Have you ever been listening to a hip-hop album from top to bottom and realized that every word, every beat and every cadence is an almost perfect representation of the city you're from?
In a stroke of branded content genius, Marvel is planning to release 50 reimaginations of classic rap album covers as comic book covers featuring characters from the Marvel universe.
The NBA All-Star game has shown a concerted effort to honor its host city this year. Before tonight's game, Christina Aguilera started things off with a Big Apple-themed intro, performing a cover of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York."
Critically-acclaimed producer Large Professor is back on HNHH with a brand new track released in tribute of Nas' birthday. Titled "In The Scrolls," the track finds Professor spinning that "Illmatic shit," complete with scratches and soul samples.
The people aren't done celebrating the 20-year anniversary of Nas' Illmatic just yet. The rapper is prepared to take Illmatic XX on the road for a tour, alongside a screening of his Illmatic documentary.
The Illmatic 20-year celebrations continue today, with the release of an official music video for the cut "Represent" off the 1994 album. Nas invited fans to collaborate and produce the visual for "Represent," which was shot at YouTube Space in Los Angeles.
Seeing Dave Chappelle do comedy live in 2014 is already a pretty big deal, but the notoriously reclusive funnyman has made his dates at Radio City Music Hall this month just a little more special.
Meyhem Lauren was originally slated to appear on the #Illmatic20 tribute tape, but apparently missed the deadline for the project. So now Lauren has decided to hop on a cut from the iconic debut for kicks, taking on classic single, "The World Is Yours".
Before Kendrick Lamar raised the bar with good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kanye West walked with Jesus, and the deadly East-West Coast rivalry, there was a young kid observing life and crime through his project window.
As you may have heard, Nas' Illmatic turned 20 today, and NahRight and UpNorthTrips have celebrated by releasing a tribute tape. The #Illmatic20 Tribute Mixtape features contributions from NYC rappers like Smoke DZA, Troy Ave, Mr.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
With the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic quickly approaching, the rapper is just about everywhere, either doing interviews, answering the fans' questions on Reddit/Twitter, or he's the focus of documentaries/editorials on the classic LP (he's also releasing his o
Nas' re-release of his classic debut effort Illmatic officially arrives on April 19th. Illmatic XX, as it's called, comes with an entire new disc of remixes from the Illmatic era as well as remastered versions of all the tracks on the original LP.
Yesterday, REVOLT TV played host to Nas for a discussion surrounding the 20th anniversary of his classic debut, Illmatic. Among other things, Nas revealed that he himself had contributed to the infamous leak of the album before its release date:
Nas has big plans for the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic. In addition to issuing a re-release of the album as Illmatic XX with plenty of bonus cuts, he's completed a documentary which shows his creative process.
Next week, Nas celebrates the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut, Illmatic, with a deluxe reissue featuring previously unreleased demos and remixes.
The month that marks the 20th anniversary of the brilliant Nas classic, Illmatic is upon us and it has all who were around for the album's release looking back in introspection about the influential record.
As you probably know by now, Nas is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his classic album Illmatic on April 15th, by releasing Illmatic XX, which, similar to plans from Mobb Deep for The Infamous, will contain a double disc album with all the original album tr
- Jahlil Okafor Scuffles With A Heckler In Boston989 Views0 Comments
- #TBT: Chris Brown's Smash Singles5,439 Views24 Comments
- Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings 2" Tracklist Revealed81,050 Views313 Comments
- Beyoncé Is Putting Out A Line Of Streetwear3,788 Views9 Comments
- A HotNewHipHop Thanksgiving: 10 Things We're Thankful For4,703 Views38 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Debuted Another New Record The Other Night11,632 Views52 Comments
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt21,713 Views76 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"11,695 Views147 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"5,227 Views30 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th13,519 Views37 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20167,148 Views27 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"15,365 Views60 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption21,923 Views70 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together19,330 Views84 Comments
- Chris Brown Performs "Zero" On Jimmy Fallon8,773 Views
- Jamie Foxx "In Love By Now" Video1,892 Views
- Lil Wayne "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape Trailer42,974 Views