The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
After touring with Pete Rock all spring, Slum Village are almost ready to drop their new album Yes!. The album is set for commercial release on June 16th, but arrives a bit early today with a stream on their Soundcloud.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
There are few artists who can make seriously great hip-hop albums that are captivating and cohesive for the entirety of their duration. However, those who do understand the medium do it really, really well, time and time again.
The Pharcyde is a Los Angeles hip hop group originally comprised of four members: Imani (Emandu Wilcox), Slimkid3 (Trevant Hardson), Bootie Brown (Romye Robinson), and Fatlip (Derrick Stewart). Today they cary on with just Imani and Bootie Brown.
While the Dilla Day celebration was already announced to be taking place in Miami this year as a full weekend,it's now announced to be taking place in Los Angeles as well.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Though he passed too early, J Dilla's legacy continues to live on.
Detroit rap group Slum Village has certainly endured a lot in its 18 years. Members have tragically passed on, while others have left the group for various reasons. T3 is the only original member left.
Stream The Yancey Boys' New "Sunset Blvd" Album, Composed Entirely Of Unheard J Dilla Beats Oct 29, 2013 at 11:35am
For those unfamiliar, The Yancey Boys are a Detroit duo consisting of Frank Nitt and Illa J, the younger brother of legendary emcee/beatsmith J Dilla.
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs10,567 Views48 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech43,327 Views188 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow18,862 Views62 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,449 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks19,823 Views51 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"6,037 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 5,153 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account30,106 Views54 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments9,859 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter28,578 Views60 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 2911,135 Views64 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account27,411 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville58,794 Views71 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA19,507 Views34 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)7,422 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video581 Views