Music Industry Execs Vote Rap As Most Despised Genre, Give Tidal A Year At Best Aug 26, 2015 at 03:06pm
Billboard sent out a poll to 50 or so of the top music industry execs earlier this year, and they've now begun to roll out the results.
The effects of new N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton" have been more widespread than anyone could have predicted, with other rappers planning their own origin story films, Dr.
All Four Of Fetty Wap's Singles Are In The Top 10 On Billboard's Hot Rap Songs Chart Aug 20, 2015 at 04:17pm
We knew Fetty Wap was having a huge year pretty early on, around the time that "Trap Queen" started blasting out of roughly 50% of cars in all major cities. In terms of more measurable metrics, he's also killing it.
Business moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings to movie deals to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion.
rap industry recap Industry Rick Ross Lil Wayne Drake Meek Mill Kidd Kidd Pharrell Kendrick Lamar The Game Kelly Rowland 2 Chainz Warren G Nate Dogg DJ Mustard DJ Premier DJ Khaled Beyonce The Weeknd Kanye West Action Bronson 50 Cent Rihanna Ab-Soul ASAP Rocky DMX Chevy Woods Tyga Young Thug Vic Mensa Birdman Earl Sweatshirt Snoop Dogg
HNHH sat down for an illuminating interview with Strange Music CEO Travis O'Guin to discuss his history with Tech N9ne and what it takes to be successful as an independent artist or label.
Business moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings, to movie deals, to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion.
With the iTunes store only opening in 2003, the digital music industry is still pretty young, but it's far from devoid of competition, commerce and platinum-selling artists. The most successful of these, it turns out, is none other than Rihanna.
Last week, we were rather shocked to hear OG Maco say that he'd signed a major label deal. What about his deal with Quality Control, the label founded by Coach K and Pee Thomas that's also home to Migos?
While hip hop album sales keep on dropping (along with sales numbers in every other genre), the genre that's the namesake for this site seems to be flourishing in the world of music streaming, according to Nielsen's 2014 report.
Veteran New Orleans rapper/producer Mannie Fresh recently caught up with Vlad TV to discuss the success of Mac Miller and Macklemore and the eventual extinction of record labels. Are y'all feeling this one?
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"31 Views1 Comment
- Stream The Weeknd's New Album "Beauty Behind The Madness"11,424 Views62 Comments
- A Man On Facebook Is Looking To Trade His Yeezy Boosts For A Functioning Kidney11,567 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 4,645 Views37 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"3,562 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings30,911 Views85 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 63,592 Views0 Comments
- Tinashe Collaborates With Boi-1da, Travi$ Scott, Hit-Boy & More For New Album10,033 Views35 Comments
- LyriQuiz: The Weeknd - "Wicked Games"6,751 Views19 Comments
- Slaughterhouse Announces East Coast Tour3,488 Views4 Comments
- Top 5 Moments From Action Bronson's "Fuck, That's Delicious"4,026 Views5 Comments
- Common Weighs In On Drake & Serena Hooking Up28,298 Views91 Comments
- Rita Ora Debuts New Song "Religion" With Wiz Khalifa, Fuels Dating Rumors15,568 Views41 Comments
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West To Receive $440k Settlement From Leaked Engagement Video12,713 Views29 Comments
- #TBT: Big Pun3,099 Views23 Comments