In a stroke of branded content genius, Marvel is planning to release 50 reimaginations of classic rap album covers as comic book covers featuring characters from the Marvel universe.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview27,399 Views55 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend5,028 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"35,993 Views128 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"53,770 Views287 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up4,790 Views7 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted10,428 Views28 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A1,618 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction12,597 Views68 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week7,656 Views17 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 59,998 Views104 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night44,354 Views91 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"66,188 Views122 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix6,502 Views4 Comments
- Scarface Reveals Tracklist & Cover Art For "Deeply Rooted"3,221 Views20 Comments
You may also like...