We'll be seeing a lot of Drake on Charts Don't Lie for the foreseeable future. The rapper dominated the Billboard 200 last week, and after getting bumped from #1 by Imagine Dragons' new album, he's sitting comfy at #2, moving over 150k in his second week.
Now that we've spent the day listening to Drake's new album If You're Reading This It's Too Late and thoroughly dissecting it, we're presenting you with an informative graphic that breaks down the album into simple mathematics.
Some might say Suge Knight isn't having the best year, and it's only just begun. The co-founder of Death Row Records started off 2015 with a murder charge to his name, not to mention, he's suffering from a few medical issues stemming from 2014's shooting.
This week proved to be a big one for hip-hop music, with Joey Bada$$ and Lupe Fiasco dropping their respective albums on the same day (January 20th), not to mention, free projects from Trinidad James, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti and K Camp.
This week we see a few fluctuations within Charts Don't Lie, however Nicki Minaj keeps the #2 spot on lock with The Pinkprint. It's not a bad resting place per say, although we're sure #1 would have felt that much better.
This is a pretty eventful Charts Don't Lie, as we were not only anticipating first week sales for the likes of Eminem, Rick Ross, Beyonce and Iggy Azalea, but we're now seeing the streaming initiative from Billboard in full effect.
This week on the charts proves to be rather uneventful, as there are no new entries to speak of, although G-Eazy was able to re-enter with These Things Happen. Cadillactica, on the other hand, experienced a steep drop from its top 5 debut.
While Taylor Swift's 1989 takeover of the charts continues, many of our r'n'b and hip-hop artists have been pushed down. Teyana Taylor actually finds herself the highest-up, debuting at #19, with her G.O.O.D. album VII.
This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”2,712 Views27 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail23,088 Views78 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder18,857 Views60 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week35,874 Views193 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20152,683 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic13,735 Views47 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"4,733 Views12 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"20,278 Views139 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop7,294 Views17 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged14,525 Views51 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On1,888 Views0 Comments
- Natural Born Hustlers: Top 5 Rapper CEOs6,831 Views25 Comments
- RIhanna Named Best Selling Digital Artist Of All-Time6,789 Views34 Comments
- FOX News Pundit On Kendrick Lamar: Rap Does "More Damage To Young African-Americans Than Racism"17,575 Views142 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC22,890 Views52 Comments