The Weeknd dropped his highly anticipated second studio album this past Friday. After a long year of straight success, headlining music festivals like Coachella and riding the top of the charts, Abel Tesfaye aka The Weeknd really shows us another side of
We'll be seeing a lot of Drake on Charts Don't Lie for the foreseeable future. The rapper dominated the Billboard 200 last week, and after getting bumped from #1 by Imagine Dragons' new album, he's sitting comfy at #2, moving over 150k in his second week.
Now that we've spent the day listening to Drake's new album If You're Reading This It's Too Late and thoroughly dissecting it, we're presenting you with an informative graphic that breaks down the album into simple mathematics.
Some might say Suge Knight isn't having the best year, and it's only just begun. The co-founder of Death Row Records started off 2015 with a murder charge to his name, not to mention, he's suffering from a few medical issues stemming from 2014's shooting.
This week proved to be a big one for hip-hop music, with Joey Bada$$ and Lupe Fiasco dropping their respective albums on the same day (January 20th), not to mention, free projects from Trinidad James, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti and K Camp.
This week we see a few fluctuations within Charts Don't Lie, however Nicki Minaj keeps the #2 spot on lock with The Pinkprint. It's not a bad resting place per say, although we're sure #1 would have felt that much better.
This is a pretty eventful Charts Don't Lie, as we were not only anticipating first week sales for the likes of Eminem, Rick Ross, Beyonce and Iggy Azalea, but we're now seeing the streaming initiative from Billboard in full effect.
This week on the charts proves to be rather uneventful, as there are no new entries to speak of, although G-Eazy was able to re-enter with These Things Happen. Cadillactica, on the other hand, experienced a steep drop from its top 5 debut.
While Taylor Swift's 1989 takeover of the charts continues, many of our r'n'b and hip-hop artists have been pushed down. Teyana Taylor actually finds herself the highest-up, debuting at #19, with her G.O.O.D. album VII.
This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"12 Views0 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama741 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title3,828 Views36 Comments
- Kanye West Says People Who Act Like They Don't Like The Yeezy Boosts Are Racist2,287 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna Covers Vanity Fair; Talks Past Relationship With Chris Brown & More9,670 Views33 Comments
- Top Tracks: September 28 - October 416,783 Views30 Comments
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Bail Yet Again, Trial Set For 201630,945 Views146 Comments
- Will Smith Says He's Planning World Tour With DJ Jazzy Jeff 8,344 Views56 Comments
- 5 Things To Know About The Sauce Twinz20,351 Views176 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Announces "Intimate" 8-City Tour23,370 Views187 Comments
- MissInfo Announces Her Departure From HOT 9710,680 Views32 Comments
- CC Sabathia Announces That He's Checking Into Rehab And Will Miss The Playoffs3,089 Views0 Comments
- 6 Artists Who Cut Ties With Their (Former) Crews22,150 Views29 Comments
- Drake & Future's "WATTBA" Suffers 81% Drop In Album Sales 59,664 Views290 Comments
- Tupac Shakur Letter From Jail Denouncing Thug Life Selling For $225,00023,480 Views45 Comments
You may also like...