Eminem's joint tour with Rihanna "The Monster Tour" came to a close recently, and with that Shade 45 has released a special podcast they did centered around the tour, including backstage interviews from the tour with Eminem, Mr. Porter and The Alchemist.
Following the tragic killing of 18-year-old Micheal Brown, Ferguson has been in disarray. Citizens of the town have been fighting for justice, and while their protests have generally been met with excessive force from police, the uprising has been inspiring.
DJ Mustard just released his debut album, but he's already been an unstoppable presence on the charts for some time. The producer scored himself a deal with Roc Nation, and has plans to launch his own label with Ty Dolla $ign and YG in the near future.
Mick Jenkins is far from being a household name, but with just one mixtape under his belt, he's already developed an extremely distinct style and a clear vision to go along with it.
Atlanta. Just a mention of the city in hip-hop circles conjures up thoughts of trap (and maybe crunk and So So Def-style bass music if you're a bit older), a sound that's been dominating the region since T.I. first hit the scene over a decade ago.
It's easy to draw comparisons between Detroit's up-and-coming emcee Kid Vishis and his older brother Royce Da 5'9''; both emcees did grow up in the same home, with the same parents, in the same house after all.
After serving 6 years at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women, Remy Ma will finally be a free woman on July 31st. The Bronx rapper, who’s ten days out from being released, decided to call into Angie Martinez on Power 105.1 on Monday, and despite
Ramping up the press for his upcoming solo LP House Slippers, Joell Ortiz sat down with Crazy Hood to talk about his new lifestyle and how it has affected his third studio album.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
Angie Martinez shocked most of us when she announced she'd be making the leap from New York radio station Hot 97 to their main competitor, Power 105.1, but everyone seemed to leave on good terms.
Lupe Fiasco's big break came from his appearance on Kanye West's song, "Touch The Sky", so it's surprising to hear he wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to get on a 'Ye record at the time.
Pusha T Is Aiming for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year" Once Again With "King Push" Jul 2, 2014 at 01:22pm
Pusha T's My Name Is My Name was certainly well-received, but in a year with plenty of great and divisive albums (Yeezus, Nothing was The Same, etc.), it was hard to make a call on a unanimous album of the year.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
A few days ago, news broke that Rick Ross had been turned away from a show in Detroit, indicating that he was barred from entry to a venue by local rapper Trick Trick and his crew.
It's been close to 15 years since D'angelo released his game-changing sophomore album, Voodoo, and while the long overdue follow-up has been hinted at since 2007, it seems it may finally come to fruition this year.
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week70 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 2015391 Views0 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic3,570 Views21 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"1,866 Views9 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"9,112 Views88 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop2,835 Views13 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged6,321 Views29 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On761 Views0 Comments
- Natural Born Hustlers: Top 5 Rapper CEOs3,461 Views17 Comments
- RIhanna Named Best Selling Digital Artist Of All-Time4,390 Views30 Comments
- FOX News Pundit On Kendrick Lamar: Rap Does "More Damage To Young African-Americans Than Racism"11,704 Views110 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC20,343 Views48 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James6,374 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"16,378 Views26 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done7,195 Views16 Comments
You may also like...