Have you ever been listening to a hip-hop album from top to bottom and realized that every word, every beat and every cadence is an almost perfect representation of the city you're from?
In a stroke of branded content genius, Marvel is planning to release 50 reimaginations of classic rap album covers as comic book covers featuring characters from the Marvel universe.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Nas Will Perform “Illmatic,” With DJ Premier, In Its Entirety At BUKU Music+Art Project Feb 1, 2014 at 06:32pm
The 2014 BUKU Music + Art festival is upon us, and will feature a very special act. Nas is going to perform, and not only is he going to perform, but he'll be doing the entire, seminal Illmatic record in it entirety, back to front.
The thought of a sequel to Illmatic would make many a Hip-Hop aficionado shudder, equal in both excitement and nervousness. For good reason, too.
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension1,844 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around5,150 Views31 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date2,070 Views18 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"4,004 Views18 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"8,366 Views47 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival4,612 Views23 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport8,101 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See22,158 Views147 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans4,312 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum23,414 Views134 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?13,693 Views94 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby23,451 Views64 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus22,863 Views96 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"7,510 Views36 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works584 Views0 Comments