DJ Mustard just released his debut album, but he's already been an unstoppable presence on the charts for some time. The producer scored himself a deal with Roc Nation, and has plans to launch his own label with Ty Dolla $ign and YG in the near future.
Mick Jenkins is far from being a household name, but with just one mixtape under his belt, he's already developed an extremely distinct style and a clear vision to go along with it.
Atlanta. Just a mention of the city in hip-hop circles conjures up thoughts of trap (and maybe crunk and So So Def-style bass music if you're a bit older), a sound that's been dominating the region since T.I. first hit the scene over a decade ago.
It's easy to draw comparisons between Detroit's up-and-coming emcee Kid Vishis and his older brother Royce Da 5'9''; both emcees did grow up in the same home, with the same parents, in the same house after all.
After serving 6 years at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women, Remy Ma will finally be a free woman on July 31st. The Bronx rapper, who’s ten days out from being released, decided to call into Angie Martinez on Power 105.1 on Monday, and despite
Ramping up the press for his upcoming solo LP House Slippers, Joell Ortiz sat down with Crazy Hood to talk about his new lifestyle and how it has affected his third studio album.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
Angie Martinez shocked most of us when she announced she'd be making the leap from New York radio station Hot 97 to their main competitor, Power 105.1, but everyone seemed to leave on good terms.
Lupe Fiasco's big break came from his appearance on Kanye West's song, "Touch The Sky", so it's surprising to hear he wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to get on a 'Ye record at the time.
Pusha T Is Aiming for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year" Once Again With "King Push" Jul 2, 2014 at 01:22 PM
Pusha T's My Name Is My Name was certainly well-received, but in a year with plenty of great and divisive albums (Yeezus, Nothing was The Same, etc.), it was hard to make a call on a unanimous album of the year.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
A few days ago, news broke that Rick Ross had been turned away from a show in Detroit, indicating that he was barred from entry to a venue by local rapper Trick Trick and his crew.
It's been close to 15 years since D'angelo released his game-changing sophomore album, Voodoo, and while the long overdue follow-up has been hinted at since 2007, it seems it may finally come to fruition this year.
It's that time again, when we introduce you to a new rapper who will soon be making waves in the rap game. After meeting WELL$ back in May, next up for a formal introduction is Calfornia's Boogie.
Dame Dash has been on an Instagram tirade over the last little while, taking every opportunity to industry figures such as Joie Manda, Lyor Cohen, Steve Stoute, and Funkmaster Flex.
Logic has a very loyal fanbase, but with a lot of stans, comes a lot impatience. The Maryland Rapper was planning to drop an EP as a warm up for his debut album, but his fans can't seem to wait for the full length project.
BTS Photos: Video Shoot For T.I.'s New Single "No Mediocre" With Iggy Azalea Jun 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM
T.I. has some ambitious plans for his upcoming LP, Paperwork. The Atlanta rapper recently revealed that the album would be split into three parts, with the first dropping this summer.
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 2 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion of Assault And Robbery2 Views0 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"1,159 Views9 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue2,854 Views13 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 7,237 Views23 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way8,314 Views60 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 286,884 Views29 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month4,644 Views16 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1007,339 Views81 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 3,978 Views29 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video4,254 Views18 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,451 Views8 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"4,315 Views16 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"835 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years15,805 Views39 Comments