The NBA All-Star game has shown a concerted effort to honor its host city this year. Before tonight's game, Christina Aguilera started things off with a Big Apple-themed intro, performing a cover of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York."
Critically-acclaimed producer Large Professor is back on HNHH with a brand new track released in tribute of Nas' birthday. Titled "In The Scrolls," the track finds Professor spinning that "Illmatic shit," complete with scratches and soul samples.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
The Illmatic 20-year celebrations continue today, with the release of an official music video for the cut "Represent" off the 1994 album. Nas invited fans to collaborate and produce the visual for "Represent," which was shot at YouTube Space in Los Angeles.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Meyhem Lauren was originally slated to appear on the #Illmatic20 tribute tape, but apparently missed the deadline for the project. So now Lauren has decided to hop on a cut from the iconic debut for kicks, taking on classic single, "The World Is Yours".
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
As you may have heard, Nas' Illmatic turned 20 today, and NahRight and UpNorthTrips have celebrated by releasing a tribute tape. The #Illmatic20 Tribute Mixtape features contributions from NYC rappers like Smoke DZA, Troy Ave, Mr.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
With the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic quickly approaching, the rapper is just about everywhere, either doing interviews, answering the fans' questions on Reddit/Twitter, or he's the focus of documentaries/editorials on the classic LP (he's also releasing his o
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
Nas has big plans for the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic. In addition to issuing a re-release of the album as Illmatic XX with plenty of bonus cuts, he's completed a documentary which shows his creative process.
Next week, Nas celebrates the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut, Illmatic, with a deluxe reissue featuring previously unreleased demos and remixes.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
As you probably know by now, Nas is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic on April 15th, by releasing Illmatic XX, which, similar to plans from Mobb Deep for The Infamous, will contain a double disc album with all the original album tr
Large Professor's remix of Nas' "It Ain't Hard To Tell" (which he originally produced) was recorded in 1994, and has been unearthed for inclusion on Illmatic XX. For those unaware, the new project is a reissuing of Nas' definitive debut album that will inclu
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 24836 Views1 Comment
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers8,501 Views74 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church2,447 Views22 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms3,215 Views16 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow16,649 Views51 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City11,419 Views35 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds20,503 Views62 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support13,193 Views59 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show21,297 Views45 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"5,017 Views12 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed36,886 Views106 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer6,222 Views7 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark14,824 Views38 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"16,518 Views55 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece40,357 Views52 Comments