Those lucky enough to be at Austin City Limits last night (Oct. 3) got to see Drake bring out Future to perform tracks off their recent joint album, What a Time to Be Alive, live for the first time.
This sounds like an unexpected collab -- Meek Mill and the Sauce Twinz -- though maybe it shouldn't be, as both Meek and one half of the Twinz, Sauce Walka, have beef with Drake.
Propain is quickly making a name for himself out of Houston. He's been vetted by the OGs -- you may have heard him with Slim Thug on "All I Know" or, more recently, with Paul Wall on "Hold It Diine for My City," off Wall's new album Slab God.
One day ahead of schedule, Paul Wall blesses us with his new album Slab God, his homage to Houston car culture. Given the strength of the three singles Wall has dropped so far -- all delivered with his signature Southern slang and funk/soul-insp
Houston is a well-known hip-hop hub, and that's largely due to the music of DJ Screw. By pioneering the chopped and screwed remixing method, Screw is one of the first dudes to make really slow rap music cool.
Houston legend Trae tha Truth has been teasing us in the lead up to Tha Truth with such well-titled bangers as "Tricken Every Car I Get" feat. Future & Boosie and "I Don't Give A Fuck" feat. Rick Ross.
Over the course of his career, Travi$ Scott has often been accused of copying others' styles, whether those of Kid Cudi or his mentor, Kanye West, or more recently, Atlanta's trap rappers.
Today, Sauce Twinz make good on their hype by dropping a joint mixtape with Sosamann called Sauce Theft Auto. Here's a highlight from the project called "OMS" (Oh My Sauce). It features Boosie Badazz and was produced by Jrag 2x.
Drake's annual Houston Appreciation Weekend closed out last night, and while it's received some criticism from the local scene, Drake certainly garnered a warm reception at his final performance.
Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds May 25, 2015 at 01:12pm
As many people noticed, Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend line-up and appearances contained a surprising lack of Houston-bred artists.
Drake had a pretty big weekend, with his second annual Houston Appreciation event going down (on top of which, a few songs sprung a leak onto the web). We've already seen a few photos from HAW, and now we've got footage from Drake's inaugural&nb
Yesterday (May 19), Drake announced the schedule for the second annual OVO-run Houston Appreciation Weekend (HAW), which kicks off tomorrow (May 21) with a Bun B tribute event and ends Sunday (May 24) with a Drizzy/Future "Jungle" show and a Boosie Badazz afte
As we learned last week, Drake and the OVO squad will be making "Houston Appreciation Weekend" an annual thing, and with the 2015 edition kicking off on Thursday, they've shared a schedule of events.
Kirko Bangz provides a new tune just in time for your weekend, and it comes from an unexpected place with Kirko's take on "Ay Vamos." The original cut is from Columbian singer J Balvin and dates back to 2014, but you may or may not know that a n
One of the few Danny Brown features we've gotten this year was on BeatKing's latest mixtape Club God 4. BeatKing is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with outta Houston, and Danny Brown is the perfect match for his ratchet club-wrecking sound.
OG Ron C is the world's finest purveyor of the Houston chop n screw sound, and his right-hand man, DJ Candlestick, is right up there too.
"Cell Boomin" is off Maxo Kream's recent mixtape MAXO 187, which put the young Houston rapper on the map. For the video, though, he gets Atlanta's Father to join in, making the track that much better.
OG Ron C, along with the late DJ Screw, is the originator of the chopped & screwed sound. He's as big a player in Houston hip-hop as any H-Town rapper.
Bun B's latest endeavor is one that's pretty unprecedented in the rap game. This Spring, he'll be co-teaching an online course called "Hip Hop & Religion" with Rice University professor Dr.
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival2,144 Views12 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition3,186 Views13 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)2,343 Views8 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye14,869 Views72 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far12,342 Views103 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay18,061 Views117 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie3,530 Views35 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"22,413 Views141 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram3,955 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum5,261 Views35 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs8,095 Views32 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke8,652 Views49 Comments
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"30,522 Views178 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support19,357 Views120 Comments
You may also like...