Atlanta. Just a mention of the city in hip-hop circles conjures up thoughts of trap (and maybe crunk and So So Def-style bass music if you're a bit older), a sound that's been dominating the region since T.I. first hit the scene over a decade ago.
It's easy to draw comparisons between Detroit's up-and-coming emcee Kid Vishis and his older brother Royce Da 5'9''; both emcees did grow up in the same home, with the same parents, in the same house after all.
After serving 6 years at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women, Remy Ma will finally be a free woman on July 31st. The Bronx rapper, who’s ten days out from being released, decided to call into Angie Martinez on Power 105.1 on Monday, and despite
Ramping up the press for his upcoming solo LP House Slippers, Joell Ortiz sat down with Crazy Hood to talk about his new lifestyle and how it has affected his third studio album.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
Angie Martinez shocked most of us when she announced she'd be making the leap from New York radio station Hot 97 to their main competitor, Power 105.1, but everyone seemed to leave on good terms.
Lupe Fiasco's big break came from his appearance on Kanye West's song, "Touch The Sky", so it's surprising to hear he wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to get on a 'Ye record at the time.
Pusha T Is Aiming for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year" Once Again With "King Push" Jul 2, 2014 at 01:22pm
Pusha T's My Name Is My Name was certainly well-received, but in a year with plenty of great and divisive albums (Yeezus, Nothing was The Same, etc.), it was hard to make a call on a unanimous album of the year.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
A few days ago, news broke that Rick Ross had been turned away from a show in Detroit, indicating that he was barred from entry to a venue by local rapper Trick Trick and his crew.
It's been close to 15 years since D'angelo released his game-changing sophomore album, Voodoo, and while the long overdue follow-up has been hinted at since 2007, it seems it may finally come to fruition this year.
It's that time again, when we introduce you to a new rapper who will soon be making waves in the rap game. After meeting WELL$ back in May, next up for a formal introduction is Calfornia's Boogie.
Dame Dash has been on an Instagram tirade over the last little while, taking every opportunity to industry figures such as Joie Manda, Lyor Cohen, Steve Stoute, and Funkmaster Flex.
Logic has a very loyal fanbase, but with a lot of stans, comes a lot impatience. The Maryland Rapper was planning to drop an EP as a warm up for his debut album, but his fans can't seem to wait for the full length project.
T.I. has some ambitious plans for his upcoming LP, Paperwork. The Atlanta rapper recently revealed that the album would be split into three parts, with the first dropping this summer.
Iggy Azalea Reveals New Single With Rita Ora, Gives Booty Advice At Summer Jam Jun 3, 2014 at 03:30pm
Iggy Azalea currently has the top two songs in America-- her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem", and of course her breakout single "Fancy".
Ab-Soul began 2014 a little roughly with the frustrating delay of his forthcoming album These Days..., but after threatening to leak the project earlier this month, it seems like he's patched things up with his label.
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"3,784 Views31 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece13,004 Views30 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 231,558 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak26,970 Views99 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"2,437 Views15 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women60,075 Views104 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay14,577 Views53 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco34,042 Views53 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,363 Views20 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity9,737 Views57 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend14,477 Views17 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,262 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2318,382 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums8,785 Views16 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 975,103 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video872 Views