The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
After touring with Pete Rock all spring, Slum Village are almost ready to drop their new album Yes!. The album is set for commercial release on June 16th, but arrives a bit early today with a stream on their Soundcloud.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
There are few artists who can make seriously great hip-hop albums that are captivating and cohesive for the entirety of their duration. However, those who do understand the medium do it really, really well, time and time again.
The Pharcyde is a Los Angeles hip hop group originally comprised of four members: Imani (Emandu Wilcox), Slimkid3 (Trevant Hardson), Bootie Brown (Romye Robinson), and Fatlip (Derrick Stewart). Today they cary on with just Imani and Bootie Brown.
While the Dilla Day celebration was already announced to be taking place in Miami this year as a full weekend,it's now announced to be taking place in Los Angeles as well.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Though he passed too early, J Dilla's legacy continues to live on.
Detroit rap group Slum Village has certainly endured a lot in its 18 years. Members have tragically passed on, while others have left the group for various reasons. T3 is the only original member left.
Stream The Yancey Boys' New "Sunset Blvd" Album, Composed Entirely Of Unheard J Dilla Beats Oct 29, 2013 at 11:35am
For those unfamiliar, The Yancey Boys are a Detroit duo consisting of Frank Nitt and Illa J, the younger brother of legendary emcee/beatsmith J Dilla.
- Lil Wayne Announces Lil Weezyana Fest, Hot Boys Reunion8,916 Views41 Comments
- Future On New Album: "The World Is Ready"9,856 Views83 Comments
- John Wall Debuts His Next Signature Sneaker, The Adidas J Wall 21,968 Views0 Comments
- Reddit User Claims To Have Recorded All Of Kanye West's "SWISH"12,582 Views51 Comments
- The Streaming "Game Of Thrones": Drake & Apple Music Vs. Jay-Z & TIDAL13,341 Views67 Comments
- YG Shares Post-Shooting Crotch Shot On Instagram10,714 Views19 Comments
- Joe Budden Clarifies Remarks On Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj11,244 Views17 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces New Single, Takes Kids On Surprise Field Trip4,775 Views20 Comments
- 10 California Locations Mentioned On Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"2,647 Views16 Comments
- Ciara & Russell Wilson Are Abstaining From Sex10,658 Views64 Comments
- Kelly Rowland Joins The Cast Of "Empire"2,577 Views9 Comments
- Behind The Beat: TM884,148 Views19 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar's Next Reebok Collab Tries To Unite Gang Members3,996 Views0 Comments
- Papoose & Remy Ma To Join Cast Of "Love & Hip-Hop"4,638 Views26 Comments
You may also like...