Travi$ Scott's free album Days Before Rodeo took us by surprise but quickly became a fan-favorite. The banger-packed project solidified Travi$ Scott's position within the rap game, if it even needed solidifying in the first place.
ScHoolboy Q is still on his Oxymoron tip, but that doesn't mean he hasn't started working on his next project. We recently caught up with the West Coast native and found out the album process has begun, although it's in the early stages.
Jeezy released his 5th studio album, Seen It All this Tuesday, and while the record has been getting a pretty good reception, much of the press surrounding Jeezy has been surrounding his gun charges.
Eminem's joint tour with Rihanna "The Monster Tour" came to a close recently, and with that Shade 45 has released a special podcast they did centered around the tour, including backstage interviews from the tour with Eminem, Mr. Porter and The Alchemist.
Following the tragic killing of 18-year-old Micheal Brown, Ferguson has been in disarray. Citizens of the town have been fighting for justice, and while their protests have generally been met with excessive force from police, the uprising has been inspiring.
DJ Mustard just released his debut album, but he's already been an unstoppable presence on the charts for some time. The producer scored himself a deal with Roc Nation, and has plans to launch his own label with Ty Dolla $ign and YG in the near future.
Mick Jenkins is far from being a household name, but with just one mixtape under his belt, he's already developed an extremely distinct style and a clear vision to go along with it.
Atlanta. Just a mention of the city in hip-hop circles conjures up thoughts of trap (and maybe crunk and So So Def-style bass music if you're a bit older), a sound that's been dominating the region since T.I. first hit the scene over a decade ago.
It's easy to draw comparisons between Detroit's up-and-coming emcee Kid Vishis and his older brother Royce Da 5'9''; both emcees did grow up in the same home, with the same parents, in the same house after all.
After serving 6 years at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women, Remy Ma will finally be a free woman on July 31st. The Bronx rapper, who’s ten days out from being released, decided to call into Angie Martinez on Power 105.1 on Monday, and despite
Ramping up the press for his upcoming solo LP House Slippers, Joell Ortiz sat down with Crazy Hood to talk about his new lifestyle and how it has affected his third studio album.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
Angie Martinez shocked most of us when she announced she'd be making the leap from New York radio station Hot 97 to their main competitor, Power 105.1, but everyone seemed to leave on good terms.
Lupe Fiasco's big break came from his appearance on Kanye West's song, "Touch The Sky", so it's surprising to hear he wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to get on a 'Ye record at the time.
Pusha T Is Aiming for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year" Once Again With "King Push" Jul 2, 2014 at 01:22pm
Pusha T's My Name Is My Name was certainly well-received, but in a year with plenty of great and divisive albums (Yeezus, Nothing was The Same, etc.), it was hard to make a call on a unanimous album of the year.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 5,669 Views28 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)3,760 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week32,861 Views171 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker5,390 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash15,246 Views47 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's Lollapalooza Set Cut After He Told Fans To Jump The Barricade23,432 Views46 Comments
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill16,395 Views53 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash17,760 Views34 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music48,087 Views218 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"3,486 Views11 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series4,586 Views16 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate54,138 Views164 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)9,930 Views1 Comment
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For3,567 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"51,251 Views128 Comments