The NBA All-Star game has shown a concerted effort to honor its host city this year. Before tonight's game, Christina Aguilera started things off with a Big Apple-themed intro, performing a cover of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York."
Critically-acclaimed producer Large Professor is back on HNHH with a brand new track released in tribute of Nas' birthday. Titled "In The Scrolls," the track finds Professor spinning that "Illmatic shit," complete with scratches and soul samples.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
The Illmatic 20-year celebrations continue today, with the release of an official music video for the cut "Represent" off the 1994 album. Nas invited fans to collaborate and produce the visual for "Represent," which was shot at YouTube Space in Los Angeles.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Meyhem Lauren was originally slated to appear on the #Illmatic20 tribute tape, but apparently missed the deadline for the project. So now Lauren has decided to hop on a cut from the iconic debut for kicks, taking on classic single, "The World Is Yours".
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
As you may have heard, Nas' Illmatic turned 20 today, and NahRight and UpNorthTrips have celebrated by releasing a tribute tape. The #Illmatic20 Tribute Mixtape features contributions from NYC rappers like Smoke DZA, Troy Ave, Mr.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
With the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic quickly approaching, the rapper is just about everywhere, either doing interviews, answering the fans' questions on Reddit/Twitter, or he's the focus of documentaries/editorials on the classic LP (he's also releasing his o
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
Nas has big plans for the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic. In addition to issuing a re-release of the album as Illmatic XX with plenty of bonus cuts, he's completed a documentary which shows his creative process.
Next week, Nas celebrates the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut, Illmatic, with a deluxe reissue featuring previously unreleased demos and remixes.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
As you probably know by now, Nas is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic on April 15th, by releasing Illmatic XX, which, similar to plans from Mobb Deep for The Infamous, will contain a double disc album with all the original album tr
Large Professor's remix of Nas' "It Ain't Hard To Tell" (which he originally produced) was recorded in 1994, and has been unearthed for inclusion on Illmatic XX. For those unaware, the new project is a reissuing of Nas' definitive debut album that will inclu
Nas Documentary, "Time Is Illmatic" To Premiere At 2014 Tribeca Film Festival Feb 19, 2014 at 02:53pm
Nas' influential debut album, Illmatic, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and on top of a special reissue of the album, a documentary on the project will also see release.
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm2,071 Views28 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest300 Views1 Comment
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 6,514 Views20 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall3,233 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”25,162 Views130 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail31,074 Views91 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder24,042 Views68 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week47,621 Views217 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20153,289 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic16,806 Views50 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"5,684 Views13 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"23,616 Views153 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop8,585 Views18 Comments
- Kid Ink Is Engaged17,298 Views55 Comments
- Top-5 July Sneaker Releases To Keep Your Eye On2,282 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill "5 Fingers Of Death" Freestyle2,066 Views