The NBA All-Star game has shown a concerted effort to honor its host city this year. Before tonight's game, Christina Aguilera started things off with a Big Apple-themed intro, performing a cover of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York."
Critically-acclaimed producer Large Professor is back on HNHH with a brand new track released in tribute of Nas' birthday. Titled "In The Scrolls," the track finds Professor spinning that "Illmatic shit," complete with scratches and soul samples.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
The Illmatic 20-year celebrations continue today, with the release of an official music video for the cut "Represent" off the 1994 album. Nas invited fans to collaborate and produce the visual for "Represent," which was shot at YouTube Space in Los Angeles.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Meyhem Lauren was originally slated to appear on the #Illmatic20 tribute tape, but apparently missed the deadline for the project. So now Lauren has decided to hop on a cut from the iconic debut for kicks, taking on classic single, "The World Is Yours".
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
As you may have heard, Nas' Illmatic turned 20 today, and NahRight and UpNorthTrips have celebrated by releasing a tribute tape. The #Illmatic20 Tribute Mixtape features contributions from NYC rappers like Smoke DZA, Troy Ave, Mr.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
With the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic quickly approaching, the rapper is just about everywhere, either doing interviews, answering the fans' questions on Reddit/Twitter, or he's the focus of documentaries/editorials on the classic LP (he's also releasing his o
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
Nas has big plans for the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic. In addition to issuing a re-release of the album as Illmatic XX with plenty of bonus cuts, he's completed a documentary which shows his creative process.
Next week, Nas celebrates the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut, Illmatic, with a deluxe reissue featuring previously unreleased demos and remixes.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
As you probably know by now, Nas is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic on April 15th, by releasing Illmatic XX, which, similar to plans from Mobb Deep for The Infamous, will contain a double disc album with all the original album tr
Large Professor's remix of Nas' "It Ain't Hard To Tell" (which he originally produced) was recorded in 1994, and has been unearthed for inclusion on Illmatic XX. For those unaware, the new project is a reissuing of Nas' definitive debut album that will inclu
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53 PM
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
Nas is a busy man these days. Rather he's always been busy, but now the legendary rapper is producing a brand new album in addition to co-writing his own autobiographical show, "Street Dreams," for Xbox. He will also produce music for the upcoming show.
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks4,176 Views31 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks3,213 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Sh*t, I Don't Go Outside"10,673 Views36 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown22,755 Views37 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts18,127 Views40 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son10,632 Views16 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.16,503 Views34 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"25,351 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,628 Views8 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 909 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery7,289 Views28 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,807 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue9,403 Views21 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 15,840 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way21,474 Views92 Comments
You may also like...
- My N-ggaz158 Views