We'll be seeing a lot of Drake on Charts Don't Lie for the foreseeable future. The rapper dominated the Billboard 200 last week, and after getting bumped from #1 by Imagine Dragons' new album, he's sitting comfy at #2, moving over 150k in his second week.
Now that we've spent the day listening to Drake's new album If You're Reading This It's Too Late and thoroughly dissecting it, we're presenting you with an informative graphic that breaks down the album into simple mathematics.
Some might say Suge Knight isn't having the best year, and it's only just begun. The co-founder of Death Row Records started off 2015 with a murder charge to his name, not to mention, he's suffering from a few medical issues stemming from 2014's shooting.
This week proved to be a big one for hip-hop music, with Joey Bada$$ and Lupe Fiasco dropping their respective albums on the same day (January 20th), not to mention, free projects from Trinidad James, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti and K Camp.
This week we see a few fluctuations within Charts Don't Lie, however Nicki Minaj keeps the #2 spot on lock with The Pinkprint. It's not a bad resting place per say, although we're sure #1 would have felt that much better.
This is a pretty eventful Charts Don't Lie, as we were not only anticipating first week sales for the likes of Eminem, Rick Ross, Beyonce and Iggy Azalea, but we're now seeing the streaming initiative from Billboard in full effect.
This week on the charts proves to be rather uneventful, as there are no new entries to speak of, although G-Eazy was able to re-enter with These Things Happen. Cadillactica, on the other hand, experienced a steep drop from its top 5 debut.
While Taylor Swift's 1989 takeover of the charts continues, many of our r'n'b and hip-hop artists have been pushed down. Teyana Taylor actually finds herself the highest-up, debuting at #19, with her G.O.O.D. album VII.
This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"3,621 Views37 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall1,011 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"3,363 Views32 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram13,802 Views44 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"1,442 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)3,614 Views4 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney5,418 Views17 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music7,877 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"16,559 Views47 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast12,273 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon14,739 Views32 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour17,123 Views34 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1761 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance43,223 Views149 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"35,930 Views266 Comments
You may also like...