The hip hop crew is an essential part of success. Whether big or small, every rapper has an entourage.
Wu-Tang Clan soulquarians Common Erykah Badu D'Angelo death row Young Money cash money Black Hippy Kendrick Lamar ScHoolboy Q Jay Rock Ab-Soul Method Man GZA RZA Raekwon Ghostface Killah stones throw Madlib J Dilla peanut butter wolf G-Unit Lloyd Banks 50 Cent bad boy p diddy Diddy Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre Suge Knight d12 Eminem Proof Bizarre dungeon family OutKast goodie mobb cee-lo Andre 3000 Big Boi
After touring with Pete Rock all spring, Slum Village are almost ready to drop their new album Yes!. The album is set for commercial release on June 16th, but arrives a bit early today with a stream on their Soundcloud.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
In a couple weeks, Slum Village will release their new album Yes!, featuring guest appearances and production from J Dilla, BJ the Chicago Kid, Jon Connor, Phife Dawg, Bilal, J Ivy, and others.
There are few artists who can make seriously great hip-hop albums that are captivating and cohesive for the entirety of their duration. However, those who do understand the medium do it really, really well, time and time again.
The Pharcyde is a Los Angeles hip hop group originally comprised of four members: Imani (Emandu Wilcox), Slimkid3 (Trevant Hardson), Bootie Brown (Romye Robinson), and Fatlip (Derrick Stewart). Today they cary on with just Imani and Bootie Brown.
While the Dilla Day celebration was already announced to be taking place in Miami this year as a full weekend,it's now announced to be taking place in Los Angeles as well.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Though he passed too early, J Dilla's legacy continues to live on.
Slum Village are readying a free EP, Vintage, for release later this year. They've previously shared "We On The Go," which featured Black Milk and Frank Nitt, and now they've unveiled the similarly-titled "We On," starring Kam Covert on the hook.
Stones Throw Records is a label responsible for many classic albums from underground artists, including Madlib, MF DOOM and of course J Dilla. Founded in 1996, it's built a well-respected reputation of putting out high quality rap from oft-slept-on MCs.
Veteran DJ/producer House Shoes, who also happens to be Detroit's Hip-Hop Ambassador To The World, is currently hosting a J Dilla remix challenge, inviting participants to flip the late producer's "Electric Piano Solo" interlude, from his 1997 EP Unreleased.
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 286,026 Views4 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K10,765 Views32 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"7,419 Views29 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music5,622 Views36 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol10,384 Views30 Comments
- Stream Main Attrakionz "808s & Dark Grapes III" & Read Our Interview With The Duo2,893 Views2 Comments
- Dwyane Wade Opts Out Of His Contract With The Miami Heat, Will Become A Free Agent2,161 Views0 Comments
- Method Man Reveals "The Meth Lab" Tracklist4,241 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bailed On BET Awards After He Was Cut From Main Stage12,770 Views32 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Shades Britney Spears Over Lacklustre "Pretty Girls" Single8,400 Views29 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Young Thug Vs. Rich Homie Quan10,627 Views31 Comments
- Forbes' Highest-Paid Celebrities List Features Diddy, Jay Z, Drake & More19,048 Views44 Comments
- Stream The Internet's Album "Ego Death"3,437 Views5 Comments
- Complete List Of 2015 BET Awards Winners10,345 Views25 Comments
- Stream Meek Mill's New Album "Dreams Worth More Than Money"51,661 Views133 Comments