We'll be seeing a lot of Drake on Charts Don't Lie for the foreseeable future. The rapper dominated the Billboard 200 last week, and after getting bumped from #1 by Imagine Dragons' new album, he's sitting comfy at #2, moving over 150k in his second week.
Now that we've spent the day listening to Drake's new album If You're Reading This It's Too Late and thoroughly dissecting it, we're presenting you with an informative graphic that breaks down the album into simple mathematics.
Some might say Suge Knight isn't having the best year, and it's only just begun. The co-founder of Death Row Records started off 2015 with a murder charge to his name, not to mention, he's suffering from a few medical issues stemming from 2014's shooting.
This week proved to be a big one for hip-hop music, with Joey Bada$$ and Lupe Fiasco dropping their respective albums on the same day (January 20th), not to mention, free projects from Trinidad James, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti and K Camp.
This week we see a few fluctuations within Charts Don't Lie, however Nicki Minaj keeps the #2 spot on lock with The Pinkprint. It's not a bad resting place per say, although we're sure #1 would have felt that much better.
This is a pretty eventful Charts Don't Lie, as we were not only anticipating first week sales for the likes of Eminem, Rick Ross, Beyonce and Iggy Azalea, but we're now seeing the streaming initiative from Billboard in full effect.
This week on the charts proves to be rather uneventful, as there are no new entries to speak of, although G-Eazy was able to re-enter with These Things Happen. Cadillactica, on the other hand, experienced a steep drop from its top 5 debut.
While Taylor Swift's 1989 takeover of the charts continues, many of our r'n'b and hip-hop artists have been pushed down. Teyana Taylor actually finds herself the highest-up, debuting at #19, with her G.O.O.D. album VII.
This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square4,741 Views21 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape3,859 Views11 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More4,429 Views19 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL8,818 Views30 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women8,723 Views38 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"10,202 Views40 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review6,074 Views28 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram7,792 Views13 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party9,140 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,257 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover4,962 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,432 Views7 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,491 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?20,770 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title31,931 Views69 Comments