Angie Martinez shocked most of us when she announced she'd be making the leap from New York radio station Hot 97 to their main competitor, Power 105.1, but everyone seemed to leave on good terms.
Lupe Fiasco's big break came from his appearance on Kanye West's song, "Touch The Sky", so it's surprising to hear he wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to get on a 'Ye record at the time.
Pusha T Is Aiming for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year" Once Again With "King Push" Jul 2, 2014 at 01:22pm
Pusha T's My Name Is My Name was certainly well-received, but in a year with plenty of great and divisive albums (Yeezus, Nothing was The Same, etc.), it was hard to make a call on a unanimous album of the year.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
A few days ago, news broke that Rick Ross had been turned away from a show in Detroit, indicating that he was barred from entry to a venue by local rapper Trick Trick and his crew.
It's been close to 15 years since D'angelo released his game-changing sophomore album, Voodoo, and while the long overdue follow-up has been hinted at since 2007, it seems it may finally come to fruition this year.
It's that time again, when we introduce you to a new rapper who will soon be making waves in the rap game. After meeting WELL$ back in May, next up for a formal introduction is Calfornia's Boogie.
Dame Dash has been on an Instagram tirade over the last little while, taking every opportunity to industry figures such as Joie Manda, Lyor Cohen, Steve Stoute, and Funkmaster Flex.
Logic has a very loyal fanbase, but with a lot of stans, comes a lot impatience. The Maryland Rapper was planning to drop an EP as a warm up for his debut album, but his fans can't seem to wait for the full length project.
T.I. has some ambitious plans for his upcoming LP, Paperwork. The Atlanta rapper recently revealed that the album would be split into three parts, with the first dropping this summer.
Iggy Azalea Reveals New Single With Rita Ora, Gives Booty Advice At Summer Jam Jun 3, 2014 at 03:30pm
Iggy Azalea currently has the top two songs in America-- her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem", and of course her breakout single "Fancy".
Ab-Soul began 2014 a little roughly with the frustrating delay of his forthcoming album These Days..., but after threatening to leak the project earlier this month, it seems like he's patched things up with his label.
Jarren Benton hasn't dropped a new project since My Grandmother's Basement last June, and he also hasn't dropped much in the way of new music either. That's not to say the (weirdest) member of Funk Volume hasn't kept himself busy.
As of late, the rap world's been buzzing with opinions about the most alien of the ATLiens, Young Thug.
50 Cent "Couldn't Get Past" The Thought That Donald Sterling's Girlfriend "Betrayed" Him May 22, 2014 at 07:11pm
Many rappers have weighed in on the Donald Sterling controversy, the majority of which have been furious with the former Clippers owner over his racist comments.
Lil Boosie Says "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell" Is The Best Double Disc Album Since "All Eyez On Me" May 20, 2014 at 01:07pm
Lil Boosie has certainly been a hot topic since his release from prison in January. While the Baton Rouge rapper has been steadily releasing tracks since becoming a free man, the majority of the hype falls upon his upcoming album, Touchdown 2 Cause Hell.
Fans are still eagerly anticipating Logic's debut LP, and while the project is still without a release date, he's made sure to keep his loyal following satisfied with an influx of new material.
After releasing his widely-acclaimed mixtape Faces last weekend, Mac Miller phoned in to Billboard's "The Juice" podcast to discuss the new project, his drug use and his collaborations. Check out the full 33 minute podcast at the bottom of the page.
Quick5: Logic Talks XXL Freshmen, The NBA Playoffs, Mac Miller's "Faces" Mixtape May 15, 2014 at 01:35pm
For those just tuning in, "Quick5" is our new lightning-quick interview series, during which we'll be asking artists whatever five (quick) questions happen to be on our minds, each exchange clocking in at under two minutes.
- Kanye West Changes His Album Title5,706 Views21 Comments
- See The Tracklist To Jamie Foxx's "Hollywood: A Story Of A Dozen Roses"1,711 Views8 Comments
- Beyonce Signs 3 Teenagers For $1.5 Million6,214 Views12 Comments
- Review: Raekwon's "Fly International Luxurious Art"2,529 Views21 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Performs "See You Again" & "We Dem Boyz" On SNL4,447 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Raised Over $600K On Kickstarter For Their New Album6,736 Views38 Comments
- Barter 6 Producer Wheezy Wants To Work With Lil Wayne26,161 Views61 Comments
- Lyrical Allegiance: Picking Pacquiao/Mayweather Sides Through Song11,862 Views29 Comments
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His Lawsuit10,200 Views23 Comments
- Jay Z, Drake & Eminem Are Among Billboard's "Money-Makers" Of 201433,735 Views22 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2nd 8,242 Views14 Comments
- Tyga Reportedly Owes Ex-Landlord Over $120K11,878 Views60 Comments
- Top-10 NFL Sneakerheads768 Views0 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 25 - May 1)10,600 Views6 Comments
- Chief Keef & Lil Durk Are Working On New Music19,979 Views70 Comments
You may also like...
- The Game Feat. DeJ Loaf "Ryda" Video4,008 Views