Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
For the uninitiated, The Doppelgangaz is a grungy duo from Orange County that often raps wearing cloaks, which sounds dumb, but the fact that it is in reality clownin' is a testament to the quality of their music. They make it work.
Acclaimed Detroit producer-rapper Black Milk gave us his fifth studio album If There's A Hell Below back in October 2014, featuring appearances from Bun B, Guilty Simpson, Blu, and more.
By now, you're probably familiar with la musica de Harry Fraud.
Pete Rock doesn't have to do a damn thing these days. The producer's legacy is set in stone, but it's hard to stop someone who's so inspired by what they do. Luckily, Rock hasn't come close to losing his skill for crafting knocking instrumentals.
Don Cannon just sent us a new instrumental for all you rising artists on the site fiending beats.
Kendrick Lamar isn't often the subject of tabloid/gossip sites, however, every artist seems to encounter a lawsuit at some point or another in their rising career. K. Dot's facing a new lawsuit according to TMZ, over his Section.80 record "Rigamortis."
It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
Veteran DJ/producer House Shoes, who also happens to be Detroit's Hip-Hop Ambassador To The World, is currently hosting a J Dilla remix challenge, inviting participants to flip the late producer's "Electric Piano Solo" interlude, from his 1997 EP Unreleased.
"Cue 06" is a new instrumental single from elusive hip-hop maestro Madlib, included on the soundtrack to Stones Throw Records' new auto-documentary Our Vinyl Weighs A Ton, which is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray (with the soundtrack included) here.
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks15 Views0 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger319 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"1,662 Views16 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP295 Views5 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App2,383 Views9 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris765 Views4 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances7,180 Views16 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."11,402 Views132 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss1,644 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More2,087 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"16,053 Views29 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"6,749 Views54 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA3,119 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces8,242 Views35 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample9,387 Views23 Comments