fact that XXL went with the headline "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy..." Now ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock have joined in with Soulo's
Ab-Soul & Jay Rock Speak On Their Similarities & Differences, Rapping For Fun Oct 30, 2013 at 02:02pm
While rolling in a pretty tight-knit crew, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock couldn't be more different. While Jay Rock favors mean-mug west-coast street rap, Soulo is known to create smoked-out, conspiracy theory-laden cuts.
Kendrick Lamar has made a lot of noise on his own in the last year or so, particularly in the last week. The rapper is in the business for more than just himself however, as he's always had his Black Hippy crew in tow.
As TDE's Black Hippy crew, consisting of Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock, continue their music industry takeover, they've landed the cover of hip-hop magazine RESPECT. The issue hits newsstands on April 30th. Check out the cover above. [via]
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow2,226 Views13 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid29,694 Views98 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"12,825 Views85 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them15,386 Views54 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 305,191 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week12,891 Views70 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy4,817 Views21 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"6,385 Views22 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences5,764 Views19 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates9,976 Views47 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon7,095 Views35 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs21,362 Views61 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever7,677 Views43 Comments
- Kanye West Is Willing To Help The Man Who Is Trying To Trade His Yeezys For A Kidney6,360 Views0 Comments