The Pharcyde is a Los Angeles hip hop group originally comprised of four members: Imani (Emandu Wilcox), Slimkid3 (Trevant Hardson), Bootie Brown (Romye Robinson), and Fatlip (Derrick Stewart). Today they cary on with just Imani and Bootie Brown.
While the Dilla Day celebration was already announced to be taking place in Miami this year as a full weekend,it's now announced to be taking place in Los Angeles as well.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Run The Jewels are earning critical-acclaim from just about every major publication for their new Run The Jewels 2 LP, but the biggest story to come from their fan appreciation night came from an entirely different hip-hop act: Nas.
Though he passed too early, J Dilla's legacy continues to live on.
Slum Village are readying a free EP, Vintage, for release later this year. They've previously shared "We On The Go," which featured Black Milk and Frank Nitt, and now they've unveiled the similarly-titled "We On," starring Kam Covert on the hook.
Stones Throw Records is a label responsible for many classic albums from underground artists, including Madlib, MF DOOM and of course J Dilla. Founded in 1996, it's built a well-respected reputation of putting out high quality rap from oft-slept-on MCs.
Veteran DJ/producer House Shoes, who also happens to be Detroit's Hip-Hop Ambassador To The World, is currently hosting a J Dilla remix challenge, inviting participants to flip the late producer's "Electric Piano Solo" interlude, from his 1997 EP Unreleased.
Detroit rap group Slum Village has certainly endured a lot in its 18 years. Members have tragically passed on, while others have left the group for various reasons. T3 is the only original member left.
We haven't had a leak from Sean Price in a minute, since he dropped the hilariously-titled "N*ggerific" back in December, which you can stream here if you missed it.
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine1,385 Views21 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)4,096 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL7,413 Views44 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape18,361 Views48 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,581 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans3,895 Views8 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,425 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,727 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death22,707 Views53 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God6,233 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,800 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album33,023 Views155 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon12,020 Views61 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,321 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,386 Views17 Comments