When rappers decide on nostalgic titles for albums, they'll often choose the names of streets, landmarks or neighborhoods from their childhood, but Stevie Stone wanted to go back even further.
Stream Main Attrakionz "808s & Dark Grapes III" & Read Our Interview With The Duo Jun 29, 2015 at 04:25pm
Four summers ago, Squadda B and Mondre Man hit pay dirt with 808s & Dark Grapes II, a tape with a reputation that would very quickly outgrow its Kanye-referencing name.
T-Pain has enough hits to take care of him for the rest of his life, but with the release of The Iron Way mixtape, he proved his talent for crafting infectious hooks hasn't gone anywhere.
Travis Scott was behind the scenes for a while, but with the impending release of his debut album, Rodeo, the Houston rapper has really established himself as a solo artist. In a new interview with the L.A.
Bones & SESHOLLOWATERBOYZ Talk Fiji Water, Pretty Ricky's "Wavy" Beats & Touring With Damon Campbell
Whether or not you're familiar with the SESHOLLOWATERBOYZ, you probably heard Bones' guest spot on ASAP Rocky's A.L.L.A. Bones is just one of four members in the experimental rap crew, who spoke with Damon Campbell for HNHH while on their U.S. tour.
Rob Markman of MTV News caught up with Big K.R.I.T., OG Maco, and Soulja Boy this past weekend to ask them their thoughts on the movement to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina state house.
Before he drops his first official album, vaunted Baltimore lyricist King Los will give us God Money War tomorrow, a digital-only release from which we've already heard a few amazing tracks.
Kendrick Lamar Wrote "The Blacker The Berry" Soon After Trayvon Martin's Death Jun 21, 2015 at 03:59pm
As much as Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly has been talked about, by critics, fans, and Kendrick himself, we're still learning new things about the album each time it's brought up.
Fetty Wap blessed us with two new leaks earlier this week, "Ride or Die" and "Sum'n Quick," and he continues his industry takeover today with his very first interview with Angie Martinez over at Power 105. Fetty had a similar stint at HOT 9
Troy Ave's debut album, Major Without A Deal, did some pretty lacklustre numbers opening week. Troy is a pretty confident individual, and given that cockiness, the internet quickly tore him apart after his first week sales became public.
Interview: Vince Staples On "Summertime '06", Working With No I.D. & The Beauty Of Atlanta Rap Jun 15, 2015 at 04:46pm
Not just anyone can release a double album these days.
Kanye West Reportedly Hints That He'll Drop New Music For North West's Birthday Jun 11, 2015 at 04:53pm
Kanye West called into HOT 97 today and spoke to their on-air personality Nessa about a few things. We don't have audio from their phone call just yet, but HOT 97 has tweeted out some of the highlights as have some listeners.
After gaining some healthy buzz from his two singles "Run Ricky Run" and "Gun Fu," New York rapper Manolo Rose blessed his fans with his first mixtape, Concrete Rose, the other week.
Travis Scott made news this past weekend for confronting a cameraman and kicking him off stage during his set at Hot 97’s Summer Jam Festival Stage on Sunday afternoon.
You probably know O.T. Genasis as the new face of Busta Rhyme's Conglomerate Records. Busta's first signee, though, is another L.A. guy, J-Doe, who's had years of industry experience under his belt.
Chuck Inglish Talks "2003" & Announces Upcoming Album "Everybody's Big Brother" Jun 9, 2015 at 03:03pm
It's been slightly over a year since we heard from Chuck Inglish, with his last album Convertibles dropping in April 2014.
Well, this is random, but Kid Cudi and radio personality Angie Martinez got into some light beef on twitter last night. Cudder dug up an old interview with Angie Martinez when she was at Hot 97, and posted it on twitter with his own commentary.
You probably recognize Yazz from his starring role on the hit FOX series, Empire, where he's billed as Bryshere Y. Gray.
Before he was officially announced as a member of XXL’s 2015 Freshman class, Fetty Wap decided to make his by the Hot 97 studios to chop it up with gang from Ebro in the Morning.
- The Game Says Dr. Dre Called "The Documentary 2" The Best Rap Album In 5 Years2,953 Views37 Comments
- The 10 Best Nina Simone Samples In Hip Hop685 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Numbers For Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"9,071 Views48 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail3,747 Views18 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album5,111 Views17 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"9,944 Views108 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie2,369 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"9,496 Views20 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set7,748 Views19 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean10,760 Views102 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season3,752 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram19,413 Views62 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist6,952 Views6 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art9,556 Views48 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter35,025 Views62 Comments
You may also like...